When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2014, 08:05 PM
RE: When is it OK for a man to hit a woman?
(08-09-2014 03:50 PM)One Above All Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 03:44 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  WTAF is it with all these threads about feminism and hitting women etc?

Dunno. I just participate in them for kicks.

(08-09-2014 03:44 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  To the "Guys", if you are insecure of your masculinity try not to show it FFS.

I'm as insecure about an irrelevant term as an apatheist is about the existence of deities.

(08-09-2014 03:44 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  It's like waving a big red flag over your heads that says "I have a small dick and I'm going to make up for it by being a mysoginistic prick". Facepalm

You must show me the misogyny in this thread. As far as I can tell, everyone has simply stated that being a woman does not exempt you from being hit back in self-defense.
Also, the fact that you automatically assume everyone who participated in this thread (without insulting anyone) has a small dick speaks volumes about your insecurities.

"Guys" was a generalization. That you appear to be taking it personally says more about you than about me.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2014, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 09:31 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-09-2014 06:45 PM)Elskidor Wrote:  I have grabbed by the wrists, shoved against a wall, and flat out picked up a female to get her away from me. Never used a fist, but I'm pretty sure I slapped the girl back once too, but not with great force. I'm not ashamed ...

I'm not ashamed to say I curl up in the fetal position in a corner when ManlyGirl gets angry. You wouldn't like her when she's angry. I've seen the damage she can do. Especially when she's wearing her Red Wing steel-toed boots. She has a rep in my area. Couple of guys came up behind her in the liquor store to inform her "You know we're gonna rob you." To which she responds, "Go for it." When she gets to the counter and the thugs get to a second counter, their cashier says "Have you not heard of the girl with the cobra tattoo and the piercings? If you're gonna try and rob her let me know 'cause I wanna watch."

I've never struck a woman, I've never struck a kid, I have struck a few assholes and pricks 'cause they deserved it and shit.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-09-2014, 09:39 PM
No one should hit anyone, regardless of gender. Unless your physical life is in danger, and you are protecting yourself...walk away. You always have the option to walk away. (excluding scenarios where weapons are involved)

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
08-09-2014, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 10:26 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-09-2014 09:39 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  No one should hit anyone, regardless of gender. Unless your physical life is in danger, and you are protecting yourself...walk away. You always have the option to walk away. (excluding scenarios where weapons are involved)

ManlyGirl would disagree with you.

Episode 1: She's leaving the liguor store and Hector is begging for change. Manly gives dude a couple of bucks and walks away. He thanks her by coming up behind her and grabbing her tit. She responds with a right hook that lays the fucker out. 911 ambulance is called. Liquor store owner rushes out and says "Please please Miss Sue, just go. I'll handle this."

Episode 2: Manly's in the checkout line at Costco. Juan sees this as an opportunity to squeeze her ass. Juan gets a right elbow to the face which results in a shitload of blood and a broken nose. Costco manager says "Please please Miss Sue, just go. I'll handle this."

Episode 3: Manly's coming out of a gas station convenience store and idiot says "Give me your purse." and grabs at it. Manly kicks him in the shin with her steel-toed Red Wings and dude crumples with a fracture of the tibia and Manly just drives away.... Cops call later, they're trying not to laugh their ass off as they take her report.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-09-2014, 10:37 PM
(08-09-2014 10:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 09:39 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  No one should hit anyone, regardless of gender. Unless your physical life is in danger, and you are protecting yourself...walk away. You always have the option to walk away. (excluding scenarios where weapons are involved)

ManlyGirl would disagree with you.

Episode 1: She's leaving the liguor store and Hector is begging for change. Manly gives dude a couple of bucks and walks away. He thanks her by coming up behind her and grabbing her tit. She responds with a right hook that lays the fucker out. 911 ambulance is called. Liquor store owner rushes out and says "Please please Miss Sue, just go. I'll handle this."

Episode 2: Manly's in the checkout line at Costco. Juan sees this as an opportunity to squeeze her ass. Juan gets a right elbow to the face which results in a shitload of blood and a broken nose. Costco manager says "Please please Miss Sue, just go. I'll handle this."

Episode 3: Manly's coming out of a gas station convenience store and idiot says "Give me your purse." and grabs at it. Manly kicks him in the shin with her steel-toed Red Wings and dude crumples with a fracture of the tibia and Manly just drives away.... Cops call later, they're trying not to laugh their ass off as they take her report.

I stipulated for protecting one's self...which sounds like that could be the case in any of those scenarios. When someone gets in your space, you never know if they might try to hurt you so ...I'd call this protecting one's self.

If we are talking domestic fights etc...and a guy or woman starts getting in each other's faces...either one should walk away. Drive away. Just leave the situation to cool off.

Be true to yourself. Heart
08-09-2014, 10:54 PM
(08-09-2014 05:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  There's no 'never', no absolute answer. It's entirely situational. Yes

I suppose you are right, Chas.(z)
*Nods head*

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
08-09-2014, 10:56 PM
(08-09-2014 10:37 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  If we are talking domestic fights etc...and a guy or woman starts getting in each other's faces...either one should walk away. Drive away. Just leave the situation to cool off.

I curl up in a fetal position in a corner. But YMMV. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
08-09-2014, 10:57 PM
(08-09-2014 03:47 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 03:31 PM)wazzel Wrote:  Not even in a selfdefence situation? Men shod just take their beatings from women?

One of the advantages of sexual dimorphism is that, in general, men don't have to take beatings from women. A man should be able to remove himself from a self defense situation without resorting to violence.

Due to the differences in upper body strength, joint leverages, and even jaw structure, male violence against women poses a significant risk of serious physical injury which is why I would agree with WitchSabrina - it's never OK for a man to hit a woman.

Thank you Can.
Appreciate you know what I mean.

Much respect

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
08-09-2014, 11:24 PM
(08-09-2014 10:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...
"Please please Miss Sue, just go. I'll handle this."

Those Miss Sue nights are the longest... Bowing

08-09-2014, 11:28 PM
This video, I like. And I agree with the message. (It's about how people view violence man to woman compared to woman to man.)

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 3 users Like Adrianime's post