When did America last win a war?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2016, 10:35 PM
RE: When did America last win a war?
(24-02-2016 06:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 08:37 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Figures. The one war that wasn't a "war."

"The wise general wins the battle without fighting." -- Sun Tzu

"Who the fuck ar... Ow! Argh!... Gurgle" - Sun Tzu

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2016, 04:12 AM
Oh, you!
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
25-02-2016, 09:27 AM
If that's your logic then nobody's ever won a war.

... this is my signature!
25-02-2016, 10:00 AM
Not in my lifetime (1947- ).

The problem seems to be that we can't admit it to ourselves. What good is the most powerful military in the world if a little shithole like Syria can freeze us into inaction?

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus (341-270B.C.E.)
25-02-2016, 10:24 PM
(25-02-2016 10:00 AM)larry-new Wrote:  Not in my lifetime (1947- ).

The problem seems to be that we can't admit it to ourselves. What good is the most powerful military in the world if a little shithole like Syria can freeze us into inaction?

It provides jobs in the defense sector, gives an outlet to poor young men whose energies might otherwise be used in an antisocial manner, develops high-tech stuff that you and I get to play with eventually, and provides nice budgetary black holes so that we cannot see where our money is wasted.

What's not to like?
26-02-2016, 02:19 AM
I have no idea why I began this thread. More than likely a post on youtube. I also have no memory of posting this thread. It is a mystery to me and I hope has not antagonised any of my US friends.

Cheers. D.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
26-02-2016, 02:27 AM
(26-02-2016 02:19 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I have no idea why I began this thread. More than likely a post on youtube. I also have no memory of posting this thread. It is a mystery to me and I hope has not antagonised any of my US friends.

Cheers. D.

Nah, all the other posts did that Tongue 'Sides nobody's afraid of Merkins Tongue

Bechased

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post