When Did God Start Giving A Damn?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2014, 07:17 AM
RE: When Did God Start Giving A Damn?
(19-08-2014 06:33 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 06:30 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  "I don't owe you an explanation. I can do what I want to you without your permission" is selfish narcissism, not love. It is the recipe for abusive spouses, mafia bosses and dictators.

[Image: -Whatever-Ci-I-Do-What-I-Want-GIF.gif]

If it were not for humans actually believing in such a selfish character or infecting politics to the point of murder and war, Cartman is exactly how this fictional sky hero should be viewed. A childish bully.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
19-08-2014, 07:25 AM
Somewhere around the new testament, I'd say. At least, that's where the doctrine of damnation enters the picture.
Find all posts by this user
19-08-2014, 07:46 AM
(19-08-2014 07:25 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Somewhere around the new testament, I'd say. At least, that's where the doctrine of damnation enters the picture.

I'd say that's where God realizes he suffers from multiple personality, the asshole, the nice guy and the stoner.
19-08-2014, 10:53 AM
(19-08-2014 06:15 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  If the human species has been walking around the Earth for roughly 200 thousand years, why did God wait so long to give us his divine guidance through the Old Testament?

Here's an even better question to ask someone who believes in an eternal god: If God has existed for all of eternity, why did he wait infinity years to create his most beloved creation?

The whole concept of an eternal being is so stupid to begin with. Their stated position is that God existed alone for infinity years before creating heaven and the angels, ...and no one ever wants to speculate as to what God was doing for infinity years. Trying to contextualize human existence inside of this paradigm will only end in lunacy and/or tears.