When is it morally okay to kill a human being?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-10-2015, 04:56 PM
RE: When is it morally okay to kill a human being?
(15-10-2015 04:55 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 04:51 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I would NOT do that. Just as I would not murder a child.

Next?

You would not tell a 12 year old's family that it is immoral for them to kill the person they suspect raped their daughter?

Face it, you lost with your baseless accusation.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2015, 04:58 PM
(15-10-2015 04:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  A potential human being is not a human being.

You think a fertilized egg is a human being? Seriously?

I think he's saying a fertilized egg is a SLEEPING human being.
[+] 2 users Like mediocrates's post
15-10-2015, 05:00 PM
(15-10-2015 04:55 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 04:51 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  So I take it you are okay with a mother aborting a child only because the father was black? Or a mother aborting a child only because it is a female?
I don't need to be OK with it. It's not my business to interfere.
I'm not god. I'm not the judge of rightness or wrongness of people's actions.

Your consistent....I admire that. If there was a test that could test for homosexuality in utereo....you would be okay with mothers aborting babies simply because they were gay.

I disagree with you...but I do respect you consistency even when it leads to allowing people to engage in completely despicable behavior. These questions shouldn't be hard as one poster alluded too and they don't seem hard for you. Your world view might be warped(from my perspective) but at least it is consistent.
15-10-2015, 05:02 PM
(15-10-2015 04:51 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 04:47 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Well, I'm all for removing intrusive laws and for letting people decide for themselves what actions to take.

We do of course need some laws in order to function as a society but we don't need laws for morality's sake.

So for example if you want to raise a Downs child then you can, if opportunity knocks, and if others want to abort then they can. Everyone is happy and govt don't need to intrude.

So I take it you are okay with a mother aborting a child only because the father was black? Or a mother aborting a child only because it is a female?

In the first or second trimester it's just fine.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-10-2015, 05:02 PM
(15-10-2015 04:56 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 04:55 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You would not tell a 12 year old's family that it is immoral for them to kill the person they suspect raped their daughter?

Face it, you lost with your baseless accusation.

No Banjo....you lost when you implied that society has no right to impose its morality on to the family of a twelve year old. Apparently, it seems, society does have a right to impose it morality on the family of a twelve year old when you are their target.
15-10-2015, 05:04 PM
What was the child's crime?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
15-10-2015, 05:10 PM
(15-10-2015 05:00 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Your consistent....I admire that. If there was a test that could test for homosexuality in utereo....you would be okay with mothers aborting babies simply because they were gay.
Again, I don't have to be OK with it. It's not my place to judge or to interfere.

(15-10-2015 05:00 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I disagree with you...
Yeah, but...

On what grounds do you disagree with me?
If you are saying that people ought to use force to ensure others conform to someone's moral standard then you are advocating a "Might makes right" scenario. Which leads to violence and bloodshed while people fight over whose morals it is that get forced on others and then more violence to get people to conform to those morals.
YOU are endorsing this violence.

All the while you believe that it is your own "all powerful" god who defines right from wrong. Why don't you leave moral justice upto your perfect and just god. Surely in the afterlife your god will make "his" judgement.
And his judgement and punishment will be perfect and just. So why do you advocate that humans make a fumbling and corrupt attempt at moral judgement on Earth?

(15-10-2015 05:00 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  but I do respect you consistency even when it leads to allowing people to engage in completely despicable behavior.
By whose authority is something judged as being despicable behaviour?
I do feel that many people have a fear of giving up control. A fear of letting other people make their own decisions.

(15-10-2015 05:00 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  These questions shouldn't be hard as one poster alluded too and they don't seem hard for you.
Not hard for me at all.

(15-10-2015 05:00 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Your world view might be warped(from my perspective) but at least it is consistent.
Thank you, I appreciate your honesty and recognision of my consistency.
15-10-2015, 05:13 PM
(15-10-2015 05:04 PM)Banjo Wrote:  What was the child's crime?

The child told her dad you were her rapist. So the dad is going to hurt you bad. A simple DNA test will show that the child testimony is wrong.....but that doesn't matter in your world because in your world no one....except an innocent Banjo....has the right to impose societies morality onto the family of a 12 year old.

Your attempt at demagoguery has failed Banjo. Society can and does impose its morality onto others....including the family of 12 year olds.
15-10-2015, 05:14 PM
(15-10-2015 05:13 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 05:04 PM)Banjo Wrote:  What was the child's crime?

The child told her dad you were her rapist. So the dad is going to hurt you bad. A simple DNA test will show that the child testimony is wrong.....but that doesn't matter in your world because in your world no one....except an innocent Banjo....has the right to impose societies morality onto the family of a 12 year old.

Your attempt at demagoguery has failed Banjo. Society can and does impose its morality onto others....including the family of 12 year olds.

Kindly stay on topic.

Banjo.
15-10-2015, 05:25 PM
(15-10-2015 04:58 PM)mediocrates Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 04:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  A potential human being is not a human being.

You think a fertilized egg is a human being? Seriously?

I think he's saying a fertilized egg is a SLEEPING human being.

From a physics standpoint, there really is not much difference between a fertilized egg and a random ethopian on the other side of the world. In both instances I can travel through space and time and find a person....unless of course the human being is killed before I arrive.