When Did you realize you were old.?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2012, 05:16 AM
RE: When Did you realize you were old.?
Another..geez you are old moment.

I have worn my hair fairly long for years. Starting last October I started going shorter...over about 4 months, I had 14 inches of hair cut off, the last cut going pretty short.

Asked my son what he thought of it and his response was..."It looks okay, I mean, you've had that hippie hair since, what, the 60s?"

Actually no, you little shit, would have been the 70s...geez. Weeping

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
20-04-2012, 06:06 AM
You guys need to turn this into a positive thread. Weeping How about telling us the GOOD things about getting a bit older ?

My mom got a birthday card that listed a few. One was : "kidnappers are no longer interested in you" ....

How about some more ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
20-04-2012, 08:30 AM
(20-04-2012 06:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You guys need to turn this into a positive thread. Weeping How about telling us the GOOD things about getting a bit older ?

My mom got a birthday card that listed a few. One was : "kidnappers are no longer interested in you" ....

How about some more ?
That is easy. Everything about getting older is better except for the bodily decay. You will have accumulated more experience and knowledge, and that will enhance everything you do. You'll know yourself better. If you're ever going to manage to become part of a good intimate relationship, you'll probably be in one; the perspective you gain on your own foibles will help you appreciate your partner with less resentment.

You will probably have more in the bank than you did starting out.

[Image: rSJ3y4]
20-04-2012, 10:44 PM
(10-04-2012 11:51 AM)justmetoo Wrote:  I remember not even thinking about it until the date I got the letter in the mail from A.A.R.P.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AARP

You could have knocked me over with a feather. I just stood there, wide eyeed and mouth gapping open in disbelief. Then I got angry and I'm sure if someone handed the letter to me, I'd have knocked them down.

I could have bent nails with my teeth. That set me off for the rest of the day until I saw my brother get the same letter. HEE HEE!
I am almost 28...yet feel old when I see my two small children running/walking at a speed in which makes me think they are mutants. Lol! Either that or that I need another cup of coffee just to keep up with them.

A man's greatest pitfall is none other than himself. For only he can dig himself a hole he cannot get out of.
21-04-2012, 10:39 AM
(20-04-2012 06:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You guys need to turn this into a positive thread. Weeping How about telling us the GOOD things about getting a bit older ?

How about some more ?

You pretty much stop giving a shit what anyone else thinks of you. ... Not sure that's necessarily a good thing, though.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-04-2012, 10:44 AM
When my prostrate felt like a baseball.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
[+] 2 users Like N.E.OhioAtheist's post
21-04-2012, 10:48 AM
(21-04-2012 10:39 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You pretty much stop giving a shit what anyone else thinks of you. ... Not sure that's necessarily a good thing, though.

That IS a good thing, and never been one of my problems. Maybe THAT is a problem ? Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
21-04-2012, 10:56 AM

How about some more ?
You get better at avoiding hangovers.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
21-04-2012, 04:46 PM
You appreciate things more. Such as five minutes of quiet. Lol and a cup of Java!

A man's greatest pitfall is none other than himself. For only he can dig himself a hole he cannot get out of.
[+] 2 users Like AnotherSinner's post
21-04-2012, 05:13 PM
(21-04-2012 04:46 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  You appreciate things more. Such as five minutes of quiet. Lol and a cup of Java!
And reading the same page of a book over and again like it's the first time you've read it. Thumbsup

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post