When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2014, 03:36 AM
RE: When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?
(23-09-2014 03:02 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 08:55 PM)AnarchoAtheist Wrote:  This is easy to answer. The aggressor, no matter the gender, cedes their rights to the aggressed, upon the initiation of force. You have the right to respond with force when force is initiated upon you. To the gender biased and feminists... Equal rights, equal fights.
Is that you, Luminon? Consider
No, it's not me. I might agree in principle, but I believe in self-knowledge and therapy to prevent such situations. Without self-knowledge, people seek to re-create impossible situations from childhood to try to resolve old trauma - if the mother was a bitch, the new girlfriend/wife will be a bitch - which never works. This ship has sailed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2014, 01:51 PM
(24-09-2014 03:36 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(23-09-2014 03:02 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Is that you, Luminon? Consider
No, it's not me. I might agree in principle, but I believe in self-knowledge and therapy to prevent such situations. Without self-knowledge, people seek to re-create impossible situations from childhood to try to resolve old trauma - if the mother was a bitch, the new girlfriend/wife will be a bitch - which never works. This ship has sailed.

Really? Self knowledge ends abuse against women?
How?
Dont blather on....bring me some science to back that up.
WTF are you going on about?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
24-09-2014, 01:54 PM
(24-09-2014 01:51 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(24-09-2014 03:36 AM)Luminon Wrote:  No, it's not me. I might agree in principle, but I believe in self-knowledge and therapy to prevent such situations. Without self-knowledge, people seek to re-create impossible situations from childhood to try to resolve old trauma - if the mother was a bitch, the new girlfriend/wife will be a bitch - which never works. This ship has sailed.

Really? Self knowledge ends abuse against women?
How?

I like how in his example it was the woman needing to be hit that needs fixing not his desire to hit them.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
24-09-2014, 02:30 PM
(24-09-2014 01:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(24-09-2014 01:51 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Really? Self knowledge ends abuse against women?
How?

I like how in his example it was the woman needing to be hit that needs fixing not his desire to hit them.

Yet spanking children is evil?Consider

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
24-09-2014, 02:45 PM
(24-09-2014 01:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(24-09-2014 01:51 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Really? Self knowledge ends abuse against women?
How?

Hmmm, I don't think that's what he said. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-09-2014, 02:50 PM
(24-09-2014 02:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-09-2014 01:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I like how in his example it was the woman needing to be hit that needs fixing not his desire to hit them.

Hmmm, I don't think that's what he said. Consider
I agree with that statement Chas. But at the same time, I'm not even sure what he did say.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
24-09-2014, 03:07 PM
(24-09-2014 02:50 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(24-09-2014 02:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  Hmmm, I don't think that's what he said. Consider
I agree with that statement Chas. But at the same time, I'm not even sure what he did say.

I think he is asserting that therapy should be enough to break the cycle; that men who had bad mothers expect all women to be bad. Or something.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-09-2014, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2014 06:38 AM by Res Publica.)
(22-09-2014 08:55 PM)AnarchoAtheist Wrote:  This is easy to answer. The aggressor, no matter the gender, cedes their rights to the aggressed, upon the initiation of force. You have the right to respond with force when force is initiated upon you. To the gender biased and feminists... Equal rights, equal fights.

Funny thing, I am not a feminist at all and I think what you just said is complete bullshit. You cannot just "respond with force when force is initiated upon you" and the aggressor does not "cede... their rights to the aggressed". So what, if a girl slaps you you can beat her face in‽

I wonder how you would feel if you pushed someone and then they grabbed a knife and carved out your eye or maimed you. After all, you initiated force, and therefore cede all your rights to them.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
[+] 3 users Like Res Publica's post
24-09-2014, 03:46 PM
(24-09-2014 03:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-09-2014 02:50 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I agree with that statement Chas. But at the same time, I'm not even sure what he did say.

I think he is asserting that therapy should be enough to break the cycle; that men who had bad mothers expect all women to be bad. Or something.

Right.
Men have a long history of therapy to stop their violence towards women.
Yep
Happens every day.
(Total sarcasm)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
24-09-2014, 05:39 PM
(08-09-2014 06:41 PM)wazzel Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 04:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am going to withhold my opinion on this but would like to know why the question is being asked.

Is there reason the OP wants to know if he can hit a woman?

Not really. With the domestic violence in the new lately I was just wondering how others felt. I still think hitting should be reserved for self defense and sparring. Getting slapped does not justify a beat down(Ray Rice). On the flip side women should not get a pass when they do hit out of anger.
Now, this is reasonable! Smile