When Did you realize you were old.?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2012, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 12:17 PM by justmetoo.)
When Did you realize you were old.?
I remember not even thinking about it until the date I got the letter in the mail from A.A.R.P.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AARP

You could have knocked me over with a feather. I just stood there, wide eyeed and mouth gapping open in disbelief. Then I got angry and I'm sure if someone handed the letter to me, I'd have knocked them down.

I could have bent nails with my teeth. That set me off for the rest of the day until I saw my brother get the same letter. HEE HEE!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2012, 12:03 PM
RE: When Did you realize you were old.?
I am 54 and I swear AARP has been stalking me for a decade.

Now I get emails about my hip replacement, knee replacement, rascal scooters and the like. (I don't have/need any of those).

The worst was several years ago when I started getting calls trying to sell me burial plots...YIKES!...after about half a dozen of those calls I asked if they knew something I didn't.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
10-04-2012, 12:46 PM
When I woke up. Big Grin

My Gwynnies gonna be 40. That ain't old, that's continual perfection. Big Grin

More advantages to being old. There's a houseful of kids here, some adults, I get to be the dottering old man. Yeah, I got the best job. Would not wanna be young again, fuck no. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2012, 12:53 PM
I've felt old since I was 10. When I turned 18 I felt like I was 80. Was also around the time I lost the ability to bend down without making a noise..

Only as old as you feel, what if you feel 50 years older than you are? xD

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
10-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Old? What's that?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Ever since amusement park rides started to sicken me... Sadcryface

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
10-04-2012, 04:04 PM
OK, here's my personal "You know you're old when . . ." list.

You know you're old when . . .
  • You wake up in the morning, look in the mirror, and blurt out, "JESUS! Who the hell is THAT?"
  • You notice that parts of your body are hurting that never hurt before.
  • You drop something and ask yourself if you really need to bend down and pick it up or if it would do any harm if it just lay there for a while.
  • Your eating habits haven't changed, but the scale starts showing you numbers you've never seen before.
  • You discover that all systems are not quite as "go" as they used to be (a situation that fortunately can be remedied very nicely with a little help from your pharmaceutical friends).
  • People you don't think are that younger than you call you "Sir."
  • The young lady at the supermarket check-out asks if you'd like help carrying your groceries to your car; you smile and say, "No, that's OK," when you really want to shout, "I CAN BENCH PRESS TWICE WHAT YOU WEIGH! YOU THINK I NEED HELP CARRYING A GODDAM CARTON OF MILK AND A HEAD OF LETTUCE???"
  • You realize, sadly, how many of your family, friends, and acquaintances are no longer around.
  • You hear about some famous person dying at an age younger than yours and say to yourself, "Well, I outlasted HIM."
  • Searching for your keys and glasses becomes an almost-daily ritual.
  • You happily discover you qualify for senior discounts at a lot of movie theaters and restaurants.
  • You no longer need to seek approval everywhere, and you find that the only people whose assessments of you you care about are those you love or respect or care about yourself.
  • You realize that even though it's no longer youthful, you're pretty comfortable in your own skin.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 7 users Like cufflink's post
10-04-2012, 04:09 PM
When I turned 20!

DON'T LOOK AT ME! I'M ANCIENT Weeping !

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
10-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Tomorrow... it's my birthday and all.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
10-04-2012, 04:15 PM
(10-04-2012 04:09 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  When I turned 20!

DON'T LOOK AT ME! I'M ANCIENT Weeping !
Kidz... Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user