Can't keep his mind on nothing else

He'll trade the world

For the good thing he's found

If he's bad he can't see it

He can do no wrong

Turn his back on his best friend

If he put him down

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like fstratzero's post
08-02-2013, 08:48 PM
RE: When a man loves Jesus...
I think it's at it's highest point when people profess their deep love for The Baby Jesus... that always adds a nice other level of borderline creepy to their religion.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
09-02-2013, 12:18 AM
(08-02-2013 07:43 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I heard this song in my head with altered lyrics

When a man loves a jesus
Can't keep his mind on nothing else
He'll trade the world
For the good thing he's found
If he's bad he can't see it
He can do no wrong
Turn his back on his best friend
If he put him down

Ha - me too!! Big Grin

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
09-02-2013, 12:50 AM
(08-02-2013 08:48 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I think it's at it's highest point when people profess their deep love for The Baby Jesus... that always adds a nice other level of borderline creepy to their religion.
I dare not to think any further about that one, it would get pretty nasty and definitely fuck up my day. So maybe I just stick with George Carlin's "child worshippers".

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes pxlgirl's post
09-02-2013, 03:51 AM
(08-02-2013 10:32 AM)kim Wrote:  Regarding everyone surrounding the Jesus character, Judas loved him the most. Just an observation. Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
09-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Even as a christian, I didn't understand the vehemence with which christians oppose homosexuality.\

I was speaking to a Catholic professor one afternoon a few years ago, and the topic of child molestation in the Church came up. The most passionate point he continued to emphasize? "But it doesn't mean that these priests are gay. They may have touched boys, but that doesn't mean they're gay." Even in light of a much greater, much more tangible evil, they view homosexuality as the more pressing issue. It's laughable.

Anyway, I think there's something to be said about people "letting Him in" and asking him to "come unto" them. Consider

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
09-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Gays and pedophiles are synonyms for many christians, and it makes me wanna vomit.

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
09-02-2013, 12:42 PM
(09-02-2013 03:51 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

[Image: offtopic-1.gif]
Mmmm, love this song soooo much (Jesus - not so much. Also, am not a man, so it doesn't matter one way or the other). Can also sing it very well, just right for my voice Angel

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
09-02-2013, 12:43 PM
(08-02-2013 03:44 AM)pxlgirl Wrote:  Every time I stumble upon a video on youtube where a male is explaining his love to Jesus, I notice something remarkable about it. The way how they described this love, seems so strong, unconditional and truly heart-melting, but here's the thing: If I had no idea about religion whatsoever, I'd thought these dudes are talking about their bf's who they deeply love. Important to mention in this regard is that loving someone (regardless which orientation) is also pretty much about big emotions such as love, trust and loyalty. This is an aspect christianity (and other religions) dismiss and judge on, yet they get very emotional and devoted towards their religious icons, even more than some would be towards their partners. Now the question becomes, a man loving Jesus is right, another man loving his bf is wrong?
The God Delusion touched on this aspect of Christianity just a bit. The way that Christians speak of Jesus is a way that anyone could speak about their lover. When Christians say that their belief isn't a religion but rather a relationship, my first thought is always, "that's so gay".

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
09-02-2013, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2013 01:14 PM by kim.)
(08-02-2013 10:32 AM)kim Wrote:  Regarding everyone surrounding the Jesus character, Judas loved him the most. Just an observation. Drinking Beverage

Judas wanted to keep Jesus safe - he thought he was cutting a deal, maybe he's get a little jail time - they could write letters. Maybe after his parole, they could go away together, buy a few goats, have a fine life, maybe adopt ... the point is - Judas saw the shit was escalating out of control and he just wanted it all to stop.

Judas loved Jesus as a man, not a god; he saw him as he truly was and still loved him. It was everyone else who wanted him to be a god and die for them, which is pretty selfish and lazy, quite frankly. Judas' love did not buy in to the surrounding delusions of grandeur... but maybe Jesus' love did. And maybe he didn't see that Jesus just wasn't all that into him but hey, love is often very blind. Or so I've heard. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post