When a man loves Jesus...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2013, 03:44 AM
When a man loves Jesus...
Every time I stumble upon a video on youtube where a male is explaining his love to Jesus, I notice something remarkable about it. The way how they described this love, seems so strong, unconditional and truly heart-melting, but here's the thing: If I had no idea about religion whatsoever, I'd thought these dudes are talking about their bf's who they deeply love. Important to mention in this regard is that loving someone (regardless which orientation) is also pretty much about big emotions such as love, trust and loyalty. This is an aspect christianity (and other religions) dismiss and judge on, yet they get very emotional and devoted towards their religious icons, even more than some would be towards their partners. Now the question becomes, a man loving Jesus is right, another man loving his bf is wrong?

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like pxlgirl's post
08-02-2013, 03:56 AM
RE: When a man loves Jesus...
Well, Jebus WAS gay, ya know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbaF-ysDJmU
http://www.holyblasphemy.net/was-jesus-g...-marriage/
http://davidgmcafee.wordpress.com/2010/0...sexuality/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-02-2013, 03:56 AM
[Image: Jesus-Was-Not-A-Homophobe-Tee-Shirt-Offe...School.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
08-02-2013, 04:59 AM
(08-02-2013 03:44 AM)pxlgirl Wrote:  This is an aspect christianity (and other religions) dismiss and judge on, yet they get very emotional and devoted towards their religious icons, even more than some would be towards their partners. Now the question becomes, a man loving Jesus is right, another man loving his bf is wrong?
Quite the irony, isn't it. They will never see it that way though. To them, they see him as a "father-figure". This we dispute, of course.

Regards,
Lucius

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
08-02-2013, 05:50 AM
one word: bromance Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
08-02-2013, 06:51 AM
(08-02-2013 04:59 AM)Lucius Wrote:  Quite the irony, isn't it. They will never see it that way though. To them, they see him as a "father-figure". This we dispute, of course.
"Father figure"?? Now picture a 70 year old calling a young man in his 30's ... "daddy". Now here it gets a bit disturbing, he could be technically Jesus's grandfather.

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
08-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Some people say Jesus was real, some say Jesus was gay. I don't wanna disagree with anyone, so let's just say he was real gay.

Obama promised you change. Reach in your pocket, feel those coins? There's your change...
[+] 4 users Like DeathsNotoriousAngel's post
08-02-2013, 07:27 AM
He might have been gay, however, I wasn't referring to him, but rather to male believers who "love" him.

08-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Jesus hung out with 12 dudes, put 3 of them into positions of authority, and one of them was known by the name 'the one Jesus loved'. He had 2 fathers, and managed to stay single until age 30 in a culture that exalted marriage. Now I'm not saying Jesus was gay, but it is funny how quickly people try to prop him up in support of our 'traditional' 1 man, 1 woman, and 2.2 kids family unit...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
08-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Regarding everyone surrounding the Jesus character, Judas loved him the most. Just an observation. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post