When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2014, 09:05 PM
RE: When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?
(09-09-2014 05:47 PM)wazzel Wrote:  Just looked back at my opening post. Man that was harsh and did make me look like a jerk. I still stand behind my selfdefence only position but that did not set a good tone for the discussion. Sorry.

Remember I think you're cool & a good person. I just have serious background where battered women are concerned.
It will never get to be an easy going topic for me.
And I know my emotionalism doesn't help.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2014, 09:30 PM
When the wife begins hitting their daughter over the head with a rolling pin?

*smack*
"That's how it feels, mother of the year !"

A good solid jab to stun her just long enough to grab up the baby girl, and a cell phone, and walk to the car to call the cops on your way out of the house, without her being lucid enough to chase after the 2 of you with a melee weapon, or worse?

Monsters aren't exclusively male, and there's probably 1 or 2 female ones that should feel lucky to have gotten away with just a hard slap to the face!

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
10-09-2014, 12:46 AM
The only time I hit women is in the bedroom. Blush

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
10-09-2014, 01:18 AM
My rule of violence is this: "Use of physical force is warranted to the extent necessary to neutralize a threat."

Gender is irrelevant. If a chick comes at me with a knife held high, she's gonna hit the fuckin' floor.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Misanthropik's post
10-09-2014, 06:07 AM
(09-09-2014 09:05 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 05:47 PM)wazzel Wrote:  Just looked back at my opening post. Man that was harsh and did make me look like a jerk. I still stand behind my selfdefence only position but that did not set a good tone for the discussion. Sorry.

Remember I think you're cool & a good person. I just have serious background where battered women are concerned.
It will never get to be an easy going topic for me.
And I know my emotionalism doesn't help.

Looking back it did not come across as I had intended.

My only experience was with the parents of a girl I dated in high school. The step-dad would beat the mom from time to time. It was not a good situation, cops got call just about every time and they did not do much. She hid out in the battered women's shelter while the kids would disperse to friends houses. Eventually they would all go home. It did suck. Eventually she got him kicked out and they got divorcer, but that was actually over him getting some other woman pregnant and not over the beatings. I think we have made some progress since the 1980's (when I was in high school) but still not where it should be.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
10-09-2014, 07:49 AM
(08-09-2014 12:18 PM)wazzel Wrote:  OK you may think I am a jerk for feeling this way, but I feel a person of any gender is free and clear to beat the crap out of anyone, regardless of gender, that hit them first. If a woman goes and hits a man she better be ready for him to hit back. I find it absurd that women get a pass on this.

When she takes her pants off in front of other men to get laid, but only does it with you to shit on your face.

All great truths begin as blasphemy - George Bernard Shaw
10-09-2014, 10:30 AM
I will never advocate hitting a woman. There are other ways to defend yourself without resorting to violence. My father always told me to always maintain my self control and he did everything he could to make sure I did (this includes a lifetime a study in different martial arts disciplines).

This teaching has served me very well. At one point I was assaulted by my now ex-wife with a skillet. I took the skillet away from her after she hit me with it and walked out of the house. Called the police and they took her into custody. if I would have done anything aggressive even after being hit I am almost positive I would have ended up behind bars.
[+] 2 users Like ohio_drg's post
10-09-2014, 10:42 AM
It is never okay to hit anyone! Self defence is one thing, but beating the shit out of someone who swatted you is a barbaric move. I agree, women and smaller men should own up to their own actions, but if they hit a much bigger person and that big person beats them up, that is animalistic. It scares the hell out of me how lightly people treat domestic violence here... I thought only bigots did that.
[+] 1 user Likes Flowergurl's post
10-09-2014, 10:53 AM
I wonder who has treated domestic violence lightly? Consider

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
10-09-2014, 11:04 AM
I really hate the title to this thread. Instead of making it about gender it should be about teaching good conflict resolution skills without either hitting the other. This should also apply between parents and children, and same sex couples.

It should apply to even boy on boy fighting. If you are bigger than someone and you know they cannot hurt you, even if they attempt to hit you, you never do anything more than you have to to stop it. No different than expecting a cop to stop when they have something contained.

Knocking someone out when you know you are bigger, has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with your own insecure ego.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Brian37's post