When did you last feel young?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2017, 08:04 PM
RE: When did you last feel young?
(11-05-2017 04:18 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Yoga keeps me feeling young every day--it makes me feel like a little kid since it annihilates the stress of adult life. It also keeps me in good shape physically. I also think I have an adventurous spirit to begin with, and I love to laugh and have fun. I hope that never changes.

Yes yoga! Dancing makes me feel like I'm 12, especially when I dance with a banana in my hand! wink wink, nod nod. Banana_zorro

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-05-2017, 10:58 PM
I'm feeling younger every day with this weight loss and exercise. So many things have opened up for me. Skydiving, ziplining, anything where a weight restriction held me back. I love to play frisbee, and now I will be out jumping around like a goon again. I used to play tennis. I can see playing tennis again. I like clambering around on rocks. That's going to be easier.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
11-05-2017, 11:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2017 11:59 PM by JesseB.)
I've never thought of myself as young, nor have I ever felt particularly young. I don't really feel old either. I'm not sure what people mean when they say these things except that older people feel more pain, but... well I've been in pain since as long as I can remember, It doesn't really get worse or better by much. Just kinda is.

Like how do you "feel" young? This concept makes no sense to me.

When I was a kid I was pretty sure I had a fully developed mind fairly early on, I could remember lots of things I thought and frustration at not yet having the words to express my thoughts well. When I finally learned enough words (through constant obsessive reading since like the 2nd grade?), I was frustrated because almost no one understood me. I now know it's because the people I was around back then were low IQ idiots, they still struggle to understand ANYTHING I say. If you wanna know what I'm talking about go read pretty much any exchange any of us have with a theist on these forums. Yea their that kinda stupid, no communication is possible, I've tried everything I can imagine. In the end they simply aren't capable of understanding things I would think a 3 year old could easily understand (clearly my idea of what a 3 year old is capable of is likely over estimating what most people are like at 3 years old lol... BUT seeing as I only have my own mind as a frame of reference it's really hard to relate, it's just too foreign a concept to me to be like they are. I have tried though as learning how to at least pretend to be like them would be highly advantageous, either that or getting far the fuck away from people like that).

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
12-05-2017, 01:41 AM
(11-05-2017 03:52 PM)Leerob Wrote:  When I play computer games sometimes. Kind of living out what I missed when I was young in years.

Leerob,

Yes, computer games do it for me too. Smile I like 'sandbox' games where I can run all over the place while lazing on the sofa.

D.
12-05-2017, 01:46 AM
(11-05-2017 04:41 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Yabut, those long rides cost me more than they used to. A few weeks ago, I did a 40-mile hilly ride on Saturday morning, and basically slept for the rest of the weekend!

Laugh out load

Grasshopper,

If that's mountain biking I'm with you. Just bought some Saris Bones to get the bike to fresh fields, so to speak. Sleeping? Teens do it all the time. Tongue

D.
12-05-2017, 02:58 AM
Any time I get to hang with my best bud.

When we get to hang out (which unfortunately is only a few times a year), we have a good laugh and act like we did back then. Drinking and talking complete rubbish, like the rest of the world doesn't exist.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
12-05-2017, 06:02 AM
The last year that I felt I was able to do anything that I wanted to do, I was 59. Ever since then, it seems that a little bit has slipped every year.

As for the last time I felt young; it happens every time my grand baby and I get slobbery giggling over each other. That would be last evening. I am so fortunate that all my family lives right here on the farm and he lives with his parents in the same big house that we are in the process of dividing into separate dwellings.

Grandchildren keep you young.

But...I agree with another who posted that any time he gets intensely involved with a project of any sort, he feels ageless. I feel young when I debate online. It keeps my mind from turning completely to oatmeal mush.

I feel young when we plant in the Spring and when we harvest in the Autumn and when we close the house up for Winter and when I body surf in the ocean.

I feel young when I am still in the evening and listen to the sound of nature. Okay...that's a little bit too gag-me-with-a-spoon. Sorry.

-Jeanne

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
12-05-2017, 06:16 AM
The day before this permanent backpain started, the kinda pain i always told my friends "why do all thos old people have backpain?" Sadcryface

The day before i realized that i cant do some soldeing work anymore without a magnifying glass, work i could easily do 10-20y ago. Weeping

The day before i started doing those "ahh" and "uhh" noises every time i sit down or stand up, and when people around me are asking if i am doing this on purpose to troll them. Blush

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
12-05-2017, 06:55 AM
(12-05-2017 06:16 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  The day before this permanent backpain started, the kinda pain i always told my friends "why do all thos old people have backpain?" Sadcryface

The day before i realized that i cant do some soldeing work anymore without a magnifying glass, work i could easily do 10-20y ago. Weeping

The day before i started doing those "ahh" and "uhh" noises every time i sit down or stand up, and when people around me are asking if i am doing this on purpose to troll them. Blush

You might want to look into therapeutic yoga. It might give you some relief.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
12-05-2017, 07:00 AM
I'm 46 but still "feel" like I'm in my 20's although my body doesn't agree with me sometimes. Strapping on 90lbs of FF gear and walking 10 flights of stairs only to find out that it is a false fire alarm sucks and my body lets me know it. I'm still in great shape for my age but the aches and pains are there.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.