When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2014, 09:11 AM
RE: When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?
(09-09-2014 09:04 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 09:02 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Can they arrest him if she doesnt press charges?

He was arrested. The prosecutor and Judge saw the video they reduced the charges and put him in an anger management class that once he completes will wipe the charge off his record.

Oh okay. Thanks for that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2014, 09:12 AM
(09-09-2014 09:00 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 05:34 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  So, I heard on the news driving into work that the coach for the ravens said "he hopes that they (Ray Rice and his fiancĂ©e/wife) can work it out..."

Then, he said he will pray for them. Sigh.

Clearly, he doesn't know anything about abuse. She needs to get out of this relationship, not "work it out." And he needs to be in prison. If he were to knock a total stranger out in public for example, he would have been arrested.

Sad. Sad

They are now married and she released a statement not only defending him today but accusing the press and media of assassinating his character and ruining their happiness. In other words she has made her choice to stay with him regardless of what is best (I tend to agree with you on this) so what the coach was saying was he hoped this was in fact an aberration, a one time event that is never repeated. As to whether it will be only time will tell.

Abuse is a cycle. This wasn't the first time. But probably the worst time and oops caught on film. He will just make sure no cameras are around next time.

Hate to sound cynical but violent dudes like this don't change.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
09-09-2014, 09:17 AM
(09-09-2014 09:12 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 09:00 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  They are now married and she released a statement not only defending him today but accusing the press and media of assassinating his character and ruining their happiness. In other words she has made her choice to stay with him regardless of what is best (I tend to agree with you on this) so what the coach was saying was he hoped this was in fact an aberration, a one time event that is never repeated. As to whether it will be only time will tell.

Abuse is a cycle. This wasn't the first time. But probably the worst time and oops caught on film. He will just make sure no cameras are around next time.

That is an unknown, again I agree it most likely not the first time but as far as we know for certain it is the only time we have any information about. A big part of the abuse cycle is the victim returning to and defending their abuser, it is what turns it into a cycle. However you cannot force someone to see the truth no matter how clear it is to you. Right now she is sounding like a habitual victim of abuse, doubt you saw the press conference they had in May where SHE apologise to him for her part in causing all this.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
09-09-2014, 09:25 AM
(09-09-2014 09:17 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 09:12 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Abuse is a cycle. This wasn't the first time. But probably the worst time and oops caught on film. He will just make sure no cameras are around next time.

That is an unknown, again I agree it most likely not the first time but as far as we know for certain it is the only time we have any information about. A big part of the abuse cycle is the victim returning to and defending their abuser, it is what turns it into a cycle. However you cannot force someone to see the truth no matter how clear it is to you. Right now she is sounding like a habitual victim of abuse, doubt you saw the press conference they had in May where SHE apologise to him for her part in causing all this.
I've been in abusive relationships, and you hit the nail on the head. I read about that (her apologizing) and makes me sad. Sad

The NFL needs to oust him.

09-09-2014, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 09:32 AM by wazzel.)
(09-09-2014 09:17 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 09:12 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Abuse is a cycle. This wasn't the first time. But probably the worst time and oops caught on film. He will just make sure no cameras are around next time.

Not defending Rice, but remember she was arrested and charged with simple battery also.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-r...5.htmlpage
09-09-2014, 09:30 AM
(09-09-2014 09:25 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 09:17 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That is an unknown, again I agree it most likely not the first time but as far as we know for certain it is the only time we have any information about. A big part of the abuse cycle is the victim returning to and defending their abuser, it is what turns it into a cycle. However you cannot force someone to see the truth no matter how clear it is to you. Right now she is sounding like a habitual victim of abuse, doubt you saw the press conference they had in May where SHE apologise to him for her part in causing all this.
I've been in abusive relationships, and you hit the nail on the head. I read about that (her apologizing) and makes me sad. Sad

The NFL needs to oust him.

His contract was terminated yesterday and the league indefinitely suspended him. Whether that means he is done for the year or is gone forever we shall see. Sadly if he is gone for good it has more to do with his position and output than what he did.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-09-2014, 09:31 AM
(09-09-2014 09:26 AM)wazzel Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 09:17 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That is an unknown, again I agree it most likely not the first time but as far as we know for certain it is the only time we have any information about. A big part of the abuse cycle is the victim returning to and defending their abuser, it is what turns it into a cycle. However you cannot force someone to see the truth no matter how clear it is to you. Right now she is sounding like a habitual victim of abuse, doubt you saw the press conference they had in May where SHE apologise to him for her part in causing all this.

Not defending Rice, but remember she was arrested and charged with simple battery also.

Yes and her charges were all dropped when prosecutors saw the video where she never touched him and he hit her hard enough to knock her out.

09-09-2014, 09:33 AM
(09-09-2014 09:31 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 09:26 AM)wazzel Wrote:  Not defending Rice, but remember she was arrested and charged with simple battery also.

Yes and her charges were all dropped when prosecutors saw the video where she never touched him and he hit her hard enough to knock her out.

That is not what the arresting officer reported. I added a link to the police department statement in my previous post..
09-09-2014, 09:35 AM
(09-09-2014 09:33 AM)wazzel Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 09:31 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes and her charges were all dropped when prosecutors saw the video where she never touched him and he hit her hard enough to knock her out.

That is not what the arresting officer reported. I added a link to the police department statement in my previous post..

Yes the initial story was different but the video evidence trumps eye witness testimony.

09-09-2014, 09:37 AM
(09-09-2014 09:26 AM)wazzel Wrote:  

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-r...5.htmlpage

Sounds like a very toxic relationship honestly. Both sides.