When I lost my faith

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2012, 03:38 AM
RE: When I lost my faith
(09-09-2012 01:43 AM)Leela Wrote:  Logica, I am not sure I understand your question but no, I am not looking for a reason to believe. I am very happy that I am out of that system. It wasn't alll butterflies and roses, most of the time I was afraid that <enter what you want>.
Also, I can easily state my ex-shit as well, but it is so rare that noone understands, so when I have a question it becomes a huge discussion where first of all I have lay a foundation so that people know what I am talking about. As seen here in this thread and the reincarnation topic.

Do you know what your reason or desire for believing it is, or is it some subliminal thing that you are still trying to find?
Ha, I would try my best to understand it.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2012, 12:05 PM
I am going to quote myself now:
(09-09-2012 01:43 AM)Leela Wrote:  ... no, I am not looking for a reason to believe. I am very happy that I am out of that system. It wasn't alll butterflies and roses, most of the time I was afraid that <enter what you want>.
I also mentioned before and several times before this thread, that I am out of it since years.
I feel no desire to believe at all, I just want answers on why my ex belief is not possible. I want people to debunk the shit out of it just like the Atheist Experience does it with Christianity. I want to listen to podcasts and see shows that debunk this stuff reasonably and not through hate speech or making fun of it. I want scientists who used to be believers in the same stuff to tell me why it is all so impossible, people who know the system, practices, belief, basics.

As I said, I am not believing anymore, I found no evidence that any of that stuff is true. But I also found no evidence that all off it is completely wrong either.
Not sure how many times you can say that something is a coinsidence. I have never prayed, but some things still seem odd to me, and I want answers from people who went through my faith or a VERY similar, like an ex-druid or an ex-wicca. That's people I would most like to talk to, but I haven't found any, yet.

I can give an example of one of the very odd things. If you have an explanation for it, tell me:
My first boyfriend and I were very close but he lived in Austria and I lived in Germany. We met as often as possible though. I did not know everything he did in advance, often we wouldn't have the time to talk before we had to leave the house (skype). So one day I was at work and around 2pm I felt a sharp pain in my heart and was suddenly out of breath. Nothing specific has happened, I haven't been scared, I was indeed pretty relaxed, standing in the garden with my group of kids (worked at a kindergarten at the time). But when I felt that I suddenly thought about my bf.
In the evening I asked him if anything happened? He asked why and I told him about that pain and so on from 2pm-ish. He told me that at the time he was on a hiking trip in the mountains with his parents and he nearly fell off the edge (there aren't fences everywhere, been there myself). I did not know that he would go on that trip, I thought he'd be at school because he didn't tell me he had a day off.
So how comes that I felt him being scared at the *exact* time when he was nearly falling off a mountain?

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2012, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2012 12:39 PM by Vosur.)
(09-09-2012 12:05 PM)Leela Wrote:  I feel no desire to believe at all, I just want answers on why my ex belief is not possible.
It's not possible because we don't have the slighest piece of evidence supporting your ex-belief.

(09-09-2012 12:05 PM)Leela Wrote:  As I said, I am not believing anymore, I found no evidence that any of that stuff is true. But I also found no evidence that all off it is completely wrong either.
That's because you can't disprove it. Just like you can't disprove god. But it's reasonable not to believe that it works if you have zero evidence for it.

(09-09-2012 12:05 PM)Leela Wrote:  So how comes that I felt him being scared at the *exact* time when he was nearly falling off a mountain?
a. Coincidence
b. Correlation does not imply/equal causation
c. That reminds me of Egor's precognition. What about all those moments when you felt sudden pain and nothing happened at the same time?
d. How'd you be able to determine that it was the exact same time? In your post you were talking about 'around 2pm' and '2pm-ish'.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
09-09-2012, 01:13 PM
a. i had many of such moments, where similar thing happened, not always pains. So when does coincidense end and when does the pattern start?
b. i have to look up what that means
c. That's a point that my hubby made too, but on another example. But no, I am a healthy person and have been back then. I did not feel this pain before or after.
d.I wrote 2pmish because That was 7 years ago and by now I don't remember the exact time anymore, but I remember that I was stunned at the fact that it was the exact same time.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2012, 01:46 PM
(09-09-2012 01:13 PM)Leela Wrote:  a. i had many of such moments, where similar thing happened, not always pains. So when does coincidense end and when does the pattern start?
b. i have to look up what that means
c. That's a point that my hubby made too, but on another example. But no, I am a healthy person and have been back then. I did not feel this pain before or after.
d.I wrote 2pmish because That was 7 years ago and by now I don't remember the exact time anymore, but I remember that I was stunned at the fact that it was the exact same time.

a) Think of the universe as a massive computer program with a near infinite algorithm. Things occur due to chance, numbers happen to match, it is bound to happen.
b) It means that simply because there are a few instances in which this feeling has occurred does not mean that this belief is in any way correct. In other words, coincidence isn't divine.
c) Simply because you are healthy does not mean that your nerves fabricate pain. If you are anxious, your more likely to develop symptoms of a cold, or feel aches in your body. That has been proven.
d) How do you know it as that it was the exact same time? The same nanosecond? It wasn't, I can assure you.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab