When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2014, 05:36 PM
RE: When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?
(14-09-2014 02:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-09-2014 02:30 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  As a person who has been beaten up three times, I am well aware of it.

Manly has beat the crap outta me more than once. Some deserved, some not. I never hit back 'cause that would just provoke her and make her angrier, and stronger. I just go all armadillo and duck and cover and shit until she gets it out of her system. Sometimes being a husband means being a punching bag. It is never okay that a wife is a punching bag. Children too. Sometimes being a father also means being a punching bag.... Unless Manly's wearing steel-toed RedWings 'cause then my fatass is running for my damn life.

This has absolutely no bearing what so ever on the OP question, but your statement reminded me of it, and it still makes me giggle a bit Laugh out load

Excl For Girly Only Excl
fast forward to 4:40

She really would kick our ass! Tongue

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
17-09-2014, 05:54 PM
(17-09-2014 05:36 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  This has absolutely no bearing what so ever on the OP question, but your statement reminded me of it, and it still makes me giggle a bit Laugh out load

Excl For Girly Only Excl
fast forward to 4:40

She really would kick our ass! Tongue

"You can pick, knockout or sleep."

I choose

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-09-2014, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2014 06:20 PM by Adrianime.)
(16-09-2014 06:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-09-2014 06:00 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  That's 100% fine, as long as you apply the same reasoning to when a man hits a man, then I have no issue. If physical difference is the point you want to focus on, then we lose the reasoning behind women getting special treatment and it just becomes a matter of physique.

Actually the law is pretty clear on the fact that if someone hits you and you do not hit back they go to jail.

This is the crux of the argument. Disproportionate response when someone 3/4 your size or smaller is hitting you would be to hit them back. I am not saying you cannot restrain them to prevent them doing anything further but once you start wailing on them you will probably be going to jail.
Well, I can agree that somebody 3/4ths your size or smaller may require less force to subdue, but again that is not specific to women (and small size does not always mean the threat is small). As there are large women and small men. If size is the issue, then just make a statement that one shouldn't strike a smaller person if they can easily diffuse a violent situation without doing so. That is a fair statement, is it not? Women aren't all petite damsels who are incapable of inflicting harm or being a serious threat.

(16-09-2014 06:43 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Rev
It's always the same.
Except for I think this newer generation of young adults are even more* poor me* than the generations before them.
You just keep hoping a smart bunch of adults will step up and solve such ancient issues...
Yet each generation more spoiled than the one before.

I give up.
The entire conversation of getting people to HEAR statistics and give a shit just gets lost in all the whining and demand for equality.

Tell you what I'll address female abuse equal to male abuse as soon as women are genuinely equal citizens.

Lol
Like that will ever happen.
Sabrina, I don't like disagreeing with you, but I think you are wrong here. This isn't about "poor me" or "what about men" this is about addressing the problem of human violence in a way that addresses all parties that can be subject to it. If women were the only ones subject to violence, then yes, I'd say find a solution JUST for women. I won't disagree that more women are subject, but that doesn't mean to me that you negate men completely, which is what you seem to be doing. What I'm seeing from you is pretty much, "Because women statistically have it worse than men, I'm not going to care about any abuse toward men." How is that addressing the whole problem? How is that a solution? It's a partial solution instead of a full one.

(16-09-2014 07:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I still think there is hope for that. Maybe not in my lifetime but I just feel like giving up is the only way to insure it never will happen. You can usually tell the people that have had first hand experience with this issue since they are the only ones not wanting to jump through hypothetical hoops and contortions to equate the truly devastating damage a man can do to a woman with a slap to the face.
Dude, don't assume that I (or others) haven't experienced or observed violence against women just because I want to approach the problem with a complete solution, instead of a partial solution only catered to help a subset of victims.

(17-09-2014 12:46 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I'm glad you have hope. I guess I just don't anymore. Each time this topic is raised I get my hopes up only to see them dashed once again.
In the near40 yrs of battling for women's rights when abuse against women comes up... here's how it goes:
Topic raised
Women (and a few choice men) acknowledge that there IS abuse specific to women.
Men begin to discredit the reality of such abuse.
Men demand equal discussion on THEIR abuse issues.
Women request to stay ON topic.
And it's just a mess after that.

That's the step by step diagram of this conversation.
Appalling. ....
Year after year after year

*sigh*
When has anybody denied an abuse happening to women? I feel you are denying abuse that happens to small men, or even gay men (or really, just men). Just last night my girlfriend and I were discussing this and she described her gay friend who was sexually assaulted.

Violence can affect anybody.

*sigh* indeed.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
18-09-2014, 01:37 AM
(17-09-2014 06:16 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(16-09-2014 06:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Actually the law is pretty clear on the fact that if someone hits you and you do not hit back they go to jail.

This is the crux of the argument. Disproportionate response when someone 3/4 your size or smaller is hitting you would be to hit them back. I am not saying you cannot restrain them to prevent them doing anything further but once you start wailing on them you will probably be going to jail.
Well, I can agree that somebody 3/4ths your size or smaller may require less force to subdue, but again that is not specific to women (and small size does not always mean the threat is small). As there are large women and small men. If size is the issue, then just make a statement that one shouldn't strike a smaller person if they can easily diffuse a violent situation without doing so. That is a fair statement, is it not? Women aren't all petite damsels who are incapable of inflicting harm or being a serious threat.

(16-09-2014 06:43 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Rev
It's always the same.
Except for I think this newer generation of young adults are even more* poor me* than the generations before them.
You just keep hoping a smart bunch of adults will step up and solve such ancient issues...
Yet each generation more spoiled than the one before.

I give up.
The entire conversation of getting people to HEAR statistics and give a shit just gets lost in all the whining and demand for equality.

Tell you what I'll address female abuse equal to male abuse as soon as women are genuinely equal citizens.

Lol
Like that will ever happen.
Sabrina, I don't like disagreeing with you, but I think you are wrong here. This isn't about "poor me" or "what about men" this is about addressing the problem of human violence in a way that addresses all parties that can be subject to it. If women were the only ones subject to violence, then yes, I'd say find a solution JUST for women. I won't disagree that more women are subject, but that doesn't mean to me that you negate men completely, which is what you seem to be doing. What I'm seeing from you is pretty much, "Because women statistically have it worse than men, I'm not going to care about any abuse toward men." How is that addressing the whole problem? How is that a solution? It's a partial solution instead of a full one.

(16-09-2014 07:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I still think there is hope for that. Maybe not in my lifetime but I just feel like giving up is the only way to insure it never will happen. You can usually tell the people that have had first hand experience with this issue since they are the only ones not wanting to jump through hypothetical hoops and contortions to equate the truly devastating damage a man can do to a woman with a slap to the face.
Dude, don't assume that I (or others) haven't experienced or observed violence against women just because I want to approach the problem with a complete solution, instead of a partial solution only catered to help a subset of victims.

(17-09-2014 12:46 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I'm glad you have hope. I guess I just don't anymore. Each time this topic is raised I get my hopes up only to see them dashed once again.
In the near40 yrs of battling for women's rights when abuse against women comes up... here's how it goes:
Topic raised
Women (and a few choice men) acknowledge that there IS abuse specific to women.
Men begin to discredit the reality of such abuse.
Men demand equal discussion on THEIR abuse issues.
Women request to stay ON topic.
And it's just a mess after that.

That's the step by step diagram of this conversation.
Appalling. ....
Year after year after year

*sigh*
When has anybody denied an abuse happening to women? I feel you are denying abuse that happens to small men, or even gay men (or really, just men). Just last night my girlfriend and I were discussing this and she described her gay friend who was sexually assaulted.

Violence can affect anybody.

*sigh* indeed.

You are missing my point.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
22-09-2014, 08:55 PM
This is easy to answer. The aggressor, no matter the gender, cedes their rights to the aggressed, upon the initiation of force. You have the right to respond with force when force is initiated upon you. To the gender biased and feminists... Equal rights, equal fights.
22-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Yeah.... that's nice.

Sure.... this is oh so easy. Hence how domestic violence is a complete non-issue, huh?
We feminists just have nothing to complain about.
Silly us.

I'm so glad crimes & violence against women has stopped. Equal pay and the right to vote wiped all crime away.....whew. good to know.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
22-09-2014, 09:28 PM
(22-09-2014 09:24 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Yeah.... that's nice.

Sure.... this is oh so easy. Hence how domestic violence is a complete non-issue, huh?
Silly us.

I'm so glad crimes & violence against women has stopped. Equal pay and the right to vote wiped all crime away.....whew. good to know.

Well you can generally dismiss anything from someone with the word Anarcho in their name. They are wearing a stupid sign and more often than not confirm it with crap like that.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
23-09-2014, 02:53 AM
The only time you should hit anybody is when hitting is the only way to stop someone from hurting you or someone else. If you can use any other means of preventing harm that don't require hitting, those should be used instead. This is a universal rule that I wish everyone would follow.
23-09-2014, 03:02 AM
(22-09-2014 08:55 PM)AnarchoAtheist Wrote:  This is easy to answer. The aggressor, no matter the gender, cedes their rights to the aggressed, upon the initiation of force. You have the right to respond with force when force is initiated upon you. To the gender biased and feminists... Equal rights, equal fights.
Is that you, Luminon? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
23-09-2014, 12:43 PM
(22-09-2014 09:24 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Yeah.... that's nice.

Silly us.

You must be very relieved. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user