When You Laugh At Some So Stupid Then It Becomes You're Reality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2017, 04:09 PM
When You Laugh At Some So Stupid Then It Becomes You're Reality
I was just surfing through youtube, watching random politic videos as I was bored and wanted something as white noise. So, here I am, laying on my bed reading through comments on a video talking about Authoritarianism. When one comment got me thinking.

Quote: Waiting for Trump to go full Roman Emperor on us and claim to be the son of a god.

I first thought to myself just how stupid that would be. But then, another thought intervened with that. I remember my half South Korean friend talk about how North Korea sees their ruler as a god. Then my thoughts shifted quickly to how the Republican party sees Donald Trump. And, then it ended on a very scary thought.

'Trump could do this, and people would accept it.'

Sounds pretty absurd at first, but the pattern lays out pretty well. They cover up many of his more stupider claims, tweets, comments, and policies with shit eating grins on their faces. Finding it so easy to lie and pretend things don't exist or haven't been said. The republican party is very good at turning off their brains when things being said that don't go in their favor are spoken, and very good at writing them in their memory so even they believe their delusions.

This spirals a chain of events, which is also how Trump even came into power *Insert meme of 'Stupid people in large numbers'*. And just how easily they can believe his lies and his claims, and pretend the things they hear him say that raise alarm weren't said at all or that he meant something different. Sure, those who can think for themselves and want to think for themselves can see just how stupid his 'Obama Wire Tapping' claim was. Yet Republicans believed him, and I live with two Republicans and they believed him whole heartily. I live in a Republican area, and they believed that claim also!

When I wanted a laugh at the comment, all I got was a sense of fear. Knowing that, Trump very well could make that claim and over half of the US or more would totally believe him to be the "Son of God'.

It's scary also to think that Trump could very well put himself to an Emperor or King even and Republicans would find a way to sweep that under the rug and fight Democrats and Neutrals who say it's 'Unconstitutional'. With claims that making him Emperor is a need in 'These times'.

Last part seems rather conspiracy theory type. But I'm not making a claim for the future, I'm just saying what the fears are in everyone possible. Most would laugh at this, yet take a look at major Republicans getting their info form Fox News. Sure that wouldn't happen?

Here we are laughing at how delusional people are in North Korea for thinking their leader to be God.

Yet, if our Leader claimed to be the same or the 'Son of God' majority who laugh at that would believe him in the drop of a hat.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2017, 06:35 PM
RE: When You Laugh At Some So Stupid Then It Becomes You're Reality
Some of us were concerned that Barry would become that leader, since he seemed to already believe in his god-like abilities. I fully expected an attempt to promote himself for a third term as the only person who could "heal" the country, "heal" the planet and give everybody want they wanted.

But, you were aware that the other half of the citizenry felt that way about our first half-white president, right? It certainly seemed apparent to many of us who watched and heard the orgasmic adoration of his fans, including the media. And...god-like, he continues to hang around promoting himself as the savior.

All presidents require a vigilant citizenry, but Barry was a special case, in my opinion. Don't you think that had Clinton won, he would have been right there to "help" her continue his so-called legacy?

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
07-07-2017, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2017 07:51 PM by evenheathen.)
(07-07-2017 06:35 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  Some of us were concerned that Barry would become that leader, since he seemed to already believe in his god-like abilities. I fully expected an attempt to promote himself for a third term as the only person who could "heal" the country, "heal" the planet and give everybody want they wanted.

But, you were aware that the other half of the citizenry felt that way about our first half-white president, right? It certainly seemed apparent to many of us who watched and heard the orgasmic adoration of his fans, including the media. And...god-like, he continues to hang around promoting himself as the savior.

All presidents require a vigilant citizenry, but Barry was a special case, in my opinion. Don't you think that had Clinton won, he would have been right there to "help" her continue his so-called legacy?

And that's exactly the kind of absurd bullshit rhetoric that put us in the position we are now with Trump. Jesus fucking tits, can we all calm the fuck down for a minute and try to have a rational take on reality?

Edit: Sorry to be so abrasive, it's been a long week and I'm sleep deprived, but come on.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
07-07-2017, 07:40 PM
(07-07-2017 06:35 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  Don't you think that had Clinton won, he would have been right there to "help" her continue his so-called legacy?

No. While I think Obama was rather ineffective as president and don't like many of the policies he maintained while in office, he is an adult and obviously very intelligent. He may have been willing to serve if asked he never came across as seeking personal glory.

