When I was a child...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2015, 08:47 AM
When I was a child...
When I was a child, I did things of a child. Now that I am a man, I do things of a man.

I thank those who gave me a welcome to the forum. Before I became a member my thinking on atheist was: “They are just normal people who do not believe in God.” As a writer I have been on many different types of forums. I never pretend to be who, or what I am not. I make an effort to be upfront with all people I come in contact with, and treat them as I would want to be treated.
The web is like an x-ray machine. People who pass across our computer screens reveal much of the truth, or fantasy’s that make them who they think they are. I leave with a different opinion then when I first posted on the forum. I have read many of the post. Some atheist seem to be hurt by religion, and that is understandable seeing what religion is. Some are just very nasty and carry no respect for others. A few appear as sound adults, yet they don’t seem bothered by the actions of their members who spew nothing but anger, hate, and child like dialogue? Most show they are intelligent, and well educated. Again, thank you for allowing me to spend this short time on your forum.

Domenic
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Domenic's post
05-05-2015, 08:49 AM
RE: When I was a child...
(05-05-2015 08:47 AM)Domenic Wrote:  When I was a child, I did things of a child. Now that I am a man, I do things of a man.

I thank those who gave me a welcome to the forum. Before I became a member my thinking on atheist was: “They are just normal people who do not believe in God.” As a writer I have been on many different types of forums. I never pretend to be who, or what I am not. I make an effort to be upfront with all people I come in contact with, and treat them as I would want to be treated.
The web is like an x-ray machine. People who pass across our computer screens reveal much of the truth, or fantasy’s that make them who they think they are. I leave with a different opinion then when I first posted on the forum. I have read many of the post. Some atheist seem to be hurt by religion, and that is understandable seeing what religion is. Some are just very nasty and carry no respect for others. A few appear as sound adults, yet they don’t seem bothered by the actions of their members who spew nothing but anger, hate, and child like dialogue? Most show they are intelligent, and well educated. Again, thank you for allowing me to spend this short time on your forum.

Domenic

[Image: article-2388042-1B462DA6000005DC-559_634x761.jpg]

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
05-05-2015, 08:50 AM
Free pro writer advice: fantasy -> fantasies

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
[+] 1 user Likes Alex K's post
05-05-2015, 08:51 AM
Aw. You don't wanna stay and play? Evil_monster

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
05-05-2015, 08:54 AM
You are kind to a fault, sir. Just a look at your reputation details shows how immature and clique-y users here can be lol.
05-05-2015, 09:01 AM
(05-05-2015 08:47 AM)Domenic Wrote:  Again, thank you for allowing me to spend this short time on your forum.

Domenic

You're welcome.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2015, 10:07 AM
Thank you for making it a short time. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
05-05-2015, 10:35 AM
Oh yay. A quote from the founder of Paulianity ... the religion Christians say they practice.
BTW, you probably haven't read any links provided to you. You haven't been here long enough to know anyone, yet, here we have "self-righteous (Superior/semonizing) church lady" going all "judgmental" on our asses.

Good riddance.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
05-05-2015, 10:52 AM
(05-05-2015 10:35 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh yay. A quote from the founder of Paulianity ... the religion Christians say they practice.
BTW, you probably haven't read any links provided to you. You haven't been here long enough to know anyone, yet, here we have "self-righteous (Superior/semonizing) church lady" going all "judgmental" on our asses.

Good riddance.

It's what comes out of a persons mouth that shows what's in their heart...we all put a judgment on our self. People who believe in God won't have anything happen to them that will happen to an atheist if there is no God. But, if those who believe in God are right, the atheist just might be in a world of hurt.
[+] 1 user Likes Domenic's post
05-05-2015, 11:05 AM
(05-05-2015 10:52 AM)Domenic Wrote:  
(05-05-2015 10:35 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh yay. A quote from the founder of Paulianity ... the religion Christians say they practice.

Good riddance.

It's what comes out of a persons mouth that shows what's in their heart...we all put a judgment on our self. People who believe in God won't have anything happen to them that will happen to an atheist if there is no God. But, if those who believe in God are right, the atheist just might be in a world of hurt.

chances are pretty good, you're wasting your life believing in something that simply isn't real. I hope one day you lose your belief in imaginary friends -- but I'm willing to bet, like a child needing to believe in Santa, you need to believe too. I'm actually good knowing there isn't a god. I'm not at all fussed by the idea there isn't one. I think religious people need to take a hard look at themselves and ask why it bothers them so much to be told god doesn't exist. If you're going to continue to believe anyway, what the hell do you care what anyone else says or thinks?

Whatever dude...I thought you were leaving?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post