When is it okay to kill?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2015, 06:13 PM
RE: When is it okay to kill?
(22-06-2015 02:40 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  @Thumpalumpacus

Modern Americans who hunt, do it for enjoyment. Before agriculture, humans on this continent hunted out of necessity. No one today has to hunt. Even for those like online biker who dislike hunting, but hunt strictly for the meat (I assure this is a very small minority of hunters in America), it's still only to fulfill one's desire for a luxury that's not needed for survival; a meat that can't be bought at the grocery. It's still for pleasure. If you think that you have one friend who hunts for pleasure, and that the rest hunt for survival, you're kidding yourself.

I had asked you to support your point, not to repeat it. Thanks anyway.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2015, 06:16 PM
(22-06-2015 03:16 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I don't care if you enjoy hunting as long as you do it humanely and eat what you kill. My brothers hunt and they like the thrill of the chase, adrenaline etc. But they use what they kill and do it humanely--so I have no issues with it.

This is my feel for it. There's nothing wrong with enjoying it; there's something wrong with leaving carcasses to rot. If you're eating what you kill, I hope you're enjoying the hunt as well.

We evolved as hunters. I'm not about to let modern PC handwringing make me look at my hunter friends with disdain so long as those friends aren't assholes about their hunting. If they share the meat ... great. If they let the carcass rot, they're not my friend anyways, because I don't like dickheads.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
22-06-2015, 06:48 PM
Can't remember if I responded to this one before, but basically it is never OK to kill unless its a last resort for self defense.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
22-06-2015, 07:41 PM
(22-06-2015 06:48 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Can't remember if I responded to this one before, but basically it is never OK to kill unless its a last resort for self defense.

What do you eat?
22-06-2015, 07:43 PM
(22-06-2015 07:41 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(22-06-2015 06:48 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Can't remember if I responded to this one before, but basically it is never OK to kill unless its a last resort for self defense.

What do you eat?

ninja plants?
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-06-2015, 09:34 PM
(22-06-2015 07:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(22-06-2015 07:41 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  What do you eat?

ninja plants?

Whoa, I read that as "ninja pants" for a moment.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
23-06-2015, 05:26 AM

How about the defense of others?

How about assisting a person who's terminally ill and in horrific pain?

How about if some sorry sons a bitch takes the last cold beer????

It's not always so cut and dry..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
23-06-2015, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2015 05:52 PM by Matt Finney.)
Alright...last post about hunting. Just wanted to put this video up to help folks who have never hunted possibly gain a better understanding of why hunters like myself hunt.

26-06-2015, 08:20 AM
It is never okay to kill. There are situations where killing may be socially acceptable, but it is never a morally just act to take a life. The question itself is an unfortunate acknowledgement of our still relatively primitive state of evolution. A better question seems to be why do we still have limited understanding and technology, that leads to killing animals, resource competition, and psychopathy.

“ moral virtue comesabout as a result of habit.” --Aristotle

Secular Ethos
26-06-2015, 08:22 AM
(26-06-2015 08:20 AM)jthiret Wrote:  It is never okay to kill. There are situations where killing may be socially acceptable, but it is never a morally just act to take a life. The question itself is an unfortunate acknowledgement of our still relatively primitive state of evolution. A better question seems to be why do we still have limited understanding and technology, that leads to killing animals, resource competition, and psychopathy.

Killing in self defense or defense of the innocent or weak. Those are moral acts.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post