When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2014, 12:53 PM
RE: When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?
(08-09-2014 12:42 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 12:41 PM)wazzel Wrote:  What one?

Either. They've got the smell of truthiness rather than truth.
& hobbitgirl
Might have to wait until later. I can not find them in a quick search. It is something that I have ready before.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2014, 12:56 PM
(08-09-2014 12:53 PM)wazzel Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 12:42 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Either. They've got the smell of truthiness rather than truth.
& hobbitgirl
Might have to wait until later. I can not find them in a quick search. It is something that I have ready before.

No worries. Smile
08-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Nobody should be hit in anger period.

I don't care what the gender.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-09-2014, 01:50 PM
I feel in self defense it's alright specially if she's trying to hurt you bad or worse kill you, or if it's a sport such as boxing, MMA ect. but you should never! hit a woman first, not out of anger or anything. I would never ever think about bringing any harm to a woman for any reason other than if my life felt threatened.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
08-09-2014, 01:56 PM
(08-09-2014 01:50 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I would never ever think about bringing any harm to a woman for any reason other than if my life felt threatened.

Why not? Is she not deserving of equal treatment? If I (a guy) came up to you and punched you in the face, would you not hit me back? If I came back after a sex-change operation, would I somehow have lost the ability to be an asshole if I hit someone first? (If the sex-change scenario doesn't work for you, imagine it's someone who was born a woman and punched you with the same force that I had. Would she not be deserving of the same treatment as me?)

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
08-09-2014, 01:58 PM
(08-09-2014 01:56 PM)One Above All Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 01:50 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I would never ever think about bringing any harm to a woman for any reason other than if my life felt threatened.

Why not? Is she not deserving of equal treatment? If I (a guy) came up to you and punched you in the face, would you not hit me back? If I came back after a sex-change operation, would I somehow have lost the ability to be an asshole if I hit someone first? (If the sex-change scenario doesn't work for you, imagine it's someone who was born a woman and punched you with the same force that I had. Would she not be deserving of the same treatment as me?)

You missed the part where I said in self defense, that includes if she started punching me first I would hit back, I just mean i would never punch a woman first. If she was just yelling at m or something I wouldn't hit her, I'd figure out what was wrong and try and calm her down and help her feel better.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
08-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Just for the record, I would never hit any one except in self-defense or during a mutually agreed to sparing match. I use to train in martial arts and I would spar with who ever wanted to spar including women.
[+] 3 users Like wazzel's post
08-09-2014, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 02:08 PM by One Above All.)
(08-09-2014 01:58 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  You missed the part where I said in self defense,

I didn't miss it. You said it was "alright" (as a statement that applies to the general population) for someone to hit a woman in self-defense. Then you said that you, personally, would only hit a woman if your "life felt threatened (sic)". There's a disconnection here. One statement applies to the general public; the other applies to you. I was replying to the statement that applied to you. Nevertheless, assuming I'm being too nitpicky, what you said below is still sexist.

(08-09-2014 01:58 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  that includes if she started punching me first I would hit back, I just mean i would never punch a woman first.

Imagine things a guy can do to make you punch him first. Now imagine it was a woman doing those exact same things. What changed, aside from the person's gender? Or, to be more precise, why is gender an important factor in this decision? It's a person, doing something that makes you feel the need to punch them in the face (or wherever). Whether they're male or female doesn't change what they did.

EDIT: Before anyone loses their shit, I am not advocating the right to hit someone, nor am I trying to establish when hitting someone is "OK" or "right" (because it never is), regardless of gender.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
08-09-2014, 02:05 PM
What Moms said.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
08-09-2014, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 02:23 PM by JDog554.)
(08-09-2014 02:03 PM)One Above All Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 01:58 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  You missed the part where I said in self defense,

I didn't miss it. You said it was "alright" (as a statement that applies to the general population) for someone to hit a woman in self-defense. Then you said that you, personally, would only hit a woman if your "life felt threatened (sic)". There's a disconnection here. One statement applies to the general public; the other applies to you. I was replying to the statement that applied to you. Nevertheless, assuming I'm being too nitpicky, what you said below is still sexist.

(08-09-2014 01:58 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  that includes if she started punching me first I would hit back, I just mean i would never punch a woman first.

Imagine things a guy can do to make you punch him first. Now imagine it was a woman doing those exact same things. What changed, aside from the person's gender? Or, to be more precise, why is gender an important factor in this decision? It's a person, doing something that makes you feel the need to punch them in the face (or wherever). Whether they're male or female doesn't change what they did.

Well I meant I would hit a woman back if it was self defense too and those same things apply to guys, I wouldn't hit a guy first for no reason, I like to help people and if a guy was angry at me I would try and calm him down and fix things just like I would a woman. This whole subject is about guys and woman not guys and guys so why are you even bringing it up? It has nothing to do with what is being talked about. Seems like your just trying to stamp me as anti-feminist. I wouldn't hit a guy first either, I'd have no reason to but the subject of this post is when its ok for a guy to hit women, not when is it ok for a guy to hit another guy, if it was my answer would be the same for guys. I do not appreciate being judged and called sexist when I am not.