When Did you realize you were old.?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2012, 01:26 AM
RE: When Did you realize you were old.?
I'm not old yet. In fact, I'm in my final year of high school. To be honest, I fear growing old.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2012, 04:40 AM
Last year, when a twenty-year-old asked me out, and I realised I was seven years older than him Sadcryface

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
16-04-2012, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2012 10:10 AM by ghostexorcist.)
I'm only 30, but feel really old. I messed my foot and knees up in the military. My joints are constantly snapping and popping. As someone else pointed out, various body parts start to hurt for no reason. I started loosing my hair when I was around 20, and wearing helmets and berets in the military expedited the process. I still had a good deal of hair when I got out, but now I almost have the full on "birds nest." This is when the top of your head is shiny bald with a wreath of hair wrapping around the sides. I now buzz my head because the birds nest makes me look older than what I am, and because I have way too much dignity to wear a wig. It's much easier to gain weight than it is to loose it. My already sensitive skin is even more sensitive now. I hate to see what life has in store for me in the next 30 years.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-04-2012, 10:07 AM
It was my 34th birthday on April 5th.

I asked my wife "What do grown ups do on thier birthday?"

She replied, "they buy paint in order to decorate the spare room."

I felt old.

After painting, I went out with my mate, Big Mike for a few drinks. We ended up drinking overpriced, luke warm beer out of plastic cups in some hot, sweaty dive in town, surrounded by people younger and better looking than me. The music was too loud and there was nowhere to sit down.

I felt old

The bar was playing remixes of songs that were cool when I was in my teens. The kids were wearing clothes that were cool when I was in my teens.

I felt old.

The biggest upside to getting older is your moaning skills improve with time. Whilst I can't compete with my Dad who's in his 70's and would easily bring home the gold if moaning was an olympic sport, I can now moan with authority on a wide variety of topics. Moaning is the new rock and roll.

Getting older is so liberating as well. I've realised I don't have to obsess about my image, that peoples opinions of me are mostly irellevent to my well-being and being sulky and angst-ridden rarely yields a postive outcome.

Embrace the age! Old people FTW.

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
[+] 2 users Like Shannow's post
16-04-2012, 10:18 AM
I have perfected my moaning abilities and I'm only 20.

The crowded shitty bar sounds awful. I just like to be able to get a seat and be able to have a conversation in a pub.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 2 users Like frankiej's post
16-04-2012, 11:01 AM
feeling old makes me feel alive so I think I never felt old as I should Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
16-04-2012, 05:22 PM
(16-04-2012 08:24 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I'm only 30, but feel really old. I messed my foot and knees up in the military. My joints are constantly snapping and popping. As someone else pointed out, various body parts start to hurt for no reason. I started loosing my hair when I was around 20, and wearing helmets and berets in the military expedited the process. I still had a good deal of hair when I got out, but now I almost have the full on "birds nest." This is when the top of your head is shiny bald with a wreath of hair wrapping around the sides. I now buzz my head because the birds nest makes me look older than what I am, and because I have way too much dignity to wear a wig. It's much easier to gain weight than it is to loose it. My already sensitive skin is even more sensitive now. I hate to see what life has in store for me in the next 30 years.
Relax, it's all down hill. It just keeps getting worse. Sadcryface2

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-04-2012, 05:45 PM
When I noticed how exciting science, religion, debating, black comedy, politics, society and critical thinking was. When I noticed how boring other things were for example; sports and movies. I just see no value in watching a baseball game. We all know the outcome. Now I am babbling, It's like watching figure skating; I am just waiting for someone to but their ass.

"As Henry Dean, the great sage and eminent junkie would have put it, Flip-flop, hippety-hop, offa your rocker and over the top, lifes a fiction and the worlds a lie, so put on some Creedence and let's get high." - Eddie Dean
16-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Not to worry ya ole farts...help is on the way. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-04-2012, 07:42 PM
(16-04-2012 07:24 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Not to worry ya ole farts...help is on the way. Weeping

Yeah, fuck you too FullerNad, my testosterone's higher than yours young buck. Big Grin

[Image: cenegenics.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.