When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2014, 11:12 AM
RE: When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?
(10-09-2014 10:53 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  I wonder who has treated domestic violence lightly? Consider

No idea. Full Circle also claimed there was misogyny going on in this thread. He has yet to provide evidence for it or even post in this thread at all since I pointed out he had ignored my request for him to do so. Oh well. Drinking Beverage

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2014, 11:33 AM
(10-09-2014 11:12 AM)One Above All Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 10:53 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  I wonder who has treated domestic violence lightly? Consider

No idea. Full Circle also claimed there was misogyny going on in this thread. He has yet to provide evidence for it or even post in this thread at all since I pointed out he had ignored my request for him to do so. Oh well. Drinking Beverage

May have just been referring to my rabid posts claiming that we cannot discuss women's issues without talking about men. Yes... sometimes that comes across misogynistic as we can't keep focus.
But I had my rant
Rant dismissed and all will continue as it always does.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
10-09-2014, 11:38 AM
(10-09-2014 11:04 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I really hate the title to this thread. Instead of making it about gender it should be about teaching good conflict resolution skills without either hitting the other. This should also apply between parents and children, and same sex couples.

It should apply to even boy on boy fighting. If you are bigger than someone and you know they cannot hurt you, even if they attempt to hit you, you never do anything more than you have to to stop it. No different than expecting a cop to stop when they have something contained.

Knocking someone out when you know you are bigger, has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with your own insecure ego.

I must have had some other train of through going on when I started this thread. I do not even recall what it could have been.

I do agree with your other points. If you are a smaller person do not be surprised if the bigger person does come at you "guns-a-blazing" if you hit them. For various reasons some people will look for an excuse to fight. I know my first post looks like I am one of those, it was not meant to be that way.
10-09-2014, 03:48 PM
People should punch people more often.

Cunts are too often allowed to be cunts. If people just punched them every time they were being cuntish then purhaps we would have a lot less cunts in the world because they would learn not to be cuntish or they'll get punched.

A perfect example is in customer service type situations where the customer is being cuntish and in need of a good dead arm.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
10-09-2014, 03:55 PM
(10-09-2014 03:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  People should punch people more often.

Cunts are too often allowed to be cunts. If people just punched them every time they were being cuntish then purhaps we would have a lot less cunts in the world because they would learn not to be cuntish or they'll get punched.

A perfect example is in customer service type situations where the customer is being cuntish and in need of a good dead arm.

Guessing you want to punch someone eh?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-09-2014, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2014 08:09 AM by ClydeLee.)
Re: RE: When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?
(10-09-2014 03:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  People should punch people more often.

Maybe they're cunts because they have been punched already too much.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
10-09-2014, 09:38 PM
Other than if she's trying to kill the man, I say no.
11-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Whenever it's okay for a woman to hit a guy, or for a guy to hit a guy. This includes in defense, in response to them saying something stupid, as a form of congratulations (people still do that slap on the back thing, right?) or just when they're being a jerk.

Otherwise we're kind of failing on the whole equality thing.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 2 users Like CleverUsername's post
12-09-2014, 08:45 PM
When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?

Well lets break that down to it's base level. When is it OK for one human being to hit another? And to that I would say never. I understand people could bring up times of war, self defense, and all that. I get it, but not taking those examples into account, any situation between two people it is NOT ok for one to hit the other.
[+] 1 user Likes jojorumbles's post
13-09-2014, 11:41 AM
If I am ever battered, my first instinct is to get away and not to hit back -- you are much more likely to get hurt fighting a person who's gotten the drop on you. In a circumstance where you can't get away and you are seriously getting beaten, I would certainly say hit back, woman or no. But keep in mind. A beating. Not a slap on the face or a singular punch in the stomach, in which you are retaliating out of anger and not out of self-defense.

But I really have to ask. When is it really "okay" to hit anyone? Wouldn't it always be the primary focus of a logical person to avoid any further violence?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]