When in texas look behind you.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2014, 06:45 AM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2014 07:17 AM by Brian37.)
When in texas look behind you.
And I hate that that state is the template for our national school textbook standards.

http://www.thinkatheist.com/profiles/blo...st%3A44493

Someone just informed me this is an old story. But even today you have theists denying science.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
28-12-2014, 07:01 AM
RE: When in texas look behind you.
Assuming this article is a faithful record of what was said, what other response could have been expected?

After all, simply state in passing to a fundie that the moon reflects the sun's light and most will ignore the comment. Deliberately mention it in the context of Genesis anywhere outside NYC or SF and you take your life in your hands.

Not that I don't admire Nye for this: indeed I applaud him. Further, I'm sure he set out specifically to out the nutters and make the rest reflect on how far they still have to go.

Good job!

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply