When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2014, 12:17 AM
RE: When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?
(08-09-2014 12:18 PM)wazzel Wrote:  OK you may think I am a jerk for feeling this way, but I feel a person of any gender is free and clear to beat the crap out of anyone, regardless of gender, that hit them first. If a woman goes and hits a man she better be ready for him to hit back. I find it absurd that women get a pass on this.

Come on, men are quite a bit stronger than women. I am 6' tall, and I was completely unable to throw off a shorter and slighter man attacking me. This has to do with upper body strength.

Men and women are not physically equal. I have never seen a woman play pro football. in fact, I don't see women competing with men in sports at all.

The second post under your topic introduction shows a woman badly beaten up by a man. Even if she started it, odds are she, by far, got the worst of it.

So, if a woman hits a man first, he should beat the shit out of her. It's 2014. It would be a bit more conducive if we concerned ourselves with pulling our heads out of our own asses instead of thinking about how to do the most damage to another.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
09-09-2014, 01:18 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 06:07 AM by One Above All.)
(08-09-2014 08:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  "Guys" was a generalization. That you appear to be taking it personally says more about you than about me.

...So you use a general, male-specific term to refer to all the people (males) who responded to this thread, and you're surprised I thought you had included me (a male) in that generalization? Amazing. How about, next time, you use a non-general term? Something like "The people who think (...)"?
You didn't address my response to your "small dick" insult (or your accusation of misogyny), but whatever. Gotta draw attention away from those, right? Wink

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 1 user Likes One Above All's post
09-09-2014, 05:06 AM
(08-09-2014 10:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 09:39 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  No one should hit anyone, regardless of gender. Unless your physical life is in danger, and you are protecting yourself...walk away. You always have the option to walk away. (excluding scenarios where weapons are involved)

ManlyGirl would disagree with you.

Episode 1: She's leaving the liguor store and Hector is begging for change. Manly gives dude a couple of bucks and walks away. He thanks her by coming up behind her and grabbing her tit. She responds with a right hook that lays the fucker out. 911 ambulance is called. Liquor store owner rushes out and says "Please please Miss Sue, just go. I'll handle this."

Episode 2: Manly's in the checkout line at Costco. Juan sees this as an opportunity to squeeze her ass. Juan gets a right elbow to the face which results in a shitload of blood and a broken nose. Costco manager says "Please please Miss Sue, just go. I'll handle this."

Episode 3: Manly's coming out of a gas station convenience store and idiot says "Give me your purse." and grabs at it. Manly kicks him in the shin with her steel-toed Red Wings and dude crumples with a fracture of the tibia and Manly just drives away.... Cops call later, they're trying not to laugh their ass off as they take her report.

Manly needs to find a new neighborhood for her shopping, methinks.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-09-2014, 05:34 AM
So, I heard on the news driving into work that the coach for the ravens said "he hopes that they (Ray Rice and his fiancée/wife) can work it out..."

Then, he said he will pray for them. Sigh.

Clearly, he doesn't know anything about abuse. She needs to get out of this relationship, not "work it out." And he needs to be in prison. If he were to knock a total stranger out in public for example, he would have been arrested.

Sad. Sad

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
09-09-2014, 05:54 AM
(09-09-2014 12:17 AM)Dee Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 12:18 PM)wazzel Wrote:  OK you may think I am a jerk for feeling this way, but I feel a person of any gender is free and clear to beat the crap out of anyone, regardless of gender, that hit them first. If a woman goes and hits a man she better be ready for him to hit back. I find it absurd that women get a pass on this.

Come on, men are quite a bit stronger than women. I am 6' tall, and I was completely unable to throw off a shorter and slighter man attacking me. This has to do with upper body strength.

Men and women are not physically equal. I have never seen a woman play pro football. in fact, I don't see women competing with men in sports at all.

The second post under your topic introduction shows a woman badly beaten up by a man. Even if she started it, odds are she, by far, got the worst of it.

So, if a woman hits a man first, he should beat the shit out of her. It's 2014. It would be a bit more conducive if we concerned ourselves with pulling our heads out of our own asses instead of thinking about how to do the most damage to another.

That is not true across the board. I have spared with many women smaller than me that handed me my butt in the ring, I know it is a controlled conditions. It is all about the individuals.

This was not meant to come across as a justification for men to beat down women based on one slap or to give someone like Ray Rice a pass. More to bring up the point that women should not expect to get away with hitting men just because they are women. Apparently some feel that because they are women they are free from the repercussion of someone defending themselves. I am not talking a beat down.

People should not be hitting people, I don't care about the relative genders involved.
[+] 2 users Like wazzel's post
09-09-2014, 08:46 AM
*correction: didn't know he was arrested Blush Looked up some details today and now I know the whole picture.

Be true to yourself. Heart
09-09-2014, 09:00 AM
(09-09-2014 05:34 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  So, I heard on the news driving into work that the coach for the ravens said "he hopes that they (Ray Rice and his fiancée/wife) can work it out..."

Clearly, he doesn't know anything about abuse. She needs to get out of this relationship, not "work it out." And he needs to be in prison. If he were to knock a total stranger out in public for example, he would have been arrested.

Sad. Sad

They are now married and she released a statement not only defending him today but accusing the press and media of assassinating his character and ruining their happiness. In other words she has made her choice to stay with him regardless of what is best (I tend to agree with you on this) so what the coach was saying was he hoped this was in fact an aberration, a one time event that is never repeated. As to whether it will be only time will tell.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-09-2014, 09:02 AM
(09-09-2014 09:00 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 05:34 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  So, I heard on the news driving into work that the coach for the ravens said "he hopes that they (Ray Rice and his fiancée/wife) can work it out..."

Sad. Sad

They are now married and she released a statement not only defending him today but accusing the press and media of assassinating his character and ruining their happiness. In other words she has made her choice to stay with him regardless of what is best (I tend to agree with you on this) so what the coach was saying was he hoped this was in fact an aberration, a one time event that is never repeated. As to whether it will be only time will tell.

Can they arrest him if she doesnt press charges?
09-09-2014, 09:04 AM
(09-09-2014 09:02 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 09:00 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  They are now married and she released a statement not only defending him today but accusing the press and media of assassinating his character and ruining their happiness. In other words she has made her choice to stay with him regardless of what is best (I tend to agree with you on this) so what the coach was saying was he hoped this was in fact an aberration, a one time event that is never repeated. As to whether it will be only time will tell.

Can they arrest him if she doesnt press charges?

He was arrested. The prosecutor and Judge saw the video they reduced the charges and put him in an anger management class that once he completes will wipe the charge off his record.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
09-09-2014, 09:09 AM
(09-09-2014 09:04 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 09:02 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Can they arrest him if she doesnt press charges?

He was arrested. The prosecutor and Judge saw the video they reduced the charges and put him in an anger management class that once he completes will wipe the charge off his record.

His charges were actually upped from simple battered to aggravated battery, her charge of simple battery was dropped. He did go into the anger management program as a first time offender. The arrest does not go off his record nor the charge, just the conviction (if I am understanding correctly).

It is not up to the victim if charges get pressed or not, that is a DA call. The victim can choose not to testify (I think) which may sway the DA on if charges get pressed or not.