What would you do if you won the lottery?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2013, 12:02 PM
RE: What would you do if you won the lottery?
A hundred million isn't much, but I'd do the best I could with it. After $45mil went to Uncle Sam to pay for keeping half the Gitmo hunger strikers locked up...

I would set up some horizontal cooperatives. Members would trade amongst each other to meet their needs, non-members are welcome and pay cash. A percentage of cash sales goes back the funds below.

I would set up a co-op fund, dedicated to creating cooperatives that meet the biggest needs of other co-op members.

I would also set up a financial defense fund, that would be invested in capital markets, for the purpose of retaliating against inevitable financial attack against the co-ops.

Basically, I would try to plant the seeds of a participatory, democratic economy in the fertilizer of our current system. Like I said, $100mil isn't much.

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2013, 12:07 PM
(07-08-2013 12:02 PM)I Am Wrote:  A hundred million isn't much

Shocking can I have your pocket change?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
07-08-2013, 12:29 PM
(07-08-2013 12:07 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(07-08-2013 12:02 PM)I Am Wrote:  A hundred million isn't much

Shocking can I have your pocket change?
I should have clarified... a hundred million isn't much, for my purposes. Angel
As far as my change... heck, I'll buy the first round when we meet. :-)

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
07-08-2013, 01:04 PM
(07-08-2013 12:29 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(07-08-2013 12:07 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Shocking can I have your pocket change?
I should have clarified... a hundred million isn't much, for my purposes. Angel
As far as my change... heck, I'll buy the first round when we meet. :-)

got it, and I'll hold you up to that promise [Image: cheers.png]

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
07-08-2013, 05:11 PM
I'd set myself up for life, and my family, leave something as a backup. And then I'd donate about half to fund the introductory movie of The Venus Project. They'd hire Steven Spielberg or someone like that to make this film a totally awesome masterpiece to change the world and start building a research and showcase city of TVP, to prove that it works.

[Image: thevenusproject.gif?w=640&h=280]
07-08-2013, 05:41 PM
I'll tell you what I'd do man...

[+] 1 user Likes Regular_Joe's post
07-08-2013, 08:52 PM
This question has been asked numerous times. Like I've stated before, I would make sure my immediate family was set for life. However, they would have to prove to me that they would do something productive before I fit the bill. I would help my extended family with bills by giving them all large checks. I would quit my job and get PhDs in all of my favorite subjects, and I would teach for free just to pass on what I have learned to the next generation. Travel would also be a priority. Apart from giving to charities, I would donate generously to the science and medical fields, as well as start several scholarships for deserving students from modest backgrounds.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2013, 09:30 PM
If I won the lottery I'd play this song everyday

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-08-2013, 04:09 AM
After I got done rubbing it in people's faces of whom I dislike and other assorted people, I'd buy a container ship. A big container ship. Something like 10,000 TEU capacity or bigger.
And I'd call it the HMNZS Fuck You! It'd be the first NZ owned and operated ship but it'd be so big that it couldn't even dock in our harbors. Big Grin
But hey, if the Switz can own a series of 16,000 capacity container ships I think NZ can own one or two.

Then I'd retire and play video games all day.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
08-08-2013, 06:42 PM
(08-08-2013 04:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  After I got done rubbing it in people's faces of whom I dislike and other assorted people, I'd buy a container ship. A big container ship. Something like 10,000 TEU capacity or bigger.
And I'd call it the HMNZS Fuck You! It'd be the first NZ owned and operated ship but it'd be so big that it couldn't even dock in our harbors. Big Grin
But hey, if the Switz can own a series of 16,000 capacity container ships I think NZ can own one or two.

Then I'd retire and play video games all day.

I'd pay someone to follow you round correcting you every time you said or wrote "switz".

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.