When I encounter a pamphleteer

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-11-2015, 11:49 AM
Whenever I encounter a saved Christian, I do 3 things:

1. Point out they are not saved, since Jesus is not the original Greek pronunciation

2. Lure them into blaspheming against the Holy Spirit (which is an unforgivable sin)

3. Tell them to read Richard Carrier's "On the Historicity of Jesus"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2015, 12:04 PM
RE: When I encounter a pamphleteer
Huh! I just tell them that I'm an Illuminatus and they run away.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
05-11-2015, 02:00 PM
I just recruit undergroundp to help me teach them the "original Greek pronunciation", and then we're all saved and it's all good!

Hobo

P.S. What the hell does pronunciation have to do with any of this?
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
05-11-2015, 02:05 PM
(05-11-2015 02:00 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I just recruit undergroundp to help me teach them the "original Greek pronunciation", and then we're all saved and it's all good!

Hobo

Because some sects of christianity report you are saved by believing on the name of Jesus. If the name was mistranslated (I think it should be Yeshua, similar to Joshua) then everyone who has called on the name of Jesus to be saved has called on the wrong name, thereby damning them to hell since they believe the wrong deity. Dodgy

**Crickets** -- God
05-11-2015, 02:35 PM
I'm gonna get a t-shirt made - and I'll slip it on on Saturday mornings - when the Mormons go beating on doors......

a simple black T - with the following printed on front ----

"Will listen to religious dogma for oral sex"......

"Want to hear about Jesus" ??

YOU BETCHA!!!!

Wink wink, nudge nudge...................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
05-11-2015, 02:56 PM
(05-11-2015 02:05 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 02:00 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I just recruit undergroundp to help me teach them the "original Greek pronunciation", and then we're all saved and it's all good!

Hobo

Because some sects of christianity report you are saved by believing on the name of Jesus. If the name was mistranslated (I think it should be Yeshua, similar to Joshua) then everyone who has called on the name of Jesus to be saved has called on the wrong name, thereby damning them to hell since they believe the wrong deity. Dodgy

OK, that actually makes some sort of sense -- but wouldn't God cut you some slack on that sort of thing? I mean, you believe in the right guy -- so what if you pronounce his name wrong? It's the shibboleth all over again!
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
05-11-2015, 02:59 PM
(05-11-2015 02:56 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 02:05 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  Because some sects of christianity report you are saved by believing on the name of Jesus. If the name was mistranslated (I think it should be Yeshua, similar to Joshua) then everyone who has called on the name of Jesus to be saved has called on the wrong name, thereby damning them to hell since they believe the wrong deity. Dodgy

OK, that actually makes some sort of sense -- but wouldn't God cut you some slack on that sort of thing? I mean, you believe in the right guy -- so what if you pronounce his name wrong? It's the shibboleth all over again!

Lol you're talking about the same god who, to quote Dawkins: is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. This god is going to cut slack? Smile

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
05-11-2015, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2015 03:05 PM by enochian.)
The original and correct Greek pronunciation of Jesus is ee-ay-soos.

If you are not using that pronunciation, you are not saved.
05-11-2015, 03:10 PM
(05-11-2015 03:02 PM)enochian Wrote:  The original and correct Greek pronunciation of Jesus is ee-ay-soos.

If you are not using that pronunciation, you are not saved.

You mean "you are not salted".

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
05-11-2015, 03:15 PM
(05-11-2015 02:59 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 02:56 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  OK, that actually makes some sort of sense -- but wouldn't God cut you some slack on that sort of thing? I mean, you believe in the right guy -- so what if you pronounce his name wrong? It's the shibboleth all over again!

Lol you're talking about the same god who, to quote Dawkins: is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. This god is going to cut slack? Smile
Heh yeah I can see it for me.

- But I always believed in you.

- You didn't even care to remember my name, why should I even care to listen to you?

*BAM*

- Ouch is it me or is it getting hot. . . ARRRGHHH IT BURNS!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post