When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2014, 09:19 PM
RE: When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?
(13-09-2014 03:23 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 03:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Of course sparring is one of those occasions where hitting a female is okay, hell it's mandatory unless you think 'sparring' means 'being a punching bag'...

What a ridiculous question. Dodgy

(13-09-2014 03:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  DUH

Ok good it's not just me rolling my eyes every time that is asked. It is at best a distraction and at worse trying to lessen the problem being discussed.

Nope. It's not just you

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2014, 01:17 PM
(13-09-2014 08:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  Sure, but it is human.

Either response is human. That is why it is called fight or flight. Flight is the more reasonable in the situation.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
14-09-2014, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2014 01:58 PM by Luminon.)
(13-09-2014 08:09 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I was mostly referencing the video that I disagreed with - it manipulated statistics to make a point, I find that to be dishonest. And calling women "robotic overlords" was an asinine statement. An inflammatory statement will get an inflammatory response.
It's an inflammatory topic. And I think people who think they can hit anyone and know they will get excuses (but she was stressed! she couldn't control herself!) are certainly our "robotic overlords". I have heard more than my share of parental and spousal excuses, from my parents, but also call-in shows and books.

(13-09-2014 08:09 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I reference "effects" because we live with the effects.

I didn't know the speaker on the video, I was just going off the comments on the video itself.

I think we've already discussed that DV exists in every socioeconomic group so I'm not sure why you're still bringing it up.
Because we can do little about effects, the damage is already done. There are causes to apprehend and stop! It has just one problem, if you truly do something against DV, against its causes, you will lose many relationships and you will be hated by many. I think you understand that in some way and this is why you're not enthusiastic about this. It is the right thing to do philosophically, but it is a social suicide. I am already socially dead, yay!
I don't mind being hated and condemned by people who ignore or support violence against men and women in the age between 0-18. I don't say that's you, but many here are.
The National football league seems to have their share of psychos, this time there is a child victim. I must mention that, to be just. I hope this media attention will get parents to stop behaving like NFL players.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFqBylDsKSU

(13-09-2014 08:09 PM)Nurse Wrote:  "Magical vagina powers?" I see, so it's all her fault that the "big, dumb wild man beast" knocked her unconscious. Dodgy He could have walked away and then dumped her ass. He didn't. He deserves to be in jail. Had he not struck back, he could have had HER arrested.
Another thing I did not say - that the football player has no fault. Obviously, he can control himself. He knows when to knock people over (on the football field) and when not to do that. He's responsible. But your performance as a lawyer is a sign that you're worried that I might be unjust to someone. What is your experience with injustice? I would say it is considerable, but not expressed at the right (wrong) people, if you are worried about me, a random internet guy, saying a bad thing.

(13-09-2014 08:09 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I don't even know where to start with the rest of your reply. I don't have time tonight, gotta drive out of state to go work. I was spanked (whipped with a belt until 14) as a child and am now a functional, nonviolent adult that has to go to work tomorrow. I've got to go help people that need solutions and/or treatment for their existing problems.
Take your time, months or years. It is an inflammatory, socially suicidal topic, after all. I see you're in the damage mitigation industry, not in the cause prevention business. But you might be interested in prevention. Shit! I can't even ask you that. Everyone, good or bad person would say they are interested in prevention. Let's say you can read some Alice Miller, Faye Snyder, Jane Middelton-Moz or John Bradshaw, that's up to you.
It is interesting how you were raised with violence but you are a nonviolent adult. That is quite a difference and I would say a moral one. Imagine, if it was relatively easy to raise you without violence, yet your parents did not do it, would you feel angry at them? Would that be an injustice? Obviously, your moral standards are different from theirs and the negative effects of spanking are known since 1940's or so. Moral philosophy is the most dangerous discipline in the world, it is a thing that makes and breaks families and its misuse causes all the wars.
14-09-2014, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2014 02:05 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-09-2014 04:09 PM)Luminon Wrote:  If the woman hits first... Are women our supreme robotic lords and masters incapable of self-control, who must be suffered and obeyed at all costs?

You're obviously not married. And I daresay with your patronizing and condescending attitudes you never will be. Probably best for the species.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-09-2014, 02:14 PM
(14-09-2014 01:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 04:09 PM)Luminon Wrote:  If the woman hits first... Are women our supreme robotic lords and masters incapable of self-control, who must be suffered and obeyed at all costs?

You're obviously not married. And I daresay with your patronizing and condescending attitudes you never will be. Probably best for the species.

Wow yeah.... he needs to just shut up.
Bad attitude towards females=no sex
Lol

14-09-2014, 02:19 PM
(14-09-2014 01:17 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 08:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  Sure, but it is human.

Either response is human. That is why it is called fight or flight. Flight is the more reasonable in the situation.

Reason doesn't always enter into it - especially when you're being hit. Trust me on this one. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-09-2014, 02:21 PM
(14-09-2014 01:30 PM)Luminon Wrote:  I don't mind being hated and condemned by people who ignore or support violence against men and women in the age between 0-18. I don't say that's you, but many here are.

You know what, Lumi? Go fuck yourself.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-09-2014, 02:30 PM
(14-09-2014 02:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  Reason doesn't always enter into it - especially when you're being hit. Trust me on this one. Dodgy

As a person who has been beaten up three times, I am well aware of it.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
14-09-2014, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2014 02:48 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-09-2014 02:30 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(14-09-2014 02:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  Reason doesn't always enter into it - especially when you're being hit. Trust me on this one. Dodgy

As a person who has been beaten up three times, I am well aware of it.

Manly has beat the crap outta me more than once. Some deserved, some not. I never hit back 'cause that would just provoke her and make her angrier, and stronger. I just go all armadillo and duck and cover and shit until she gets it out of her system. Sometimes being a husband means being a punching bag. It is never okay that a wife is a punching bag. Children too. Sometimes being a father also means being a punching bag.... Unless Manly's wearing steel-toed RedWings 'cause then my fatass is running for my damn life.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
14-09-2014, 03:08 PM
(14-09-2014 02:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-09-2014 01:30 PM)Luminon Wrote:  I don't mind being hated and condemned by people who ignore or support violence against men and women in the age between 0-18. I don't say that's you, but many here are.

You know what, Lumi? Go fuck yourself.

No one here is ignoring this violence. It's the topic for petessake