When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2014, 07:01 PM
RE: When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?
(16-09-2014 06:43 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(16-09-2014 06:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Actually the law is pretty clear on the fact that if someone hits you and you do not hit back they go to jail.

This is the crux of the argument. Disproportionate response when someone 3/4 your size or smaller is hitting you would be to hit them back. I am not saying you cannot restrain them to prevent them doing anything further but once you start wailing on them you will probably be going to jail.

Rev
It's always the same.
Except for I think this newer generation of young adults are even more* poor me* than the generations before them.
You just keep hoping a smart bunch of adults will step up and solve such ancient issues...
Yet each generation more spoiled than the one before.

I give up.
The entire conversation of getting people to HEAR statistics and give a shit just gets lost in all the whining and demand for equality.

Tell you what I'll address female abuse equal to male abuse as soon as women are genuinely equal citizens.

Lol
Like that will ever happen.

I still think there is hope for that. Maybe not in my lifetime but I just feel like giving up is the only way to insure it never will happen. You can usually tell the people that have had first hand experience with this issue since they are the only ones not wanting to jump through hypothetical hoops and contortions to equate the truly devastating damage a man can do to a woman with a slap to the face.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
17-09-2014, 12:46 PM
(16-09-2014 07:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-09-2014 06:43 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Rev
It's always the same.
Except for I think this newer generation of young adults are even more* poor me* than the generations before them.
You just keep hoping a smart bunch of adults will step up and solve such ancient issues...
Yet each generation more spoiled than the one before.

I give up.
The entire conversation of getting people to HEAR statistics and give a shit just gets lost in all the whining and demand for equality.

Tell you what I'll address female abuse equal to male abuse as soon as women are genuinely equal citizens.

Lol
Like that will ever happen.

I still think there is hope for that. Maybe not in my lifetime but I just feel like giving up is the only way to insure it never will happen. You can usually tell the people that have had first hand experience with this issue since they are the only ones not wanting to jump through hypothetical hoops and contortions to equate the truly devastating damage a man can do to a woman with a slap to the face.

I'm glad you have hope. I guess I just don't anymore. Each time this topic is raised I get my hopes up only to see them dashed once again.
In the near40 yrs of battling for women's rights when abuse against women comes up... here's how it goes:
Topic raised
Women (and a few choice men) acknowledge that there IS abuse specific to women.
Men begin to discredit the reality of such abuse.
Men demand equal discussion on THEIR abuse issues.
Women request to stay ON topic.
And it's just a mess after that.

That's the step by step diagram of this conversation.
Appalling. ....
Year after year after year

*sigh*

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
17-09-2014, 04:04 PM
(16-09-2014 05:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-09-2014 05:33 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I'm not talking about present day statistics, I'm talking about what is right and wrong. Approaching equality.

Yes, and in doing this you have to igone the present. Violence against Women and Children is worse than violence against Men precisely because they have less ability to defend themselves. Yes that is a blanket statement and you can pick outliers and anomalies all day but on average the average man has little to fear physically from the average woman unless a weapon is involved.

Violence against women and children is almost certainly more widespread than violence against men, and it is far more reprehensible because of the power imbalance.

However, men are murdered at more than three times the rate that women are. That reality can't be ignored, either.

Of course, men are overwhelmingly murdered by men, so there's that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Feminism?

I see way more anti-Feminazis that actual Feminazis, if that counts for anything, but I have encountered "Feminazis" and there just run-of-the-mill deplorable cunts. Nothing special about them being Feminist, their just regular pedants who make it difficult to be around them.
17-09-2014, 04:50 PM
(17-09-2014 04:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-09-2014 05:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes, and in doing this you have to igone the present. Violence against Women and Children is worse than violence against Men precisely because they have less ability to defend themselves. Yes that is a blanket statement and you can pick outliers and anomalies all day but on average the average man has little to fear physically from the average woman unless a weapon is involved.

Violence against women and children is almost certainly more widespread than violence against men, and it is far more reprehensible because of the power imbalance.

However, men are murdered at more than three times the rate that women are. That reality can't be ignored, either.

Part of me thinks that the more worry about who is hurt more we loose sight of the fact that people are getting hurt. When it come to domestic violence only an uneducated and/or fool would deny that women are far more likely to be victims than men, but it does happen the other way around too.
17-09-2014, 05:01 PM
(16-09-2014 07:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I still think there is hope for that. Maybe not in my lifetime but I just feel like giving up is the only way to insure it never will happen. You can usually tell the people that have had first hand experience with this issue since they are the only ones not wanting to jump through hypothetical hoops and contortions to equate the truly devastating damage a man can do to a woman with a slap to the face.
Case in point:

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
17-09-2014, 05:08 PM
(17-09-2014 05:01 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(16-09-2014 07:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I still think there is hope for that. Maybe not in my lifetime but I just feel like giving up is the only way to insure it never will happen. You can usually tell the people that have had first hand experience with this issue since they are the only ones not wanting to jump through hypothetical hoops and contortions to equate the truly devastating damage a man can do to a woman with a slap to the face.
Case in point:

He had no reason to hit her back. He is a cop he should have arrested her when she slapped him. Does anyone think she was any real danger to him?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
17-09-2014, 05:10 PM
(17-09-2014 05:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  He had no reason to hit her back. He is a cop he should have arrested her when she slapped him. Does anyone think she was any real danger to him?
You realize I was agreeing with you, right? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
17-09-2014, 05:12 PM
(17-09-2014 05:10 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 05:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  He had no reason to hit her back. He is a cop he should have arrested her when she slapped him. Does anyone think she was any real danger to him?
You realize I was agreeing with you, right? Consider

Yeah I know. Was not meant as an argument More of a commentary on the video.

17-09-2014, 05:14 PM
(17-09-2014 04:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-09-2014 05:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes, and in doing this you have to igone the present. Violence against Women and Children is worse than violence against Men precisely because they have less ability to defend themselves. Yes that is a blanket statement and you can pick outliers and anomalies all day but on average the average man has little to fear physically from the average woman unless a weapon is involved.

In the US military more men are sexually assaulted than women. Granted it's because there is a disproportionate number of men.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus