When You Laugh At Some So Stupid Then It Becomes You're Reality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2017, 07:50 PM
RE: When You Laugh At Some So Stupid Then It Becomes You're Reality
(08-07-2017 02:58 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  ...
progressives in both major parties. Laughat

I was going to do a long reply and then realised it was going a bit off-topic, but I have to say that the notion that either of the major parties contains progressives did make me chuckle.

Big Grin

Hey! Maybe that's exactly 'on topic' ... one can only hope.

Yes

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
09-07-2017, 12:50 AM
(08-07-2017 05:11 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  Of course it's no laughing matter, I agree with you. As for something to back it up, it's more so not like 'This is 100% going to happen' as it's more so a thought of what could happen.

Almost everything can happen, but there is no reason for considering all possibilities seriously.

Quote:As for evidence, for one thing people who voted for Trump have this mind set that he was 'Sent By God' at least the ones posted around, holding up the signs. These people are convinced that God sent this man to lead them back to him. That in itself is kind of uneasy.

How many people hold these signs? Also there is a far cry from believing that Trump is sent by god to believing that he is son of god.

Quote:It's no conspiracy theory as it's more so looking into the psych of these people who voted him in.

It's no conspiracy theory cause it does not try to explain past events by nonsense. It's just paper thin story - at least I see it as such.

Quote:And the fact that if Trump were to claim such an obscure statement of being the 'Son of God' there are people who would back him up, and try to get others to agree with such a statement. I know of a few in my area who would do such a thing.

Some weirdos might agree but wider population? Citation needed.

Quote:Secondly, as something that I have noticed, these people quiet easily accept his lies already. And are trying to get others to believe them also. Luckily, there are still people who are sane enough to understand that Trump really isn't 'Sent by God' and is a heavy liar.

Fact that some people allegedly believe that he was sent by god does not mean that people believe him if he tell that he is son of god.

Quote:Yet the people in power seem to think he's some sort of messiah already from what I have been reading on.

Citation needed. People in power in West Europe thinks him a clown. I can easily believe that some of USA man in high stations regard him positively but your messiah claim need to be documented.

Quote:I don't think that Trump could become like a Totalitarian Ruler over night. But, with how easily people take his lies, there is a small chance in time he could.

You don't become dictator over night.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
09-07-2017, 10:56 AM
(08-07-2017 07:50 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 02:58 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  ...
progressives in both major parties. Laughat

I was going to do a long reply and then realised it was going a bit off-topic, but I have to say that the notion that either of the major parties contains progressives did make me chuckle.

Big Grin

Hey! Maybe that's exactly 'on topic' ... one can only hope.

Yes

Well...for you that might be good news. For Conservatives of all sorts, that is not good news. Just because there is an R next to a name, does not a Conservative make.

If you don't recognize that fact, then it is because you aren't looking into the subject. But... why would anyone who agreed with Progressive/Liberal policies pay attention to Republicans, with whom they agree?

Thinking back on local elections during the Republican sweep...well, idiots voted for candidates with no experience and/or qualifications just because they had an R next to their name. Consequently, we lost many good public servants who were Dems. Our county voted in 6 out of 7 Republicans and they have behaved like Progressive/Liberals all around. Some were supported by the local Tea Party!

Heavy sigh...

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
13-07-2017, 03:15 PM
(07-07-2017 08:16 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  ... George W. said he didn't think atheists should be considered citizens. ...

Well, not quite. It was his father, George H.W., who is reputed to have said that, and I hated him for years because of it. However, if you google that quote, there is a fair amount of doubt as to whether he really said it. It apparently was "quoted" secondhand by an atheist with an axe to grind, and appears in no official transcript or anything -- so I have to take it with a grain of salt.

I'm still not a big fan of Bush Sr., but maybe he isn't quite so bad as I thought. And he was certainly a better President than his son.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
13-07-2017, 04:12 PM
In a hundred years historians will recognize the film Idiocracy as a documentary.

#sigh
13-07-2017, 05:04 PM
(13-07-2017 03:15 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(07-07-2017 08:16 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  ... George W. said he didn't think atheists should be considered citizens. ...

Well, not quite. It was his father, George H.W., who is reputed to have said that, and I hated him for years because of it. However, if you google that quote, there is a fair amount of doubt as to whether he really said it. It apparently was "quoted" secondhand by an atheist with an axe to grind, and appears in no official transcript or anything -- so I have to take it with a grain of salt.

I'm still not a big fan of Bush Sr., but maybe he isn't quite so bad as I thought. And he was certainly a better President than his son.

Having just spent some time trying to find it online, I stand corrected. Aren't false memories bizarre? I really feel like I remember hearing GW saying it with my own ears.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post