What would you do if you were alone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2015, 10:06 AM
RE: What would you do if you were alone?
(13-03-2015 09:53 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(13-03-2015 09:08 AM)ComradeBunny Wrote:  I'd track down a set of lock picks and learn how to use them. Next, I would locate a house with solar panels and a fire place to use as my base of operations. I suppose I would have to bury the bodies of the house's owners. Can't let a dead body stick around for long if you want to avoid disease. Then it would be time to stockpile food, water, batteries, wood, and other necessities. I'd plant a garden (with help from the books I'd take from the library) and learn how to can the fruits and vegetables I grow. Next, I'd follow Shadow Fox's plan and try to preserve what I can. When the internet goes out, I'm going to be a very sad person. However, I think I would be okay alone as long as I adopted some pets to keep me company.

All good ideas but why lock picks?

Explosives are dangerous and messy. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2015, 10:19 AM
(13-03-2015 10:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-03-2015 09:53 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  All good ideas but why lock picks?

Explosives are dangerous and messy. Drinking Beverage

Good point sir.
Find all posts by this user
13-03-2015, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2015 10:46 AM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
(13-03-2015 09:08 AM)ComradeBunny Wrote:  I'd track down a set of lock picks and learn how to use them. Next, I would locate a house with solar panels and a fire place to use as my base of operations. I suppose I would have to bury the bodies of the house's owners. Can't let a dead body stick around for long if you want to avoid disease. Then it would be time to stockpile food, water, batteries, wood, and other necessities. I'd plant a garden (with help from the books I'd take from the library) and learn how to can the fruits and vegetables I grow. Next, I'd follow Shadow Fox's plan and try to preserve what I can. When the internet goes out, I'm going to be a very sad person. However, I think I would be okay alone as long as I adopted some pets to keep me company.

Break into hardware store. Grab sledgehammer, drill, and some locks (optional).

- drill lock on chosen base of operations.
- replace with new lock if you're worried (nobody else is around, and unless you live with apes and monkeys, none of the other animals will be opening your door)
- use sledge hammer for any future locked doors beyond your residence.

No need for picking. And even if you want to enter without breaking shit, just get a bump key. You could also use a cordless drill with a hole saw large enough to fit your hand through and unlock the door. The new drills I got last a surprisingly long time between charges.
13-03-2015, 10:49 AM
Staying in one place is quite good but, I think I'll personally be better off traveling and making port connections. I'll take my chances with the open seas & canals. I love sailing and there's no better or faster way to see the world.

I think the nuke plants will eventually cause problems. I hope the experts who know how to decommission them will be around to organize people to do that. Bummer just thinking about that. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
14-03-2015, 04:17 PM
After settling the details of my daily survival routine?

Sit around, drink coffee, play some acoustic guitar, compose music, repeat.