When is Self Defense Justified?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2016, 11:25 PM
When is Self Defense Justified?
When one is attacked.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2016, 11:47 PM
RE: When is Self Defense Justified?
(09-12-2016 01:56 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I think self-defense is warranted if someone is trying to do you or your loved ones physical harm. I'm vegan but I would have no problem killing someone (and certainly would not hesitate) if they tried to harm me or my family.

Sorry but what does being a vegan have to do with self defense?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
10-12-2016, 12:01 AM
(09-12-2016 11:47 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 01:56 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I think self-defense is warranted if someone is trying to do you or your loved ones physical harm. I'm vegan but I would have no problem killing someone (and certainly would not hesitate) if they tried to harm me or my family.

Sorry but what does being a vegan have to do with self defense?

Some people think that because you're a vegan you're a hippie and stereotype you that you don't harm anything for any reason ever. When I have had convos with people irl at various times in my life, they are surprised that I'm vegan AND am learning Krav Maga AND believe in owning a firearm.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
10-12-2016, 12:04 AM
(10-12-2016 12:01 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 11:47 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Sorry but what does being a vegan have to do with self defense?

Some people think that because you're a vegan you're a hippie and stereotype you that you don't harm anything for any reason ever. When I have had convos with people irl at various times in my life, they are surprised that I'm vegan AND am learning Krav Maga AND believe in owning a firearm.

Ah, I was gonna say, being against violence in general is pacifism but that makes sense.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
10-12-2016, 06:17 AM
How does it work in some these *stand your ground states*? I always get the impression that it applies to the last man standing. That if you are killed, your actions cannot be considered through this prism.

To use a famous example, if Trayvon Martin successfully kills George Zimmerman, he could use this same law to walk. To enjoy its benefit, you have to survive the encounter. Is that correct?

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
10-12-2016, 07:25 AM
(10-12-2016 06:17 AM)tomilay Wrote:  How does it work in some these *stand your ground states*? I always get the impression that it applies to the last man standing. That if you are killed, your actions cannot be considered through this prism.

To use a famous example, if Trayvon Martin successfully kills George Zimmerman, he could use this same law to walk. To enjoy its benefit, you have to survive the encounter. Is that correct?

I think it just means that they have to be in fear for their life or something unmeasureable like that. Trayvon Martin was black so jury agreed Zimmerman feared for his life. Simple as that. Had Trayvon Martin survived and Zimmerman died the jury would not have believed that Trayvon Martin feared for his life. It's a law designed to protect white men when they kill the darkies.

#sigh
10-12-2016, 09:55 AM
(10-12-2016 07:25 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 06:17 AM)tomilay Wrote:  How does it work in some these *stand your ground states*? I always get the impression that it applies to the last man standing. That if you are killed, your actions cannot be considered through this prism.

I think it just means that they have to be in fear for their life or something unmeasureable like that. Trayvon Martin was black so jury agreed Zimmerman feared for his life. Simple as that. Had Trayvon Martin survived and Zimmerman died the jury would not have believed that Trayvon Martin feared for his life. It's a law designed to protect white men when they kill the darkies.

How fucking wrong can you get it?????????

George Zimmerman feared for his life -- when Trayvon was straddling Zimmerman's body - beating Zimmerman's face!!

At that point, I doubt race had ANYTHING to do with it...

Fuck Trayvon.....

He wasn't the innocent that the anti-gun left would like to pretend.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-12-2016, 09:57 AM
(10-12-2016 09:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 07:25 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think it just means that they have to be in fear for their life or something unmeasureable like that. Trayvon Martin was black so jury agreed Zimmerman feared for his life. Simple as that. Had Trayvon Martin survived and Zimmerman died the jury would not have believed that Trayvon Martin feared for his life. It's a law designed to protect white men when they kill the darkies.

How fucking wrong can you get it?????????

George Zimmerman feared for his life -- when Trayvon was straddling Zimmerman's body - beating Zimmerman's face!!

Fuck Trayvon.....

Sorry about that you big ol' galoot. Sometimes I just like poking the pig with a stick. Big Grin

#sigh
10-12-2016, 09:58 AM

"Stand your ground" -- means you don't have to try to run away from a threat.

Nothing more.

In many cases - having an attacker behind you - where you can't keep visual contact with them is far worse than staying put...... And -- some people (like myself) don't have the luxury of running - as they're physically unable to. (my right foot has no upwards flex, and running is not possible).....

lIt's not a "license to kill" --- that's Hollywood bullshit - and does not exist.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
10-12-2016, 10:00 AM
(10-12-2016 09:57 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 09:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  How fucking wrong can you get it?????????

Fuck Trayvon.....

Sorry about that you big ol' galoot. Sometimes I just like poking the pig with a stick. Big Grin

Tongue

heh