When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2014, 07:49 PM
RE: When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?
(24-09-2014 03:21 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 08:55 PM)AnarchoAtheist Wrote:  This is easy to answer. The aggressor, no matter the gender, cedes their rights to the aggressed, upon the initiation of force. You have the right to respond with force when force is initiated upon you. To the gender biased and feminists... Equal rights, equal fights.

Funny thing, I am not a feminist at all and I think what you just said is complete bullshit. You cannot just "respond with force when force is initiated upon you" and the aggressor does not "cede... their rights to the aggressed". So what, if a girl slaps you you can beat her face in‽

I wonder how you would feel if you pushed someone and then they grabbed a knife and carved out your eye or maimed you. After all, you initiated force, and therefore cede all you rights to them.

I just thought I would add on this, since they cede their rights, I'm going to entice people into punching me, and once they "cede their rights" by doing so, enslave them. Appears I have just found a highly exploitable loophole.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2014, 01:46 AM
Can i just go back to my original reply to the op?

Never.
It is never ok to hit a woman.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
25-09-2014, 05:06 AM
(25-09-2014 01:46 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Can i just go back to my original reply to the op?

Never.
It is never ok to hit a woman.
Sure you can. I am going to stick with sparring and self defense as my answer. When I say self defense I mean actual fear of bodily harm, not just because you were touched and now have an excuse.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
25-09-2014, 05:16 AM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2014 06:03 AM by Luminon.)
(24-09-2014 01:51 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Really? Self knowledge ends abuse against women?
How?
Dont blather on....bring me some science to back that up.
WTF are you going on about?
What? Isn't that obvious? I don't know what to say about that.
Yes, there are many theories on violence in the field, but they all rely on the basic fact, that people aren't blind, deaf and dumb, that they learn the things they see, such as language, or violence.
[Image: Dzheki-Chan-mem-150x150.jpg]
What do you think all these people are doing in psychotherapy? They're getting to know themselves. We do many dysfunctional things to distract ourselves from the truth about us. If we were assaulted as children, we avoid this anxiety by assaulting children, because they remind us of our original situation, which makes us anxious.
We are vessels, about 1/3 of victims of violence become violent themselves, because they "can't control themselves" (or so they say, which is bullshit).
If you read any book on psychology or ask any therapist, you will learn the same. I don't even know where to start, it's in John Bradshaw, Jane Middelton-Moz, Alice Miller...
Kids aren't snooker balls that anyone can knock around and they stay unchanged. They don't "learn better" from violence, they copy. I think you know that very well, but I heard that the whole black community is blissfully ignorant of that and frankly, most of white community too.
Who do you think is most violent against children? Women, of course. Especially single mothers. Mothers single out boys for punishment, they're more lenient with girls. This early experience with women does carry into adult relationships.
http://www.livescience.com/1257-study-re...anked.html
Here's another one for what it's worth. Mindfulness should stop us when we'd lash out of anxiety, thus seeking therapy in time, thus gaining self-knowledge.
http://pps.sagepub.com/content/8/2/173.abstract
25-09-2014, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2014 10:01 AM by WitchSabrina.)
http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/domviol/facts.htm

I particularly like that men who kill their wives serve an average of 2-6 yrs in prison while women convicted of the same serve an average of 15+.

[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
25-09-2014, 10:41 AM
(25-09-2014 09:45 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/domviol/facts.htm

I particularly like that men who kill their wives serve an average of 2-6 yrs in prison while women convicted of the same serve an average of 15+.

That is messed up there should not be any significant difference in the sentences.
[+] 2 users Like wazzel's post
25-09-2014, 10:57 AM
(25-09-2014 01:46 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Can i just go back to my original reply to the op?

Never.
It is never ok to hit a womanperson.
There we go, just a quick revision.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 5 users Like Adrianime's post
25-09-2014, 04:49 PM
(25-09-2014 10:57 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  

Never.
It is never ok to hit a womanperson.
There we go, just a quick revision.

And the conversation (along with stastics) about women specifically goes right out the door

Again

[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
25-09-2014, 04:54 PM
(25-09-2014 04:49 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(25-09-2014 10:57 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  There we go, just a quick revision.

And the conversation (along with stastics) about women specifically goes right out the door

Again

Well I am coming to find out if it does not affect him directly he does not care.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
25-09-2014, 06:36 PM
(25-09-2014 04:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Well I am coming to find out if it does not affect him directly he does not care.
Dude, stop being so self righteous. I've never said violence against women isn't significant. I've only said that violence as a whole is an issue we all deal with, and catering a solution to a subset of victims is not a real solution. I have nothing against being an advocate against violence for women. What I do have an issue with is advocating that violence against anybody other than women is automatically less significant by virtue of the victim not being a woman.

To me your arguments are parallel to saying, "Well since black people have a history of oppression and being victims of racism in America, it is MORE wrong to be racist against black people than it is other ethnicities." which I also think is wrong. Racism is wrong, no matter who it is happening to. Same with violence.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post