When do you put the dog down?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: When do you put the dog down?
(09-10-2015 06:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 06:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Now.

Rosie is down.

Sad for your loss. It's heartbreaking to have to make that decision.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2015, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 07:01 PM by Dom.)
(09-10-2015 06:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So there's a couple dozen beagle rescues in my house and one of them is 18 yo with cancer fucking everywhere. ManlyGirl says, "Her breathing is laboured. And she is in distress. Time to do this." ....

When do you put a dog down?

It's never easy. But there is no point in suffering. Postponing this is almost always to make the owner feel better, not the dog.

Sorry this happened, and thank you and Manly for caring enough to help the poor dog out.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-10-2015, 07:02 PM
(09-10-2015 06:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 06:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So there's a couple dozen beagle rescues in my house and one of them is 18 yo with cancer fucking everywhere. ManlyGirl says, "Her breathing is laboured. And she is in distress. Time to do this." ....

When do you put a dog down?

Now.

Crazy shit was rest of the pack knew they would never see Rosie again and formed a collective pact memory. .

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
09-10-2015, 07:03 PM
(09-10-2015 07:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 06:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  Now.

Crazy shit was rest of the pack knew they would never see Rosie again and formed a collective pact memory. .

How did they do that?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-10-2015, 07:05 PM
Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-10-2015, 07:05 PM
(09-10-2015 07:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 07:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Crazy shit was rest of the pack knew they would never see Rosie again and formed a collective pact memory. .

How did they do that?

I have no fucking idea. They are smarter than we think.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
09-10-2015, 07:06 PM
(09-10-2015 07:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  They are smarter than we think.

I definitely agree.

09-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Sorry for your loss, guy. I know how it feels. My wife & I lost a puppy a few years back ... a disk in her back blew out and made her lame and she was in terrible pain. No real fix and likely to happen again even if we could find $20K for the surgery and therapy. She was the cutest little Puggle ... apparently it is a fairly common problem with the breed. My wife and I took weeks to get over it. After a fashion. Still bothers us now & then. It does get better though.

Whether it's a pet or a person, at least they are beyond the reach of suffering. I've lost people to terrible diseases too. Beyond a certain point it is just selfish not to let them go. You did the right thing.
09-10-2015, 07:14 PM
(09-10-2015 07:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 07:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Crazy shit was rest of the pack knew they would never see Rosie again and formed a collective pact memory. .

How did they do that?

They all collected at the gate leading to the front door. They knew Rosie wasn't coming back.

09-10-2015, 07:16 PM
sending you Heart and hugs.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller