When is it morally okay to kill a human being?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-10-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: When is it morally okay to kill a human being?
(15-10-2015 04:41 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 04:38 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I haven't turned on a TV in years. I only turn the TV off when the kids leave it on.

Your children watch Fox news??

Why would I ever doubt it?

I got rid of cable TV a long time ago. My kids watch internet streamed kid shows and talks (like TED talks) that I make them watch.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
15-10-2015, 04:46 PM
(15-10-2015 03:57 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I know your just setting up for some sort of ethical gotcha question. But with that aside I think that would be a really interesting sci-fi movie. Have you seen Moon? If you haven't seen it a must see. I don't want to ruin anything. But the premise is very close.

[Image: moon.jpg?1b285a]

So I would have to answer this question as if I was in this sci-fi future reality.

Not only that we have gotten to the point where we could send human life to a habitable planet within a single life time. That alone would be astounding. Tech has gotten to the point where life can be created at a whim. A question would remain however; Why would send a single person at all, when all that would have to do is program the printer to create a life once it arrived at the destination. Or at in the very least enough materials to create more then one. Procreation takes 9 months for a baby to be born and even longer to raise a(human?) child that would result from such a copulation. Survival alone could be a challenge enough let alone with a child. You can't populate a planet with only two people. (What a silly idea) So why would we not have enough materials to make multiple versions?

But I digress.

So we have a carbon copy of a human being. You would know that this "being" was nothing more than a man made creation. The same as a home computer. Whatever memories it was given. You know aren't real.

Also what is defined as beauty in the future world? Idea body types and standards change very rapidly.

But let's say they stay he had a thing for Kate Upton. He put in for Kate Upton and got Shirley Phelps. Ok. This tech has gotten to the point however. That it can impute memories into this living being. If you threw this concuss being into the hopper, to reuse the part's. Technically it would be the same person. Same memories, same components for these body parts. The created being would never know any difference, and would still have the inputted memories as it would have before.

This could lead to the bigger question of what defines a individual? A clone of a person would have all the same trates of the person it was copied from but once it would be created it would start experience life in a different way. Those life event's could redefine who that person is.

If I was living in this Sci-fi Fantasy world I would probable wouldn't have a problem restarting the project over. Life would be so accessible that it's value could be redefined. Possible devalued.

A little off topic but people who made that video didn't actually look at some of the clothing that exists from the different eras. Some of these people were tiny. Not just short but tiny.

There's this myth that Marilyn Monroe was a size 16 and sometimes reported to be even a size 20. She was more like a size 4 or even a size 2.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/...ize-12-16/

Ok, back to the topic at hand.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-10-2015, 04:47 PM
(15-10-2015 04:41 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 04:38 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Well there you go. You have an answer which is perfect for yourself, conforms to your own beliefs and view on the world.

So why are you asking us?

Laws which have some footing in morality are common decisions not individual ones.
Well, I'm all for removing intrusive laws and for letting people decide for themselves what actions to take.

We do of course need some laws in order to function as a society but we don't need laws for morality's sake.

So for example if you want to raise a Downs child then you can, if opportunity knocks, and if others want to abort then they can. Everyone is happy and govt don't need to intrude.
15-10-2015, 04:48 PM
(15-10-2015 04:42 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Tell that to the 12 year old's family.

Okay.

Heywood to 12 year old's Dad: it is immoral for you to go out and kill Banjo because you think he raped your 12 year old daughter. It is our criminal justice system which will determine if Banjo is guilty and his subsequent punishment.
15-10-2015, 04:50 PM
When they're being a twat.
Legally on the other hand...
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
15-10-2015, 04:51 PM
(15-10-2015 04:47 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 04:41 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Laws which have some footing in morality are common decisions not individual ones.
Well, I'm all for removing intrusive laws and for letting people decide for themselves what actions to take.

We do of course need some laws in order to function as a society but we don't need laws for morality's sake.

So for example if you want to raise a Downs child then you can, if opportunity knocks, and if others want to abort then they can. Everyone is happy and govt don't need to intrude.

So I take it you are okay with a mother aborting a child only because the father was black? Or a mother aborting a child only because it is a female?
15-10-2015, 04:51 PM
(15-10-2015 04:48 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 04:42 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Tell that to the 12 year old's family.

Okay.

Heywood to 12 year old's Dad: it is immoral for you to go out and kill Banjo because you think he raped your 12 year old daughter. It is our criminal justice system which will determine if Banjo is guilty and his subsequent punishment.

I would NOT do that. Just as I would not murder a child.

Next?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
15-10-2015, 04:52 PM
(15-10-2015 04:02 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 03:18 PM)mediocrates Wrote:  CricketsSleepyCrickets

I'm bored of this. Impossible moral conundrums are lame.

It is only impossible if the axioms by which you base your morality are not consistent with each other. To me the question is easy. The 3D printed human is a human being and all human beings require moral protection whether they are a person or a potential person. The choice to recycle the human being is immoral.

I put this thread in politics because it is about abortion. The station is under the complete control of the lone occupant. It is his choice to allow another human being of his choosing to occupy it...that is true. But him killing another human being to exercise his choice is immoral as far as I am concerned.

A potential human being is not a human being.

You think a fertilized egg is a human being? Seriously?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-10-2015, 04:55 PM
(15-10-2015 04:51 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  So I take it you are okay with a mother aborting a child only because the father was black? Or a mother aborting a child only because it is a female?
I don't need to be OK with it. It's not my business to interfere.
I'm not god. I'm not the judge of rightness or wrongness of people's actions.
15-10-2015, 04:55 PM
(15-10-2015 04:51 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 04:48 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Okay.

I would NOT do that. Just as I would not murder a child.

Next?

You would not tell a 12 year old's family that it is immoral for them to kill the person they suspect raped their daughter?