Whats the "point"???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Whats the "point"???
In my journey of growing up and the ceasless learning experiences I am going through.... both positive and bad........ I stand and review things on a daily basis.

Through my mode of thinking I appreciate that there is a "yin" and that there is a "yang" (your viewpoint versus mine, cause and effect, minus and positive etc etc) ......... I know that I am predispositioned to one side, yet I try my very best to empathise with the opposite. Sometimes I feel that I can be succesfull with this and sometimes I think I am afforded an "overall" view...... that instead of seeing things in "black and white" sometimes I can see the whole picture.

[Image: yinYang.gif]

So I transfer this mode of thinking to life broadly....... wondering what it is that is planted in my sub-c that makes me seek these "answers".

I am anti-goverment... I am of the belief that there is a lot of corruption and wrong doings in the world and I think from my own personal viewpoint that a lot of suffering is illogical....... I could stand up and fight every single day for what I deem as "freedom" and wether I consider myself succesfull or a failure, nevertheless one day I shall wander off this mortal coil and I shall die.

Even if I was to be "immortalised" in history and have statues and history books written after me then I wont be here to see it nor revel in my ego.

Even if re-incarantion was real and I come back and live many lifes in different shapes and forms on this planet then eventually in this "now" we mesuare as the "future" this planet will eventually cease to hold life (that I recognise) as it either suffers some planet changing event or it gets closer and closer to the sun.

I suppose if I had not wrote this thread and was instead offering my opinion as an answer I would say something typical like "Life is what you make it"

Part rant........ Part drivel......... dont know where im going with it (seeing as I dont think there is an answer if im honest) so ill leave it at that lol

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
11-06-2012, 06:14 PM
RE: Whats the "point"???
To first realize and then fully appreciate that there is no fucking point. The second lesson is harder than the first and takes a lot more time and effort. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
11-06-2012, 07:06 PM
What I did one depressing day was determine my expectations.

I realized very quickly that I didn't have a clear set of expectation. People do, but I don't.

What do I expect life to be, and why? I never found a clear answer to that. So then I thought of what a gods point would be, and came up with nothing, so then I thought up the probability of life without cause, and confused myself.

So after some drugs, I asked myself what point there could be. I never thought up an answer and instead came up with more questions. What point would I accept. That's the one that got me. It's the main reason I stopped bothering with drugs of any sort on a regular basis.

There is NO point I would accept. There is NO reason I would find reasonable or justified. Nothing I can imagine would feel right.

I had a period in my life where I was too introspective. Way too fucking philosophically obsessed. I read everything I could, I over thought everything there was. Sleep eluded me many a night. The result of hitting the wall so to speak, was that I could forget about it for the most part. Don't get me wrong, it still bugs me sometimes, but I can sleep usually and when I can't it's usually something else. When you know that no answer is good enough, you can stop obsessing about it.

I still think about it casually, and read what I can, but it's not MY problem anymore.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
11-06-2012, 08:50 PM
I used to be a little like you, Bemore, in that being somewhat distressed on the state of world and how it works.

I have a friend whom used to be obsessive on conspiracy theories and, as such, almost made himself sick over it. He no longer researches it as much and no longer takes it to heart.

I think it was Peterkin who basically stated "It's too late. We cannot change it now even if we wanted to" which I think is correct.

I still have interest in things but do NOT take it on board. 'Change the things you can, in life and accept those you cannot'

Occasionally I get riled up about the greed and malevolence of the world but I try not to Sleepy

BTW, where IS Peterkin. Haven't seen him around much lately.... Unsure

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
11-06-2012, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2012 09:05 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-06-2012 07:06 PM)lucradis Wrote:  There is NO point I would accept. There is NO reason I would find reasonable or justified. Nothing I can imagine would feel right.

You have a point. Thumbsup

11-06-2012, 09:33 PM
there is no dark side of the moon, really. matter of fact, it's all dark.

The problem with righteousness is that is is such an effective marketing strategy. One cannot exist in the modern world without being inundated with this ephemeral "right." Every form of communication, from books to movies to billboards and commercials, is geared to make one think in terms of "what is right."

fuck all that we gotta get on with these... You need some trees. Trees are right. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
11-06-2012, 09:44 PM
(11-06-2012 09:33 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  fuck all that we gotta get on with these... You need some trees. Trees are right. Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-06-2012, 09:46 PM
(11-06-2012 08:50 PM)aurora Wrote:  BTW, where IS Peterkin. Haven't seen him around much lately.... Unsure
Her.

She and Zat both disappeared.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
11-06-2012, 09:46 PM
What's under the tree this year, Dad?

Liquid oxygen. Stand back, kid. This tree is going where no conifer has gone before...

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
11-06-2012, 09:47 PM
(11-06-2012 09:46 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(11-06-2012 08:50 PM)aurora Wrote:  BTW, where IS Peterkin. Haven't seen him around much lately.... Unsure
Her.

She and Zat both disappeared.
He's a she? Tis news to me. Tongue

She just posted in philosophy a day or two ago. A.k.a. - lurker. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post