When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2014, 06:41 PM
RE: When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?
(25-09-2014 06:36 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(25-09-2014 04:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Well I am coming to find out if it does not affect him directly he does not care.
Dude, stop being so self righteous. I've never said violence against women isn't significant. I've only said that violence as a whole is an issue we all deal with, and catering a solution to a subset of victims is not a real solution. I have nothing against being an advocate against violence for women. What I do have an issue with is advocating that violence against anybody other than women is automatically less significant by virtue of the victim not being a woman.

To me your arguments are parallel to saying, "Well since black people have a history of oppression and being victims of racism in America, it is MORE wrong to be racist against black people than it is other ethnicities." which I also think is wrong. Racism is wrong, no matter who it is happening to. Same with violence.

It's like saying racism isnt a problem for blacks because some black people are racist against whites. The scope of the problem is not equal.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
25-09-2014, 10:02 PM
(25-09-2014 06:41 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-09-2014 06:36 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Dude, stop being so self righteous. I've never said violence against women isn't significant. I've only said that violence as a whole is an issue we all deal with, and catering a solution to a subset of victims is not a real solution. I have nothing against being an advocate against violence for women. What I do have an issue with is advocating that violence against anybody other than women is automatically less significant by virtue of the victim not being a woman.

To me your arguments are parallel to saying, "Well since black people have a history of oppression and being victims of racism in America, it is MORE wrong to be racist against black people than it is other ethnicities." which I also think is wrong. Racism is wrong, no matter who it is happening to. Same with violence.

It's like saying racism isnt a problem for blacks because some black people are racist against whites. The scope of the problem is not equal.

And
If we *could* focus on abuse of women without diluting the issue by also discussing men's problems we could work to solve things.
But
We can't.
And we cant because we won't.

Its just that simple .

At some point in some lifetime some group will pay attention to violence against women and that group will move mountains.

If the stastistics for men & women where abuse is concerned were equal i would not carry this flag. But those numbers are frighteningly out of proportion. And so this flag i carry. And i will to my dying day.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
02-10-2014, 08:34 PM
To answer the OP: if she's into that sort of thing. Angel

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
03-10-2014, 07:14 AM
(25-09-2014 10:02 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  If the stastistics for men & women where abuse is concerned were equal i would not carry this flag. But those numbers are frighteningly out of proportion. And so this flag i carry. And i will to my dying day.

It might be time to start reevaluating your position. I do not know how reliable this site is for data, but it is not the first article that I have seen that concludes the rates of violence are approximately equal. It is also one that backs up that women are much more likely to be killed or seriously injured during a domestic confrontation. This site says 3x's.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/woman-aggre...ce/196746/

It also goes into that women are more likely to be the perpetrator of child abuse.

I found it to be an interesting read and invite you to look at it.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
03-10-2014, 03:26 PM
(02-10-2014 08:34 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  To answer the OP: if she's into that sort of thing. Angel

Of all the threads to bump, you bump this one... Damnit McGrew.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
03-10-2014, 03:28 PM
*Screams*

03-10-2014, 03:34 PM
(02-10-2014 08:34 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  To answer the OP: if she's into that sort of thing. Angel

No kitty.....no.

03-10-2014, 03:37 PM
(03-10-2014 03:34 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  

No kitty.....no.

His type just doesn't listen!

[Image: 46333.gif]

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
04-10-2014, 08:11 AM
Right when he's about to come?
04-10-2014, 08:41 AM
I've had this conversation with my wife and her friend. My wife agrees that if a woman hits a man he should hit her back. She says this because she claims there are women who will provoke men knowing that he will have to take it or be labeled a women beater. She's probably right. Those women exist I'm sure.
Her friend says it's never right to hit a woman because men are stronger. Of course this Ignores the fact that some women are stronger. I asked her if it's ok for me to hit a man that's weaker than me. She didn't have an answer. Just changed the subject...
I can't help but wonder if this mentality is correct or just out dated.
I was taught to never hit a woman. I was taught to open doors for them and to give up my seat and all those things.
Is that a remnant from when women were considered weak by all men.
I can't help but wonder if opening doors and beating your wife are somehow historically tied.
I dunno. Musings of a madman perhaps?
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post