Whatever happened to ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2015, 05:52 PM
RE: Whatever happened to ...
(04-02-2015 05:44 PM)kim Wrote:  Yea, I'd wondered about Banjo.

I have to assume he's on walkabout. Undecided You know what I mean?

Ditto.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-02-2015, 09:27 PM
The Drop Bears'll get ya.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-02-2015, 09:41 PM
(04-02-2015 05:48 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 05:44 PM)kim Wrote:  Yea, I'd wondered about Banjo.

I have to assume he's on walkabout. Undecided You know what I mean?

Yeah...I do.

I think of him often. The Internet is difficult at times.

Sadcryface

I never looked at it that way. I guess any of us can just go AWOL or on walkabout one day and that would be that. No way to reconnect. Sobering. Glad you guys are here.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-02-2015, 08:56 AM
(04-02-2015 09:41 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 05:48 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yeah...I do.

I think of him often. The Internet is difficult at times.

Sadcryface

I never looked at it that way. I guess any of us can just go AWOL or on walkabout one day and that would be that. No way to reconnect. Sobering. Glad you guys are here.

Some of us are connected through other media.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-02-2015, 09:19 AM
Yes. I stalk Chas several places
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
05-02-2015, 09:29 AM
I’m glad you brought that up.

I was just talking with Moms and the thought occured to me that it would be good to know that there were other avenues of communication just in case.

As a for instance if any of the long-time members stopped showing up one day has each of them confided with another so as to have at least one other forum member able to contact them outside the forum venue? Consider

A very few have my e-mail and even less my Facebook page and website. No one has my address or phone number. So using me as an example, if anyone cared to go looking for me if I simply stopped posting, a few could try and communicate.

(BTW I say long-time member and not all members for obvious reasons, many people come and go and the last thing anyone wants is for your personal info to be in the hands of an unknown nut-job, known nut-jobs are OK Thumbsup ).

I don’t know where I’m going with this. It’s just that we know Banjo had some serious health issues and we haven’t heard from him since June of last year. Sad and a bit frustrating is all.

Maybe if those who wanted to be found, and have confided in another forum member, could send that info to the FT. I could tell the FT that such-and-such knows how to get in contact with me and leave it at that. In this way there could be a known backchannel in the event of a person going AWOL or walkabout.

As Moms said, the internet is hard. You get attached to people you have never physically met or spoken to and then one day poof, gone.

Not everyone wants to be found I suppose.

Here’s to your health Banjo. You are not forgotten.

[Image: beer-toast-clouds.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
05-02-2015, 10:32 AM
(05-02-2015 09:29 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Maybe if those who wanted to be found, and have confided in another forum member, could send that info to the FT. I could tell the FT that such-and-such knows how to get in contact with me and leave it at that. In this way there could be a known backchannel in the event of a person going AWOL or walkabout.

You could, but also remember that information can become seriously outdated. Even here when people sign up they often NEVER think to update their email address. Phone numbers can be changed, people move..etc.

Being able to get in touch with someone else outside of this forum is probably a good thing.

I suppose the best suggestion is to "hook up" with forum members outside via some sort of social media such as Facebook. If you actually use it on a regular basis.

That way if something tragic happens (sudden or not so sudden) people here would have a better chance to find out.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

05-02-2015, 12:16 PM
I havent seen wazzel post in awhile, or maybe we are just posting in different threads. Consider

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
05-02-2015, 12:29 PM
(05-02-2015 12:16 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I havent seen wazzel post in awhile, or maybe we are just posting in different threads. Consider

I just looked. He was here at the end of January but hasn’t posted since December.

05-02-2015, 02:33 PM
(05-02-2015 09:19 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Yes. I stalk Chas several places

I knew that restraining order was not worth a damn. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post