When did you last feel young?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2017, 07:03 AM
RE: When did you last feel young?
Last fall my SO and I were in Europe, spending all day walking, taking buses and subways, enjoying espresso (real ones, not the Nescafe ones) and baguettes and seriously sumptuous food, and spending most of the night bonking. We were giddy. Felt like teenagers, with stamina to match.

It was an awesome feeling. We hope to get it back.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2017, 07:12 AM
B.C.

Before Children.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
12-05-2017, 08:21 AM
(12-05-2017 06:16 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  The day before i started doing those "ahh" and "uhh" noises every time i sit down or stand up, and when people around me are asking if i am doing this on purpose to troll them. Blush

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

I do this all the time, but only when there are other people around, so yeah, I guess I'm trolling them.

Laugh out load
13-05-2017, 06:36 AM
(12-05-2017 08:21 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(12-05-2017 06:16 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  The day before i started doing those "ahh" and "uhh" noises every time i sit down or stand up, and when people around me are asking if i am doing this on purpose to troll them. Blush

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

I do this all the time, but only when there are other people around, so yeah, I guess I'm trolling them.

Laugh out load

Oh...this is funny! The adults in our family do this so much that the first grandchild started making these sounds upon getting up and down when she began verbalizing.

You don't have to be old to add noise to your movements.

Here is an additional question; when you imagine yourself, that is, when you think of yourself...what is the image in your mind?

I picture myself in my mind as 18 and lithe and blonde. And...that just ain't so anymore. I am often surprised by the woman looking back at me in store mirrors or windows!

On the other hand, when making love, it helps to think of yourself and your mate as the 18 year old you fell in love with.

Yup...that keeps me feeling young, too.

-Jeanne

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
13-05-2017, 06:45 AM
(13-05-2017 06:36 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  Here is an additional question; when you imagine yourself, that is, when you think of yourself...what is the image in your mind?

I picture myself in my mind as 18 and lithe and blonde. And...that just ain't so anymore. I am often surprised by the woman looking back at me in store mirrors or windows!

Ain't that the truth! With my 60th birthday coming up fast I have to stay I am startled at times at my reflection in the mirror...who is that person...I can't be nearly 60. Sadcryface

A couple people at work have said to me, "You are such a teenager." because I curl up in my chair and will sit on the floor if I have a lot of paperwork to sort through instead of going to the conference room table. They say they wouldn't be able to get back up off the floor without help and if they sat in their chairs like I do they wouldn't be able to unfold their legs and walk.

I have to say it feels kind of good when they tell me I move/sit like a teenager. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
13-05-2017, 12:54 PM
In my mind I still feel young, but these days if I see money on the ground and it's less than EUR 5.00, I wont bend down to pick it up. It's not worth the pain. Tongue. Me old knees are fucked. As a kid I was mad about birds and I still am. This time of the year, when I'm walking in the park, is when I revert back to my younger days and look for nests. If I see a certain bush that would look good for a greenfinches nest I have to clamber into the bush to check it out. It's when I exit the bush that can be an issue. A young family out for a leisurely stroll can get a shock at seeing me appear out of a bush. They'll up their pace and look around with a worried look as they rush off down the path.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 4 users Like Marozz's post
14-05-2017, 06:55 PM
Argh, I was born an old soul. I'm not sure I EVER felt young. My wife says sometimes I carry life around like a sack of shit ;-) Doesn't help that the bod was ravaged by Lyme disease for a long time, and has residual joint damage from that plus the usual sort of arthritic pain that comes with being in one's sixties.

That said, I have learned to appreciate that I am capable of shoveling snow and taking long walks, and walking out of a four hour flight on a plane without looking like a 90 year old ... which along with an almost constant low-grade fever was my adult life from about age 25 to 45.

I have learned to live more in the moment.

I've learned to let a shitload of stuff go. Not that I had much choice.

I've learned not to expect too much, care too much or try too hard.

And for some inexplicable reason I have a profession that I still find interesting and challenging after all these years, and which pays me well enough to live debt-free.

I wouldn't wish most other aspects of my life on my worst enemy, frankly, but it's hard, after being born into the wealthiest and most technologically advanced civilization in human history, into a stable, loving and ultimately intact family of origin, that my mostly first-world problems, none of which arose from war or famine or pestilence or abuse, entitle me to be bitter.

So, no, I don't feel young, mostly don't know what that would even feel like, but I feel reasonably fortunate just the same. And I rather prefer feeling the competence, wisdom and experience of advancing age than feeling the bafflement, confusion and shock of reality intruding on the religious illusions of my salad days.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post
14-05-2017, 08:10 PM
When did I last feel young?

About 8 years ago when I bench pressed 345 pounds.

I feel old and busted up now.
15-05-2017, 06:16 AM
[Image: myJ8Ndi.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 8 users Like yakherder's post
15-05-2017, 09:32 AM
I'm young so feels matter not but about year ago I was asked for ID while buying beer. Never I felt younger.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post