When I was a child...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2015, 11:09 AM
RE: When I was a child...
Does it feel good to deliver a good spanking every now and then, Mom?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
05-05-2015, 11:12 AM
(05-05-2015 11:09 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Does it feel good to deliver a good spanking every now and then, Mom?

It does...

But you know me...I'm just a spanko...

Evil_monster

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-05-2015, 11:25 AM
(05-05-2015 10:52 AM)Domenic Wrote:  It's what comes out of a persons mouth that shows what's in their heart...

Sorry, but that simply is not true.
Look, you've been civil with your replies (considering the flack you are taking is commendable), but if you are going to take part in an Atheist forum & state that your interpretation of the Bible is the only true one with absolutely no evidence to back this up; you must understand that some people here have lost large parts of their lives due to religion (as you have acknowledged) or have devoted their lives to science, reason and learning.

Making such a bold (as everyone one of the countless religions and denominations) claim to be the true interpretation of gods message, needs to have substance to it, or to some this looks like plain old trolling.

I personally hope you stay and stand your ground on your beliefs (as many of us have done with our non-belief in real life)

Not because I agree with you, but because I am genuinely curious about the beliefs of others.

Just my tuppence worth. Drinking Beverage

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 3 users Like LostLegend's post
05-05-2015, 11:26 AM
(05-05-2015 08:47 AM)Domenic Wrote:  Again, thank you for allowing me to spend this short time on your forum.

Wait, you seem to imply you're leaving, but you keep posting. As long as you're still posting...

(05-05-2015 10:52 AM)Domenic Wrote:  People who believe in God won't have anything happen to them that will happen to an atheist if there is no God. But, if those who believe in God are right, the atheist just might be in a world of hurt.

What if you're worshiping the wrong god? What if the real god rewards rational thinking and punishes blind faith? We might actually be destined for eternal bliss.

That's the problem with Pascal's Wager. In lieu of brining any positive evidence for God to the table, it uses the possibility of God as a threat. The problem is, without any positive evidence, you can posit any god with the same amount of credibility (read: none).
05-05-2015, 11:33 AM
(05-05-2015 11:05 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-05-2015 10:52 AM)Domenic Wrote:  It's what comes out of a persons mouth that shows what's in their heart...we all put a judgment on our self. People who believe in God won't have anything happen to them that will happen to an atheist if there is no God. But, if those who believe in God are right, the atheist just might be in a world of hurt.

chances are pretty good, you're wasting your life believing in something that simply isn't real. I hope one day you lose your belief in imaginary friends -- but I'm willing to bet, like a child needing to believe in Santa, you need to believe too. I'm actually good knowing there isn't a god. I'm not at all fussed by the idea there isn't one. I think religious people need to take a hard look at themselves and ask why it bothers them so much to be told god doesn't exist. If you're going to continue to believe anyway, what the hell do you care what anyone else says or thinks?

Whatever dude...I thought you were leaving?

Back at you on," If you're going to continue to believe(as an atheist) anyway, what the hell do you care what anyone else (those who believe in God)says or thinks?

Yes I have left.
05-05-2015, 11:41 AM
(05-05-2015 11:33 AM)Domenic Wrote:  
(05-05-2015 11:05 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  chances are pretty good, you're wasting your life believing in something that simply isn't real. I hope one day you lose your belief in imaginary friends -- but I'm willing to bet, like a child needing to believe in Santa, you need to believe too. I'm actually good knowing there isn't a god. I'm not at all fussed by the idea there isn't one. I think religious people need to take a hard look at themselves and ask why it bothers them so much to be told god doesn't exist. If you're going to continue to believe anyway, what the hell do you care what anyone else says or thinks?

Back at you on," If you're going to continue to believe(as an atheist) anyway, what the hell do you care what anyone else (those who believe in God)says or thinks?

Yes I have left.

You don't seem to understand this is an Atheist forum. A place for atheists to gather. You are the one on the outside of this and you're the one who seemed genuinely fussed by the idea we don't accept god exists.

So far you keep saying you're leaving and haven't.

Shoo fly!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

05-05-2015, 11:43 AM
(05-05-2015 11:33 AM)Domenic Wrote:  Yes I have left.

Wait, what? Unsure

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 3 users Like LostLegend's post
05-05-2015, 11:51 AM
For an old dude you sure don't know much about getting along with others. Drinking Beverage

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
05-05-2015, 12:03 PM
(05-05-2015 11:33 AM)Domenic Wrote:  
(05-05-2015 11:05 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  chances are pretty good, you're wasting your life believing in something that simply isn't real. I hope one day you lose your belief in imaginary friends -- but I'm willing to bet, like a child needing to believe in Santa, you need to believe too. I'm actually good knowing there isn't a god. I'm not at all fussed by the idea there isn't one. I think religious people need to take a hard look at themselves and ask why it bothers them so much to be told god doesn't exist. If you're going to continue to believe anyway, what the hell do you care what anyone else says or thinks?

Yes I have left.

Atheism is not a "belief". Thanks for proving you have no clue what you're talking about. Atheism is the absence of belief.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-05-2015, 12:06 PM
(05-05-2015 10:52 AM)Domenic Wrote:  
(05-05-2015 10:35 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh yay. A quote from the founder of Paulianity ... the religion Christians say they practice.
BTW, you probably haven't read any links provided to you. You haven't been here long enough to know anyone, yet, here we have "self-righteous (Superior/semonizing) church lady" going all "judgmental" on our asses.

Good riddance.

It's what comes out of a persons mouth that shows what's in their heart...we all put a judgment on our self. People who believe in God won't have anything happen to them that will happen to an atheist if there is no God. But, if those who believe in God are right, the atheist just might be in a world of hurt.

Nope. Not all all. That's called "Pascal's Wager", and there are all kinds of reasons to lay aside delusional nonsense, and face reality. You will have to. Sooner or later. You have one life. Don't waste it on mythological crap.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.