He stands in stark contrast to the vain, childish fool that replaced him.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
07-07-2017, 07:47 PM
George W had billboards in some cities that had his smirking face and the words "Our Leader" about the time that the statutes of madman Hussein were being dragged down in Iraq and I almost expected some 50 ft statues of W to be installed outside of some cities in theUSA.
07-07-2017, 08:16 PM
(07-07-2017 07:47 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  George W had billboards in some cities that had his smirking face and the words "Our Leader" about the time that the statutes of madman Hussein were being dragged down in Iraq and I almost expected some 50 ft statues of W to be installed outside of some cities in theUSA.

Yep. George W. said he didn't think atheists should be considered citizens.

When I try to dissect when I figured out I was an atheist that was one of those defining moments in my personal history.

That Prick.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
07-07-2017, 08:18 PM
And by the way, I don't think Trump thinks he is the son of god. He thinks he IS god.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
07-07-2017, 09:06 PM
(07-07-2017 08:18 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  And by the way, I don't think Trump thinks he is the son of god. He thinks he IS god.

Careful, Girly has that slot taken. Big Grin But I will say that the Chump thinks he's the shit, that's for sure.
08-07-2017, 01:09 AM
(07-07-2017 04:09 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  I was just surfing through youtube, watching random politic videos as I was bored and wanted something as white noise. So, here I am, laying on my bed reading through comments on a video talking about Authoritarianism. When one comment got me thinking.

Quote: Waiting for Trump to go full Roman Emperor on us and claim to be the son of a god.

I first thought to myself just how stupid that would be. But then, another thought intervened with that. I remember my half South Korean friend talk about how North Korea sees their ruler as a god. Then my thoughts shifted quickly to how the Republican party sees Donald Trump. And, then it ended on a very scary thought.

'Trump could do this, and people would accept it.'

Sounds pretty absurd at first, but the pattern lays out pretty well. They cover up many of his more stupider claims, tweets, comments, and policies with shit eating grins on their faces. Finding it so easy to lie and pretend things don't exist or haven't been said. The republican party is very good at turning off their brains when things being said that don't go in their favor are spoken, and very good at writing them in their memory so even they believe their delusions.

This spirals a chain of events, which is also how Trump even came into power *Insert meme of 'Stupid people in large numbers'*. And just how easily they can believe his lies and his claims, and pretend the things they hear him say that raise alarm weren't said at all or that he meant something different. Sure, those who can think for themselves and want to think for themselves can see just how stupid his 'Obama Wire Tapping' claim was. Yet Republicans believed him, and I live with two Republicans and they believed him whole heartily. I live in a Republican area, and they believed that claim also!

When I wanted a laugh at the comment, all I got was a sense of fear. Knowing that, Trump very well could make that claim and over half of the US or more would totally believe him to be the "Son of God'.

It's scary also to think that Trump could very well put himself to an Emperor or King even and Republicans would find a way to sweep that under the rug and fight Democrats and Neutrals who say it's 'Unconstitutional'. With claims that making him Emperor is a need in 'These times'.

Last part seems rather conspiracy theory type. But I'm not making a claim for the future, I'm just saying what the fears are in everyone possible. Most would laugh at this, yet take a look at major Republicans getting their info form Fox News. Sure that wouldn't happen?

Here we are laughing at how delusional people are in North Korea for thinking their leader to be God.

Yet, if our Leader claimed to be the same or the 'Son of God' majority who laugh at that would believe him in the drop of a hat.

Apart from your fear you have something to back it up? Trump may be arrogant clown but it is a long way from this to claiming godhood. And while his supporters may agree with him unquestioningly in some or most issues it doesn't mean that they would accept Trump calling himself god or son of god.

There's also issue with North Koreans seeing Kim as a god - there is difference between them saying that and believing it. Genuine belief is possible but one has to remember that citizens of totalitarian states aren't exactly free to say what they think.

Lastly brainwashing in totalitarian country is no laughing matter.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
08-07-2017, 01:55 AM
(08-07-2017 01:09 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  There's also issue with North Koreans seeing Kim as a god - there is difference between them saying that and believing it. Genuine belief is possible but one has to remember that citizens of totalitarian states aren't exactly free to say what they think.

Lastly brainwashing in totalitarian country is no laughing matter.

I think these two paragraphs are more or less what OP is worried about in America. The Strong Man Who Protects His People.

Jeanne, your post about Obama... You know that he voluntarily stepped aside right? No one was in a better position than him, if he had wanted to cling to power. He's not said much post Trump being elected. He's not done much other than normal shit. Who's fault is it that the media follow him around? The one thing that is true is that he's a living reminder of how shit Trump is as a president, because every time he implements some new crappy policy, people will compare him to Obama unfavourably.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post