When Did you realize you were old.?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2012, 08:01 PM
RE: When Did you realize you were old.?
(16-04-2012 07:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [Yeah, fuck you too FullerNad, my testosterone's higher than yours young buck. Big Grin

Too bad it's all from the bottle in the medicine cabinet. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-04-2012, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2012 09:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-04-2012 08:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-04-2012 07:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [Yeah, fuck you too FullerNad, my testosterone's higher than yours young buck. Big Grin

Too bad it's all from the bottle in the medicine cabinet. Tongue

And that means exactly dick to my cellular uptake and upkeep. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
16-04-2012, 09:15 PM
(16-04-2012 04:40 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  Last year, when a twenty-year-old asked me out, and I realised I was seven years older than him Sadcryface
Today. When I realized Smoosh is only 27. Confused

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
16-04-2012, 09:19 PM
My son posted a bunch of pics on FB the other day. Some were of me in the 80s and 90s...so who the hell is that old broad I see in the mirror and every time I try to take a new pic of myself? Apparently OLD snuck right up on me and smacked me in the face. The rest of me hasn't changed much. I weigh the same as I did 30 years ago, but damn, the face is looking ancient. Weeping Weeping Weeping

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-04-2012, 09:25 PM
(16-04-2012 09:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My son posted a bunch of pics on FB the other day. Some were of me in the 80s and 90s...so who the hell is that old broad I see in the mirror and every time I try to take a new pic of myself? Apparently OLD snuck right up on me and smacked me in the face. The rest of me hasn't changed much. I weigh the same as I did 30 years ago, but damn, the face is looking ancient. Weeping Weeping Weeping

Pics or it don't count. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Will my HS graduation pic count? I just can't post the crunchy perm pictures.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-04-2012, 09:57 PM
I totally refuse to accept that I am Yes

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 3 users Like aurora's post
16-04-2012, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2012 10:29 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-04-2012 09:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Will my HS graduation pic count? I just can't post the crunchy perm pictures.

Your pics, your call. Thumbsup

(16-04-2012 09:57 PM)aurora Wrote:  I totally refuse to accept that I am Yes

yup, and it ain't got nothing to do with me being old. Wink

20-04-2012, 12:23 AM
I age like fine wine, life gets better and better! lol Just kidding, but that's how I feel. When I turned 25 I was miserable and thought my world was over (naive!). I turn 30 in a couple months and I am so excited. This is the secret I am going to go with, I am going to start telling people I am 3-5 years older than I actually am. That way, the reaction becomes, "Holy shit! You look good!" Ha ha. Just kidding, that's not just a white lie, it's more grey.

In all seriousness, I know age is a matter of perspective (My daughter was blown away that I'm from the 1900's, lol- that made me feel old when she said it like that!), but I honestly am choosing to embrace my aging. It's not an easy choice because everything in society screams to be young, but age should be a badge of honour. Also, I realize that pain is a difficult thing to deal with, it can make or break a person's feelings and outlook. My best friend, a couple years younger than I, died this year and it changed everything for me. We used to laugh about being old bitty's retired and on a beach one day, barring all and not caring because we'd have nothing to lose. But the youth, they have everything to lose. My friend already lost- so shouldn't I just be embracing this as a chance she never had? Freedom is in the mind. But what do I know, hopefully I'm not even passed the half point. Big Grin (suckas!)
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
20-04-2012, 12:59 AM
They say you're only as old as you feel, but that's really a depressing thought. I'm well past the half way point unless I set some kind of record.

One way you know you're old is when kids have nostalgia dress up days themed for decades which rightfully seem to belong in the future. 80's dress up day! Are you kidding me? For Christ's sake Orwell's "1984" was about the future. We swore we'd leave the country if an actor that got second billing to a chimp became president. (Didn't do it.)

Now I have students whose parents had been my students. I'm pretty sure I'm old. However my wife is ten years older so I'll always be the 'young one' .. well whatever "always" may be worth at our age.

[Image: rSJ3y4]