When in Rome, DON'T DO THIS!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2015, 04:50 AM
When in Rome, DON'T DO THIS!
A couple of sharp tool ladies said they didn't think it was that serious carving their initials into the COLOSSEUM! Yea, that is bad enough but they were also sharp enough to take a selfie! Come on Californians, you can represent better than this when overseas.

http://nypost.com/2015/03/08/american-to...ok-selfie/

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
09-03-2015, 04:52 AM
RE: When in Rome, DON'T DO THIS!
Nuclear facepalm....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
09-03-2015, 05:18 AM
That would be like saying "What's the big deal if we carve our initials into Tut's mask?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
09-03-2015, 05:20 AM
It makes Ozzy Osbourne pissing on the Alamo seem pretty twitchy in comparison....

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-03-2015, 05:31 AM
Who says you can't diagnose mental retardation over the Internet? >_>

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
09-03-2015, 05:43 AM
(09-03-2015 05:20 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It makes Ozzy Osbourne pissing on the Alamo seem pretty twitchy in comparison....

Smile

That was more about honor and image, that would be more about public exposure than damage. Still not the thing to do in any case. If it isn't your property, or if it is public property, especially historical property don't be a dick.

As much as I hate the powers of the Middle East, climate of the majority of power, I would think about damaging Mecca, or even any historical American Church. You can hate superstition and bad logic, but if it is part of human history it still is important to preserve.

That is the type of crap the Taliban or Isis does.

[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
09-03-2015, 06:04 AM
Oh I don't think Ozzie was malicious about it...

Just skunk fucking drunk.....

09-03-2015, 06:10 AM
(09-03-2015 06:04 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Oh I don't think Ozzie was malicious about it...

Just skunk fucking drunk.....

If I remember correctly, didn't he do that on a dare? Yes he was drunk.

09-03-2015, 06:32 AM
Not gonna lie, I would love to carve my initials into the Colosseum.

[Image: oscar.png]
09-03-2015, 07:13 AM
(09-03-2015 06:32 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Not gonna lie, I would love to carve my initials into the Colosseum.

Then that would make you a dick. If you want a monument to yourself fine, do it with your own property. I used to do stupid shit like that as a teen, and if I had been caught I would have deserved every punishment.

It also means you don't value Sagan's Pale Blue Dot speech.