When You Laugh At Some So Stupid Then It Becomes You're Reality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2017, 08:50 AM
RE: When You Laugh At Some So Stupid Then It Becomes You're Reality
(08-07-2017 08:20 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  ...
And half the country thought it was a good idea to vote for Trump.

Don't let this become a thing.

It was less than half of the voting population.

Trump's vote was around 19% of the population of the country.

The sane are still in the majority.

Thumbsup

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
08-07-2017, 09:06 AM
(08-07-2017 08:50 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 08:20 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  ...
And half the country thought it was a good idea to vote for Trump.

Don't let this become a thing.

Thumbsup

That discounts those the majority of the population that did not vote, I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with them.

I don't know, is apathy a form of insanity?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
08-07-2017, 09:18 AM
(08-07-2017 08:31 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 01:55 AM)morondog Wrote:  Jeanne, your post about Obama... You know that he voluntarily stepped aside right? No one was in a better position than him, if he had wanted to cling to power. He's not said much post Trump being elected. He's not done much other than normal shit. Who's fault is it that the media follow him around? The one thing that is true is that he's a living reminder of how shit Trump is as a president, because every time he implements some new crappy policy, people will compare him to Obama unfavourably.

The president can only serve two consecutive terms. Obama did not "voluntarily step aside." The former president has always owed the sitting president his silence, as exemplified by George W. Bush's actions. Obama instead speaks as if he is still president, which weakens our current president's words and actions. His visit to foreign leaders during the first months of Trump's administration was not only in poor taste, but dangerous to the current administration and such action has, in our time, been considered inappropriate.

The other half is comparing Trump to Obama favorably. I just wanted to represent that part of our fellow citizenry.

I do not approve of fully with the Trump administration's agenda, but I do approve of much of it. And...there are many who are like me. There was hardly anything that the Obama administration did of which I approved and I certainly did not like the man in the least. Could not look at him and could not listen to his ridiculous speech pattern or the content of his speeches, yet I did.

Trump may be boorish at times, but I have more confidence in his intelligence than ever in Obama's. Except in the very beginning, when Time magazine did an article on Barry as a young Senator..and I thought, wow, maybe... But, no. The more I learned, the more I distrusted and that distrust came to be near hatred, which was discomforting.

We were a couple that sat in despair after the second election of Obama. There are more of us out here and those here who think we are idiots should know that. We come from all walks of life, all deity beliefs and none, all ethnicities, all educational backgrounds, and all political leanings.

There are idiots and rubes and ignorant people on each side. I do not assume that Obama worshippers are idiots and rubes...well, sometimes I do...but I assume that they do not have the same information that I have and/or they simply think about things in a different manner.

And...surprise, they think the same thing about me.

Your post was a whole lot of fear-mongering, about how Obama was gonna subvert the democratic process. I pointed out that he did not, in fact, do that. When I say that he voluntarily stepped aside what I meant was that power was peacefully transferred and he didn't interfere with that process, as he would have had ample opportunity to do. You who live in a first world country probably aren't aware of how amazing that actually is. And Trump is someone with no such scruples Wink

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-07-2017, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2017 09:41 AM by Szuchow.)
(08-07-2017 09:06 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 08:50 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Don't let this become a thing.

Thumbsup

That discounts those the majority of the population that did not vote, I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with them.

Maybe those who didn't vote thought that outcome would be shitty either way? Or their principles didn't allow them for voting on Trump or Clinton? Or they just don't give a damn. Also a possibility.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
08-07-2017, 09:42 AM
(08-07-2017 09:06 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 08:50 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Don't let this become a thing.

Thumbsup

A combination of:

Kris Kobach's success in purging voter registers. see Crosscheck
Successful gerrymandering (enabled by apathy at local levels)
Lack of oversight of the Voting Rights Act and mainly...

... because half the population are in prison or have a criminal record because they smoked a joint!

Wink

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
08-07-2017, 12:50 PM
(08-07-2017 08:31 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  Obama instead speaks as if he is still president, which weakens our current president's words and actions.

The thing that weakens Trumplethinskin's words and actions are that he is utterly unprepared and unqualified for the position. He hasn't got a clue what he is doing and his appointments are likely to do serious damage to the economy and the environment.

Quote:Could not look at [Obama] and could not listen to his ridiculous speech pattern or the content of his speeches, yet I did.

Yet you can listen to the incoherent ramblings of an idiot with the vocabulary of a six year old? Donny is an embarrassment every time he opens his mouth.

I do not count myself as an Obama "fan" in any way; I disagreed with much of what he did but he could be respected because he had obviously put a lot of careful consideration into his actions and demonstrated an understanding of the consequences. Donny doesn't even appear to know what the word "consequences" means and is nothing but a little boy playing at being a grown-up.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
08-07-2017, 02:58 PM
To the "half the country" wording; yes, I meant half of the voting citizenry, although that voting record is abysmal no matter who wins. Apathy...a sort of insanity, I will agree.

I have to wonder, though, about the sentiment of those who never vote and I would still submit that the country is fairly evenly divided over whether Obama or Trump best represent us.

The president is elected by the states, not by the popular vote. Trump won the majority of the states and the electoral college.

I haven't found Trump's official ramblings particularly offensive, which is much different from how I found Obama's official ramblings.

I remain cautiously optimistic, as opposed to decidedly depressed. Again...just to make you aware that many citizens support Trump partially and many more support him whole-heartedly.

And...no, Obama's usurping of the current president's representation of our country is inappropriate and may be dangerous. He should shut up and sit down. We cannot have him as a pseudo-president representing the country domestically or internationally.

I disagree with the assessment of Obama's careful calculations and of his intelligence. I did not vote for Trump, but his election win gives us a breathing time to crawl out of the morass that the country is in, thanks to progressives in both major parties.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
08-07-2017, 05:11 PM
(08-07-2017 01:09 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(07-07-2017 04:09 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  I was just surfing through youtube, watching random politic videos as I was bored and wanted something as white noise. So, here I am, laying on my bed reading through comments on a video talking about Authoritarianism. When one comment got me thinking.

I first thought to myself just how stupid that would be. But then, another thought intervened with that. I remember my half South Korean friend talk about how North Korea sees their ruler as a god. Then my thoughts shifted quickly to how the Republican party sees Donald Trump. And, then it ended on a very scary thought.

'Trump could do this, and people would accept it.'

Sounds pretty absurd at first, but the pattern lays out pretty well. They cover up many of his more stupider claims, tweets, comments, and policies with shit eating grins on their faces. Finding it so easy to lie and pretend things don't exist or haven't been said. The republican party is very good at turning off their brains when things being said that don't go in their favor are spoken, and very good at writing them in their memory so even they believe their delusions.

This spirals a chain of events, which is also how Trump even came into power *Insert meme of 'Stupid people in large numbers'*. And just how easily they can believe his lies and his claims, and pretend the things they hear him say that raise alarm weren't said at all or that he meant something different. Sure, those who can think for themselves and want to think for themselves can see just how stupid his 'Obama Wire Tapping' claim was. Yet Republicans believed him, and I live with two Republicans and they believed him whole heartily. I live in a Republican area, and they believed that claim also!

When I wanted a laugh at the comment, all I got was a sense of fear. Knowing that, Trump very well could make that claim and over half of the US or more would totally believe him to be the "Son of God'.

It's scary also to think that Trump could very well put himself to an Emperor or King even and Republicans would find a way to sweep that under the rug and fight Democrats and Neutrals who say it's 'Unconstitutional'. With claims that making him Emperor is a need in 'These times'.

Last part seems rather conspiracy theory type. But I'm not making a claim for the future, I'm just saying what the fears are in everyone possible. Most would laugh at this, yet take a look at major Republicans getting their info form Fox News. Sure that wouldn't happen?

Here we are laughing at how delusional people are in North Korea for thinking their leader to be God.

Yet, if our Leader claimed to be the same or the 'Son of God' majority who laugh at that would believe him in the drop of a hat.

Apart from your fear you have something to back it up? Trump may be arrogant clown but it is a long way from this to claiming godhood. And while his supporters may agree with him unquestioningly in some or most issues it doesn't mean that they would accept Trump calling himself god or son of god.

There's also issue with North Koreans seeing Kim as a god - there is difference between them saying that and believing it. Genuine belief is possible but one has to remember that citizens of totalitarian states aren't exactly free to say what they think.

Lastly brainwashing in totalitarian country is no laughing matter.

Of course it's no laughing matter, I agree with you. As for something to back it up, it's more so not like 'This is 100% going to happen' as it's more so a thought of what could happen.

As for evidence, for one thing people who voted for Trump have this mind set that he was 'Sent By God' at least the ones posted around, holding up the signs. These people are convinced that God sent this man to lead them back to him. That in itself is kind of uneasy.

It's no conspiracy theory as it's more so looking into the psych of these people who voted him in. And the fact that if Trump were to claim such an obscure statement of being the 'Son of God' there are people who would back him up, and try to get others to agree with such a statement. I know of a few in my area who would do such a thing.

Secondly, as something that I have noticed, these people quiet easily accept his lies already. And are trying to get others to believe them also. Luckily, there are still people who are sane enough to understand that Trump really isn't 'Sent by God' and is a heavy liar. Yet the people in power seem to think he's some sort of messiah already from what I have been reading on.

I don't think that Trump could become like a Totalitarian Ruler over night. But, with how easily people take his lies, there is a small chance in time he could.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
08-07-2017, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2017 05:20 PM by JesseB.)
I once laughed at a bald person.... now I'm developing male pattern baldness.... Oh fuck me.

Also... someone should compare the similarities between the president from the movie idiocracy and Donald J Trump.... Both had wrestling careers and severe cognitive development issues for starters.....

[Image: 721.jpg]

[Image: c60e189687ff2e001cdaa1b61ed81a91--its-fu...arious.jpg]

[Image: trump-idiocracy.jpg?w=538&h=538]

[Image: idiocracy-predicted-this-america-500-yea...054738.png]

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
08-07-2017, 07:26 PM
Oh shit...I forgot.

I AM totally insane!

At least I am different from those here, who are insane, but think I am more insane.

Diversity is very important...

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."