When does a human become a human? (Abortion)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2017, 03:24 PM
RE: When does a human become a human? (Abortion)
(22-02-2017 07:59 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
Quote:Seems you would be happy banning Muslims and Mexicans into your country. (or people with Muslim names)

No, I'm perfectly fine accepting immigrants that will hold similar values
So would you propose a values test. Find out if they hold Christian Republican values or atheist Democrat values, and only let in the ones that have the same political leanings as yourself?

Me, I'm all for diversity. I love that people have different values. What I oppose though is when people want to force their values on others, want their country to have aligned values. Those people are against diversity, and freedom and are for control. They live in fear and disrespect of others.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2017, 03:42 PM
RE: When does a human become a human? (Abortion)
(22-02-2017 03:24 PM)Stevil Wrote:  So would you propose a values test. Find out if they hold Christian Republican values or atheist Democrat values, and only let in the ones that have the same political leanings as yourself?

I don't have to propose a values test, we already conduct such test. When you apply for something like citizenship, you have to fidelity to American values, uphold the constitution etc... forgo allegiance to any other nation, not be part of a militia, etc...

Immigrants, particularly the sort of brain drain immigrants we tend to import tend to share similar values, more on the conservative than liberal perspective in my experience. Plus it helps shift the balance of power from whites, to non-whites such as myself. So my main concern is that they're the sort deemed to be successful in the country, contribute to economic well being, professionals, folks with needed technical skills etc...family and community oriented, etc... As long as we're selective in this regard, for the most part everything else just comes with it.

Quote:Me, I'm all for diversity. I love that people have different values.

I'm all for diversity too, because without that I'd have far fewer ethnic restaurants and that would be a travesty. I'm all for any form of diversity that contribute to myself, my family, and community, and I'm opposed to any sort of diversity that's problematic or in conflict with that.

Quote:What I oppose though is when people want to force their values on others, want their country to have aligned values. Those people are against diversity, and freedom and are for control. They live in fear and disrespect of others.

You can oppose whatever you want, but as long as I conduct myself within the legal realm, enforce my powers legally through the democratic process, by building communities, encouraging such communities to vote, etc.. and hold the majority view, there isn't much you can do about it, other than live in a society that folks like myself shape and dictate through the ballot box.

If you and other like you oppose this, don't like it, it doesn't matter, all that matter is that I like it. You like what you want, I like what I want, and if we live in the same country, it's only a matter of who holds that balance of power.

As much you might love diversity, perhaps you wouldn't like folks like myself to be a part of your society, particularly if it shifts the balance of power towards folks like me.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply