When Has Magic Ever Been Proven To Be The True Answer For Anything?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2014, 08:09 AM
RE: When Has Magic Ever Been Proven To Be The True Answer For Anything?
(24-03-2014 07:28 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 03:43 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  I would disagree with this statement (obviously) since even most of the members on this board have to admit that out of all the christian sects out there, Catholicism is on of the more reasonable, (we believe in science, evolution, big bang ect.) Yet I think the catholic church has one of the largest banks of recorded miracles out of any religious group.

No, they just have the most PR. Historically the Catholic Church has fought against every scientific breakthrough until it became so overwhelming they were forced to concede. Case in Point AIDs in Africa and Contraceptives.

[Image: 20100919.gif]

This is starting to be one of our most re-posted images... Tongue

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-03-2014, 08:15 AM
(23-03-2014 09:07 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  With all the claims of miracles that happened by magic that creationists claim, I would like to know if a creationist can provide me with any situation where magic was proven to be the cause. Your book of fairy tales that you call the Bible is not proof, just as the Qur'an and it's fairy tales is not proof of magic being true either. I want to know a situation where magic was proven to be true. Something that people can test and say "Yep! That's definitely proven to be caused by magic! No doubt about it!"

With all of the theist trolls on this forum, there has got to be SOMEBODY that can answer my question, right?

[Image: religion-its-magic.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
24-03-2014, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2014 02:26 PM by IndianAtheist.)
(23-03-2014 09:07 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  With all the claims of miracles that happened by magic that creationists claim, I would like to know if a creationist can provide me with any situation where magic was proven to be the cause.
Well magic&supernatural shit is supposed to be a placeholder explanation for something unexplainable.
[Image: e3d.jpg]
Because its more comforting for idiots to have made up supernatural explanations rather than actually researching about what they do not know.
Quote:With all of the theist trolls on this forum, there has got to be SOMEBODY that can answer my question, right?
They will troll you yes but won't provide you with a legit argument because they don't have any.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
[+] 2 users Like IndianAtheist's post
24-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Magnets: how do they work?

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
24-03-2014, 02:11 PM
(23-03-2014 09:07 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  With all the claims of miracles that happened by magic that creationists claim, I would like to know if a creationist can provide me with any situation where magic was proven to be the cause. Your book of fairy tales that you call the Bible is not proof, just as the Qur'an and it's fairy tales is not proof of magic being true either. I want to know a situation where magic was proven to be true. Something that people can test and say "Yep! That's definitely proven to be caused by magic! No doubt about it!"

With all of the theist trolls on this forum, there has got to be SOMEBODY that can answer my question, right?
Well, there's ...uh...and then there was...um...

"Definitely proven to be caused by magic" you say?

Damn, your tests are hard!

Humans arrived on Earth on 22 October 4004 B.C. A few of us are still trying to repair the ship.
24-03-2014, 02:15 PM
[Image: e3d.jpg]
Why is this guy still on the air? You can't explain that.

Humans arrived on Earth on 22 October 4004 B.C. A few of us are still trying to repair the ship.
24-03-2014, 02:23 PM
(24-03-2014 08:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 07:28 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No, they just have the most PR. Historically the Catholic Church has fought against every scientific breakthrough until it became so overwhelming they were forced to concede. Case in Point AIDs in Africa and Contraceptives.

[Image: 20100919.gif]

This is starting to be one of our most re-posted images... Tongue

It fits so well in so many discussions!
24-03-2014, 02:25 PM
Clearly the OP has never seen Criss Angel.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-03-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm going with "never".

Yes, Regis, that's my final answer.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-03-2014, 06:16 PM
(24-03-2014 03:43 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  I would disagree with this statement (obviously) since even most of the members on this board have to admit that out of all the christian sects out there, Catholicism is on of the more reasonable, (we believe in science, evolution, big bang ect.) Yet I think the catholic church has one of the largest banks of recorded miracles out of any religious group.

Sorry, I don't find Catholicism to be reasonable. Sure, after decades they finally acquiesce to scientific fact, but they still cling to their polytheistic dogma, knowing all too well that revenue supersedes all else.
In all of their "largest banks of recorded miracles," I sincerely doubt that there is a single one that cannot be explained naturally. There is no magic. There is no supernatural.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]