Whats going on in santa-monica???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2012, 07:32 PM
RE: Whats going on in santa-monica???
(04-02-2012 05:11 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  It's bird! It's a plane! No it's................OH GOD IT'S A GUNDAM! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Nah..an Eva unit (Evangelion) would be WAY cooler than Gundam. Big Grin

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is Alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2012, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2012 09:44 PM by Erxomai.)
(04-02-2012 05:51 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(04-02-2012 11:48 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Did you happen to Google "Santa Monica Military Checkpoint"?
I did.
Not one mention of this incident. Surprising to learn in a world of 24 hour news channels fighting to provide content that there is not one story about this.

No I didnt check.....I have done now and your right.....the only thing I can see related is the DUI stopchecks they have planned for next week due to the superbowl or something.....the army is not mentioned in them.

I did find this from california though, im only mentioning it caus its a military stopcheck related to my original post.....ive done a quick google search and cant find anything else......maybe escondido has a military base there or something????

I saw the DUI info too, and wondered if maybe that could have been what it was all about. Her video ended with a picture of a soldier on the streets of LA, but having lived there during the Rodney King Riots and the Northridge Earthquake, there are other reasons why soldiers would be deployed, including homeland security exercises.

This video of the checkpoint in Escondido is one of several on Southern California freeways near the border with Mexico. For years these checkpoints have operated to search for illegal immigrants crossing the border from TJ. I think they're usually staffed by US Customs and Border Protection along with the California Highway Patrol. Camp Pendelton, the west coast's largest Marine base is a stone's throw away, so it's very possible there could be some sort of joint exercise going on. I always found these checkpoints annoying, and discriminating. If you're white, they wave you right through. If you're brown, they'll stop and ask where you're from and where you're going. They also don't seem very efficient as they seem to only be on the freeways and not on the backroads. I always found these road signs amusing:

[Image: w707.jpg]

If you really want to explore strange goings on in Santa Monica, check out this historical mystery:

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-02-2012, 05:45 AM
(04-02-2012 12:16 PM)kim Wrote:  I'm betting they aren't too local; they are just trying to make the local fly-boys look like assholes. These wannabe hot shots will probably get some knuckle raps, if this gets to their base commander. Of course, they didn't let anyone see their markings, so they'll probably go undisciplined. The bases in the entire state will get stern lectures, but that's about it.

Some stupid fucks, purposely buzzed and scared the shit out of the unsuspecting public. It happens.

So, just to explain the jet video: News Article. The pilot was the private owner of a surplus Russian jet based at Van Nuys. He performed this unauthorized air show in order to promote a movie he was involved with.

Operating at low level at speeds up to 350 MPH in this area is not only unsafe for the pilot and folks on the ground and illegal under several different Federal Aviation Regulations, but also potentially dangerous to other air traffic. Note the proximity of Santa Monica pier to the departure end of Santa Monica airport.

So, not miliary, not from out of town, not a slap on the wrist. Civilian + local + fines + jail time + pilot certificate revocation.
20-02-2012, 10:11 AM
(20-02-2012 05:45 AM)rook2004 Wrote:  
(04-02-2012 12:16 PM)kim Wrote:  I'm betting they aren't too local; they are just trying to make the local fly-boys look like assholes. These wannabe hot shots will probably get some knuckle raps, if this gets to their base commander. Of course, they didn't let anyone see their markings, so they'll probably go undisciplined. The bases in the entire state will get stern lectures, but that's about it.

Some stupid fucks, purposely buzzed and scared the shit out of the unsuspecting public. It happens.

So, just to explain the jet video: News Article. The pilot was the private owner of a surplus Russian jet based at Van Nuys. He performed this unauthorized air show in order to promote a movie he was involved with.

Operating at low level at speeds up to 350 MPH in this area is not only unsafe for the pilot and folks on the ground and illegal under several different Federal Aviation Regulations, but also potentially dangerous to other air traffic. Note the proximity of Santa Monica pier to the departure end of Santa Monica airport.

So, not miliary, not from out of town, not a slap on the wrist. Civilian + local + fines + jail time + pilot certificate revocation.

Nice detective work, Rook.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel