When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2014, 03:10 PM
RE: When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?
(13-09-2014 03:04 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 02:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No he didn't as it has no bearing on the situation and just serves as a distraction from a serious issue.

Just wondering. I mean he mention understandable reasons to hit, so I asked him if sparring was one of them.

Of course sparring is one of those occasions where hitting a female is okay, hell it's mandatory unless you think 'sparring' means 'being a punching bag'...

What a ridiculous question. Dodgy

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
13-09-2014, 03:16 PM
(13-09-2014 03:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 03:04 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Just wondering. I mean he mention understandable reasons to hit, so I asked him if sparring was one of them.

Of course sparring is one of those occasions where hitting a female is okay, hell it's mandatory unless you think 'sparring' means 'being a punching bag'...

No, I know what sparring is, I was wondering if that was one of the exceptions.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
13-09-2014, 03:19 PM
(13-09-2014 03:16 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 03:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Of course sparring is one of those occasions where hitting a female is okay, hell it's mandatory unless you think 'sparring' means 'being a punching bag'...

DUH

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
13-09-2014, 03:23 PM
(13-09-2014 03:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 03:04 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Just wondering. I mean he mention understandable reasons to hit, so I asked him if sparring was one of them.

(13-09-2014 03:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 03:16 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  No, I know what sparring is, I was wondering if that was one of the exceptions.

DUH

Ok good it's not just me rolling my eyes every time that is asked. It is at best a distraction and at worse trying to lessen the problem being discussed.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
13-09-2014, 03:27 PM
(13-09-2014 03:23 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 03:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Of course sparring is one of those occasions where hitting a female is okay, hell it's mandatory unless you think 'sparring' means 'being a punching bag'...

(13-09-2014 03:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  DUH

Ok good it's not just me rolling my eyes every time that is asked. It is at best a distraction and at worse trying to lessen the problem being discussed.

So why did you respond to it again?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
13-09-2014, 03:37 PM
(13-09-2014 03:16 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

Sparring is not the same thing. Intention there is completely different,as is the force utilized, as well as consent is given. There are generally agreed upon rules with sparring.

This:
[Image: 067646d8c1aacf9d9df42fce932d5bd1.jpg]

Does NOT equate with this:
[Image: battered_woman-linda-ikeji-blog.jpg]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
13-09-2014, 03:39 PM
(13-09-2014 03:37 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 03:16 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  No, I know what sparring is, I was wondering if that was one of the exceptions.

Sparring is not the same thing. Intention there is completely different,as is the force utilized, as well as consent is given. There are generally agreed upon rules with sparring.

This:

I was not going for that no. I asked him that question to see the exceptions, I was never trying to say it was the same thing. What do I speak ewok or something because I feel misquoted.

13-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Sparring is action agreed upon by the participants.

Therefore it is clearly not the same thing.

Cripes Zeke, you are smarter than that.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
13-09-2014, 03:46 PM
(13-09-2014 03:39 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 03:37 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Sparring is not the same thing. Intention there is completely different,as is the force utilized, as well as consent is given. There are generally agreed upon rules with sparring.

This:

I was not going for that no. I asked him that question to see the exceptions, I was never trying to say it was the same thing. What do I speak ewok or something because I feel misquoted.

I'm sorry if you feel as if I misquoted you. That was not my intention. I'm just trying to say sparring in relation to "hitting" a woman is comparing apples to oranges.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
13-09-2014, 04:00 PM
(13-09-2014 01:10 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 11:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  But it's often the primary focus of an angry, hurt person to retaliate.

It also tends to land both individuals in a jail cell with more wounds than otherwise. I don't expect a person angry or hurt to hit back within reason, so excessive force is probable. The reaction should be flight and not fight in most circumstances.

I'm not staking a position, I am making an observation.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user