When Has Magic Ever Been Proven To Be The True Answer For Anything?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2014, 09:07 PM
When Has Magic Ever Been Proven To Be The True Answer For Anything?
With all the claims of miracles that happened by magic that creationists claim, I would like to know if a creationist can provide me with any situation where magic was proven to be the cause. Your book of fairy tales that you call the Bible is not proof, just as the Qur'an and it's fairy tales is not proof of magic being true either. I want to know a situation where magic was proven to be true. Something that people can test and say "Yep! That's definitely proven to be caused by magic! No doubt about it!"

With all of the theist trolls on this forum, there has got to be SOMEBODY that can answer my question, right?

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
23-03-2014, 09:08 PM
RE: When Has Magic Ever Been Proven To Be The True Answer For Anything?
(23-03-2014 09:07 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  With all the claims of miracles that happened by magic that creationists claim, I would like to know if a creationist can provide me with any situation where magic was proven to be the cause. Your book of fairy tales that you call the Bible is not proof, just as the Qur'an and it's fairy tales is not proof of magic being true either. I want to know a situation where magic was proven to be true. Something that people can test and say "Yep! That's definitely proven to be caused by magic! No doubt about it!"

Don't forget to tell them where to take the evidence!

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
23-03-2014, 10:46 PM
I think there's a direct proportion with the level of ignorance and the amount of miracles. The more ignorant someone (or a group) is, the more that unusual, natural events seem miraculous. Conversely, the greater your understanding of your environment/universe, the less that phenomena seem magical.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 3 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
23-03-2014, 11:45 PM
I have an agnostic friend who i'm continuously having to debunk "Woo" for.

And while I get through to him on individual issues, I'm not fixing the underlying problem of him going straight to a "Magic" when something seems unexplainable.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
24-03-2014, 12:16 AM
(23-03-2014 11:45 PM)sporehux Wrote:  I have an agnostic friend who i'm continuously having to debunk "Woo" for.

And while I get through to him on individual issues, I'm not fixing the underlying problem of him going straight to a "Magic" when something seems unexplainable.

Start making a log of these. It should look like..

Date.... Description of bunk.... His Explanation (magic!)... actual explanation.

After you've got about 20 of these show it to him and say, "Hey, going to 'magic' as a default has a TERRIBLE track record. How would you like something that works better?"

Friend lost, problem solved.
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
24-03-2014, 12:39 AM
(24-03-2014 12:16 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Friend lost, problem solved.

That is the problem, if I take away all their woo its like I'm stomping on their baby unicorns.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 3 users Like sporehux's post
24-03-2014, 12:45 AM
(24-03-2014 12:39 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 12:16 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Friend lost, problem solved.

That is the problem, if I take away all their woo its like I'm stomping on their baby unicorns.

I hear you. Impaled feet are just OW.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
24-03-2014, 03:43 AM
(23-03-2014 10:46 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  I think there's a direct proportion with the level of ignorance and the amount of miracles. The more ignorant someone (or a group) is, the more that unusual, natural events seem miraculous. Conversely, the greater your understanding of your environment/universe, the less that phenomena seem magical.

I would disagree with this statement (obviously) since even most of the members on this board have to admit that out of all the christian sects out there, Catholicism is on of the more reasonable, (we believe in science, evolution, big bang ect.) Yet I think the catholic church has one of the largest banks of recorded miracles out of any religious group.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
24-03-2014, 07:06 AM
(24-03-2014 03:43 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 10:46 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  I think there's a direct proportion with the level of ignorance and the amount of miracles. The more ignorant someone (or a group) is, the more that unusual, natural events seem miraculous. Conversely, the greater your understanding of your environment/universe, the less that phenomena seem magical.

I would disagree with this statement (obviously) since even most of the members on this board have to admit that out of all the christian sects out there, Catholicism is on of the more reasonable, (we believe in science, evolution, big bang ect.) Yet I think the catholic church has one of the largest banks of recorded miracles out of any religious group.

RBM

Au contraire. I admit nothing of the sort. Not remotely accurate.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
24-03-2014, 07:28 AM
(24-03-2014 03:43 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  

No, they just have the most PR. Historically the Catholic Church has fought against every scientific breakthrough until it became so overwhelming they were forced to concede. Case in Point AIDs in Africa and Contraceptives.

[Image: 20100919.gif]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post