When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2014, 06:13 PM
RE: When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?
When you look like this:
[Image: muff2.jpg]

And she looks like this:

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2014, 06:14 PM
(08-09-2014 04:10 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 03:53 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  There are women MMA fighters who could easily kick a mans ass.
Thus my argument of self defense. I don't think anyone here is saying, "bro, you're just gonna have to let that chick stab you cause you know you can't hit a woman."
To me that sounds like what a few people were saying, since they were using the word never.
Quote:But striking a woman should rarely be necessary even in self defense. My husband would have no problems subduing me without landing one blow.
If you are worried for your safety during an assault, honestly I don't think the wellbeing of your assailant is of much concern (aside from not being unnecessarily brutal).

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
08-09-2014, 06:14 PM
When she comes at him with a hakapik.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
08-09-2014, 06:19 PM
I'd never hit a woman. But I'll shake the shit out of a bitch.

Tongue

PS: Before that riles anyone up that's just something we used think was funny to say in high school. But I suppose it's not entirely untrue given the situation.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
08-09-2014, 06:34 PM
(08-09-2014 06:19 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I'd never hit a woman. But I'll shake the shit out of a bitch.

Tongue

PS: Before that riles anyone up that's just something we used think was funny to say in high school. But I suppose it's not entirely untrue given the situation.

I think that may have been a Richard Pryor line. iirc

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-09-2014, 06:36 PM
(08-09-2014 06:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 06:19 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I'd never hit a woman. But I'll shake the shit out of a bitch.

Tongue

I think that may have been a Richard Pryor line. iirc

Nice. I can see him saying that.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
08-09-2014, 06:41 PM
(08-09-2014 04:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am going to withhold my opinion on this but would like to know why the question is being asked.

Is there reason the OP wants to know if he can hit a woman?

Not really. With the domestic violence in the new lately I was just wondering how others felt. I still think hitting should be reserved for self defense and sparring. Getting slapped does not justify a beat down(Ray Rice). On the flip side women should not get a pass when they do hit out of anger.
[+] 2 users Like wazzel's post
08-09-2014, 06:45 PM
I have grabbed by the wrists, shoved against a wall, and flat out picked up a female to get her away from me. Never used a fist, but I'm pretty sure I slapped the girl back once too, but not with great force. I'm not ashamed because I'm well aware of the circumstances that were going on, and simply don't care if someone else cries foul pay. I worry more about the woman who thinks it is ok to hit a man, then a man defending himself.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
08-09-2014, 06:48 PM
(08-09-2014 06:41 PM)wazzel Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 04:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am going to withhold my opinion on this but would like to know why the question is being asked.

Is there reason the OP wants to know if he can hit a woman?

Not really. With the domestic violence in the new lately I was just wondering how others felt. I still think hitting should be reserved for self defense and sparring. Getting slapped does not justify a beat down(Ray Rice). On the flip side women should not get a pass when they do hit out of anger.

No one should get a pass. Whenever possible in domestic violence situations the best thing is to remove yourself and call the authorities. No one wins when there is domestic violence but the choice is there to make it worse or make it stop. And there I mean two adults. Kids unfortunately often don't have a choice. But you were talking about men and women.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-09-2014, 07:11 PM
I will fess up and admit to the one woman I hit. A girl I dated in college would punch me in the shoulder when she got mad at me. We were about the same size. She was athletic and I was not. One day she got mad and slugged me in the arm so I slugged her back. She was very surprised and I told her that ea the last time ahe was going to hit me and have me stay around. She never hit me again.