When is america getting that revolution.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2014, 06:32 AM
RE: When is america getting that revolution.
All of it.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2014, 06:33 AM
(30-03-2014 06:25 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 06:12 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Revolution isnt needed here, its all a matter of learning how to play the system to your benefit. Wink

Ya, but I don't know how to play the obama, bush america yet. (to be fair obama did fix some of bushes problems though)

At 17, your looking at the world from the outside. Once you see how things work from the inside, you will learn how to manipulate the system.

This will come in time as you become older and get more experiences in life and business.

It will also depend on how many years you play around being a rebel and fighting the status quo. The only way to kick their ass is by being a part of the system.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 3 users Like War Horse's post
30-03-2014, 06:34 AM
(29-03-2014 08:41 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  [Image: 800px-World_Map_Index_of_perception_of_c...on.svg.png]

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_...ions_Index

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
30-03-2014, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2014 07:22 AM by Logica Humano.)
(30-03-2014 06:27 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Well from what I read the ronald regan america was better, and FDR was a pretty good president as well. Thats it, we need a president Like FDR.

Reagan America was better? Hardly. It's where the entire modern mess in the U.S began.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
30-03-2014, 07:24 AM
(29-03-2014 07:02 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Aren't we supposed to have a revolution every 20 years. I think we need one now.

I think you either just had your revolution, or the best chance you had for one. Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it. Your revolution came in the form of the tea party.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
30-03-2014, 07:25 AM
(30-03-2014 07:24 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(29-03-2014 07:02 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Aren't we supposed to have a revolution every 20 years. I think we need one now.

I think you either just had your revolution, or the best chance you had for one. Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it. Your revolution came in the form of the tea party.

Gross, if thats are revolution then lets cancel it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
30-03-2014, 07:35 AM
(30-03-2014 07:09 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 06:27 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Well from what I read the ronald regan america was better, and FDR was a pretty good president as well. Thats it, we need a president Like FDR.

Regan America was better? Hardly. It's where the entire modern mess in the U.S began.

I was going to comment on this, suggesting to ask someone from the 1980s gay community or inner cities how great the Reagan era was.

And things change slowly in the US; a lot of that by design. The masses can be fickle, and easy change can make for instability and uncertainty, which markets do not like.

Just read World History. A rich upper class gaming the system and not caring about the masses is nothing new, and won't be going away any time soon. Just look at the former USSR. They had a revolution, and all that happened is other greedy humans filled the vacuum, with really bad results.

But don't give up trying to make a change. In a year you get to vote. Be sure you do, and know the issues before you do. Volunteer in campaigns if you're really interested in politics. And day to day, focus on the small picture like muffs said. Job, cost of living, lifestyle. The US is a huge, diverse country.
30-03-2014, 07:40 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2014 08:59 AM by Full Circle.)
(30-03-2014 06:33 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 06:25 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Ya, but I don't know how to play the obama, bush america yet. (to be fair obama did fix some of bushes problems though)

At 17, your looking at the world from the outside. Once you see how things work from the inside, you will learn how to manipulate the system.

This will come in time as you become older and get more experiences in life and business.

It will also depend on how many years you play around being a rebel and fighting the status quo. The only way to kick their ass is by being a part of the system.

What War Horse said. I'd like to add that every generation looks at the existing status quo and the previous generations and says "what a pile of shit, I'm going to change this place or leave it".

A few people actually go on to lead and create a change in the system, many do something about it by voting, and influencing local politics and a great majority just say "fuck it, I can't do anything about it so I'm going to manipulate it" (aka learning to navigate the rules).

AT 17 you are at the stage where you see the problems but don't feel empowered to do anything about them so you want to leave. When you get to college and become more wordly, more empowered you'll hopefully try to change things for the better, we would all thank you if you did.

Once you go into the workforce the system/life beats you down some. Don't let the day to day struggle with basic necessities keep you from your lofty goals. Be one of the few that actually spearheads change for the better, even if only on a small scale where you live.

Good luck Padawan. May the Force be with you. Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
30-03-2014, 07:54 AM
(30-03-2014 06:26 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 03:47 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  All these "Occupy" attempts are a joke compared to what's happening in Europe. Check some European news websites and see what's happening here. And even we are not close to any revolution.

In my country, people die in demonstrations and clashes almost every year. People here can only dream of living in the US. It's paradise compared to most European countries.

You won't be seeing any revolution anytime soon, sorry. You're too comfortable there.

I can agree most countries do need a revolution. Mine is more because it cares about only money over people, however I do hope a revolution will happen in which the world comes to peace. No war, no major hate, just the humans advancing and becoming immortal. Smile

I don‘t think you understand. 60% of young people in my country are unemployed. The ones who do work are not paid as much as they should and they work overtime without being paid for it.

Pensions are cut in half, disability pensions have stopped and people need to be re-examined (even people with no arms or legs) and the department responsible for that has been on strike for months.

Freelancers are forced to pay for their health insurance, even if their income is 0$. There is even a “survival tax“. You are alive, which means you have money to survive, so you have to pay a tax for it.

We have to pay extravagant amounts in taxes and it is officially impossible to just survive without owing money to the state. And all this I just mentioned is simply the tip of the iceberg.

Now, tell me again how you need a revolution.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
30-03-2014, 07:59 AM
(30-03-2014 07:54 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 06:26 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I can agree most countries do need a revolution. Mine is more because it cares about only money over people, however I do hope a revolution will happen in which the world comes to peace. No war, no major hate, just the humans advancing and becoming immortal. Smile

I don‘t think you understand. 60% of young people in my country are unemployed. The ones who do work are not paid as much as they should and they work overtime without being paid for it.

Pensions are cut in half, disability pensions have stopped and people need to be re-examined (even people with no arms or legs) and the department responsible for that has been on strike for months.

Freelancers are forced to pay for their health insurance, even if their income is 0$. There is even a “survival tax“. You are alive, which means you have money to survive, so you have to pay a tax for it.

We have to pay extravagant amounts in taxes and it is officially impossible to just survive without owing money to the state. And all this I just mentioned is simply the tip of the iceberg.

Now, tell me again how you need a revolution.

America isn't bad when it comes to jobs, but the government sure is crazy. It is in love with war. So sure it might not be so bad as the European countries but I fear if we don't do something it might become that bad.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube