When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2014, 03:19 PM
RE: When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?
It is never ok for a man to hit a woman.

Never.

Trying to drag logic or explanation is only an excuse. Check your motivation for needing to strike a female.

#1 dumbest thread I've seen here to date.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
08-09-2014, 03:26 PM
(08-09-2014 03:04 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Interesting, touchy topic!

Women are certainly capable of being bullies, and the "you can't hit me back 'cause I'm a woman" is just one more piece of their manipulation and abuse of their partner. I do agree its a problem and that it's important to raise awareness.

I think this article leaves some holes, but nonetheless it makes some good points. It states 85% of DV victims are women, and 15% are male. It doesn't state if the perpetrators of the men are also men.

http://domesticviolencestatistics.org/me...-violence/

I've taken quite a few women to the OR and have splinted a LOT of bones due to domestic violence. The only adult male patients I ever had as DV victims were gay - meaning their MALE partners beat the shit out of them. The focus of domestic violence tends to be on women (and children) because they are typically the victims with the most catastrophic injuries. Also, there is a social stigma attached to a man reporting DV. Historically, women have been the ones with the fewest resources to leave an abusive relationship. Men are not showing up en masse at emergency departments for liver lacerations, head bleeds, and fractures - at least, not at the hands of a woman. Note I said HANDS. Completely different ball game when we start talking weapons.

If I ever were to hit my husband, in my opinion, he would only be justified in using enough force to protect himself and subdue me. He is highly trained, larger, and stronger. Let's be realistic here, I'd be more likely to break my hand than him actually get injured. And I'd still deserve to be arrested after being enough of a dumbass to hit him. Have I ever hit him? No. Shoved him? No. Slapped him? No. Are there women who do this? Yes, and they should be prosecuted and the man should dump her sorry ass.

My opinion in a nutshell:
When you cross the point of self defense, you have gone too far, man or woman.

CDC says differently

http://www.saveservices.org/2012/02/cdc-...ner-abuse/
08-09-2014, 03:26 PM
(08-09-2014 12:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  It's OK when there is agreement. i.e. a boxing match

i.e. there's a pre-established safe word and you know which areas are fair game and which are off limits and/or dangerous

Blush

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
08-09-2014, 03:30 PM
I think having an inclination to hit things/people out of anger or dominance is a bigger issue than whether or not the thing you hit is a female human.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
08-09-2014, 03:31 PM
(08-09-2014 03:19 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  It is never ok for a man to hit a woman.

Never.

Trying to drag logic or explanation is only an excuse. Check your motivation for needing to strike a female.

Not even in a selfdefence situation? Men shod just take their beatings from women?
08-09-2014, 03:32 PM
(08-09-2014 03:30 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I think having an inclination to hit things/people out of anger or dominance is a bigger issue than whether or not the thing you hit is a female human.
Agreed
08-09-2014, 03:34 PM
(08-09-2014 03:19 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  It is never ok for a man to hit a woman.

Never.

Does this apply to males as well?
(I'm asking so I don't make the same mistake as before)

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 2 users Like One Above All's post
08-09-2014, 03:44 PM

Never.

WTAF is it with all these threads about feminism and hitting women etc?

To the "Guys", if you are insecure of your masculinity try not to show it FFS. It's like waving a big red flag over your heads that says "I have a small dick and I'm going to make up for it by being a mysoginistic prick". Facepalm

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
08-09-2014, 03:46 PM
(08-09-2014 03:44 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

Never.

WTAF is it with all these threads about feminism and hitting women etc?

To the "Guys", if you are insecure of your masculinity try not to show it FFS. It's like waving a big red flag over your heads that says "I have a small dick and I'm going to make up for it by being a mysoginistic prick". Facepalm
It's a legitimate question given the double standard in society. I think you are over-reacting and over-characterizing.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
08-09-2014, 03:47 PM
(08-09-2014 03:31 PM)wazzel Wrote:  

Never.

Not even in a selfdefence situation? Men shod just take their beatings from women?

One of the advantages of sexual dimorphism is that, in general, men don't have to take beatings from women. A man should be able to remove himself from a self defense situation without resorting to violence.

Due to the differences in upper body strength, joint leverages, and even jaw structure, male violence against women poses a significant risk of serious physical injury which is why I would agree with WitchSabrina - it's never OK for a man to hit a woman.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post