When did Eve die?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2015, 06:38 PM
When did Eve die?
This topic is to point out that, among other things, the Bible is rife with misogynist implications.

I'll start -

How old was Eve when she died? Where did she die? Who was there with her when she died? One would think that the very first female, a matriarch, would have been much better represented.

Feel free to list other examples of misogyny in the Bible.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2015, 07:43 PM
RE: When did Eve die?
[Image: eve11.jpg]

Eve is still alive and going strong Big Grin

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 6 users Like Rahn127's post
21-05-2015, 07:45 PM
(21-05-2015 06:38 PM)TheBear Wrote:  This topic is to point out that, among other things, the Bible is rife with misogynist implications.

I'll start -

How old was Eve when she died? Where did she die? Who was there with her when she died? One would think that the very first female, a matriarch, would have been much better represented.

She was sent away because of her period and then stoned for bitching about it.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
21-05-2015, 09:17 PM
I don't think Eve's death is ever mentioned, although Adam's lifespan is given in Genesis. From what I know of the story, Eve was expelled from the Eden along with Adam, had a few children (Cain, Abel, Seth, etc.), and not much is said about her after that.

I would presume that as the Genesis story evolved, Eve wasn't given as much importance as Adam because she's a female character. Adam's fate was focused on while the female character faded into the background.

Interesting topic; I had never realized this before Thumbsup

[Image: z555d8ccd8ce21.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Helen_Damnation's post
21-05-2015, 09:21 PM
I'm not at all sure she did die. Help me out Bucky or Mark or GwoG, any biblical references to Eve's death?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-05-2015, 09:26 PM
From my quick research there is no mention of Eve's death in the Bible. She just happened and was forgotten it seems.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
21-05-2015, 09:29 PM
Since she was a created woman, it would only make sense that she live until she is destroyed.

Cackles evilly

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
21-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Well back then women were not exactly as important as men so she was pretty much only used when the story needed her, the main focus was on Adam.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
21-05-2015, 09:37 PM
According to http://www.creatiomoments.com ...

After that, Adam "begot sons and daughters" [Genesis 5:3-4]. This same passage also tells us that Adam lived for 930 years [Genesis 5:5]. Therefore, according to Scripture, Adam and Eve's family consisted of sons Cain, Abel and Seth, plus a minimum of two other sons and two daughters, giving a total of seven children. However, accepting that Adam, and likely Eve, lived for 930 years, seven children would be the minimum number, but does this seem reasonable?
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
21-05-2015, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2015 09:52 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-05-2015 06:38 PM)TheBear Wrote:  This topic is to point out that, among other things, the Bible is rife with misogynist implications.

I'll start -

Deborah, the Judge. She was responsible for organizing the tribes into a Confederation, before the Kingdoms. She (not some mythical dude named Abraham) is the Mother of Israel.

Eve died about 30 years after they left the Garden. She snuck some weed out in her fig leaf and supported herself growing that and she also opened a stripper act at NBBC, "The No Belly Button Club".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post