When did this happen??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2015, 08:50 AM
When did this happen??
How is it, that some changes in life seem to sneak in over the transom, and we don’t really notice at the time?

A “for instance” - years ago I was talking with an older buddy - who said that when he was a kid, they recited the “Pledge of Allegiance” in school and one year when they came back from summer vacation - it had changed. It now had the McCarthy litmus test of “Under God” included to make sure that you weren’t some sort of “commie sympathizer”. He remembered being really confused about that wondering if he’d simply forgotten that the “Under God” part was there the previous year, or not. No explanation to the kids of course.

One that really bugs me – “Homeland Security”. When the hell did we get a “Homeland”? It sounds like something the Russians had during the cold war. I didn’t order one. I don’t recall anyone asking me if I approved of it. My congressman didn’t vote for it – but all of a sudden we’ve got one. AND - woe be to you if you don’t approve of it.

It’s sort of like those American Flag lapel pins that you see sprouting from every politican’s jacket lapel. All of a sudden, one day - they were part of the uniform - and you were in deep shit if you weren’t wearing one. I’d be in trouble because not only do I not own one, I don’t even know where to get one.

Lots of changes are good. Freeing slaves, giving women rights, repealing prohibition and your skivvies on at least a weekly basis.

It’s not that I oppose change. I just want to be consulted.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
16-02-2015, 09:16 AM
RE: When did this happen??
Anyone remember when Christians started to accept evil-lution? What year was that?

Now they are trying to make evil-lution and creation side by side. God had its experimental garden along side reality.
17-02-2015, 04:54 PM
Its all perspective..... and in a kids perspective, is easy for them to simply believe that they missed something. Thats why its important for kids to ask questions, and for us as adults to give honest answers.
17-02-2015, 05:03 PM
(16-02-2015 08:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  How is it, that some changes in life seem to sneak in over the transom, and we don’t really notice at the time?

Did you have this in mind?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
19-02-2015, 10:01 PM
(17-02-2015 05:03 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 08:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  How is it, that some changes in life seem to sneak in over the transom, and we don’t really notice at the time?

Did you have this in mind?

I find that online media window mildly amusing. Laugh out load